IGNORED

Today is Tuesday 20th April!

22A

Brilliant recollection of one of the very best dadys on my life - and surely many who come on to this forum old enough to remember

Those days seem a million miles from today's nonsense of Sky and Robins TV, football agents earning millions, clubs run by foreign owners with greed and ego as their main motivation, fans who want instant success etc etc

There are some on here who wanted 'Johnson Out, Holden Out and soon will want Pearson Out so a word to make you feel less bad; Just 4 years on from that brilliant day v Pompey and the even better one at Highbury, City fans would shout and sing from the East End for Alan Dicks to be sacked and it got worse and worse until he eventually left. So the whinging reds have always been around; not just a recent phenomenum that drives most City fans away from OTiB and other social media because we all love City in different ways and want different things from our support. I expect one thing that unites all is not to have greedy foreign owners and managers taking the club away from us?

Back to better things now and watching Big Cheese head beyond Jimmy Rimmer; CoYRs

Fantastic times & feel lucky that I was just old enough to be there.

Still amazed me how little recognition Alan Dicks gets for his achievements, we all know it ended badly for the club, but from about ‘73 to ‘79 we had some amazing times.

I was 13 when we got promoted & can say the promotion side without even thinking. Hundreds of players have passed through BS3 since, none has achieved anything like this.

Cashley, Sweeney, Drysdale, Gow, Collier, Merrick, Tainton, Ritchie, Mann, Cheesley, Whitehead & Gillies. 

What a team.

Brilliant times to be a city fan!

A team full of heroes, pity Cheese got injured otherwise who knows what might have been.

Never forget that game along with Coventry away, amazing.

Was stood on the steps to the "Way inn" with a pint in my hand as the bus arrived and Sir Geoffrey made his speech. Somethings you just never forget.....

This day in 1976 we were celebrating City promoted to the 1st Division with a game to spare..

45 years later to the day, Rovers drop to bottom of the 3rd Division, nine points from safety with three games remaining.

Archived