IGNORED

NFL 21/22 Season

Dynamite Red

Got sucked into Jones to the 49ers like everyone else. Lance is a great pick for San Fran.

Surprised by the Broncos skipping on Fields, Chicago have done well there.  

Bengals made the right choice imo. Sewell is a beast but OL can still be found in later rounds.

Rodgers must be browsing on rightmove about now

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Ja'Marr Chase looks sick the Bengals picked him ?

4 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Really happy to get Sewell at 7.

4 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Steal 

55 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Got sucked into Jones to the 49ers like everyone else. Lance is a great pick for San Fran.

Surprised by the Broncos skipping on Fields, Chicago have done well there.  

Bengals made the right choice imo. Sewell is a beast but OL can still be found in later rounds.

Rodgers must be browsing on rightmove about now

Bengals had a huge choice. Protect Burrow with THE standout Tackle, or give him the WR he asked for from college. 
Getting Chase gives us a very good receiving corps. 
Skipping on Sewell was always gonna hand an absolute steal to someone, so Detroit are probably made-up over that. 
But there are 7 very good OL prospects still left and we pick number 6 tonight. So I think we did the right thing getting Chase and we’ll still get a very good lineman too. 

The Rodgers news was crazy. And then they pick a corner to rile him even more. Interesting to see how this plays out. 

As for the rest of Round 1. The 49ers pick was the intriguing one - would it be Jones, Lance or Fields. They landed on Lance. Time will tell it that was worthy of all the capital they gave up. 
Bears were the most likely to trade up for a QB, and picked up Fields. Patriots stood firm at 15 and got their QB too. 
Lions got the best value with Sewell at 7. Without the QB field this year he could’ve been 1 or 2 in another draft. 
In my division, I’m happy with Chase to the Bengals (he knew he was coming too - check his footwear for the night). 
I’m also happy with what our divisional rivals have done - they usually improve their scary defences, but the Steelers took an okayish running back, Browns took a pretty low ranked Corner at 26 (bit of a reach) and the Ravens took a Receiver that Lamar won’t throw to and an Edge rusher with no sacks in college ?

Round 2 should be good tonight. Probably around 12-15 first round graded prospects available so there’ll be some good bargains. 

8 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougars

What’s your thoughts on Wilson? Clearly everyone had him as the 2nd ranked QB, but he looks doesn’t strike me as a leader. Don’t know what it is about him but he looks a bit ‘prep-schooly’ and like he’d shrink under the fierce pressure that’ll be on him. 
Don’t really know too much about him as yet, but he just appeared to be the least ‘alpha male’ of the 5 QB’s taken. 
I may be very very wrong, just struck me that way. 

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2021 at 22:07, Harry said:

What’s your thoughts on Wilson? Clearly everyone had him as the 2nd ranked QB, but he looks doesn’t strike me as a leader. Don’t know what it is about him but he looks a bit ‘prep-schooly’ and like he’d shrink under the fierce pressure that’ll be on him. 
Don’t really know too much about him as yet, but he just appeared to be the least ‘alpha male’ of the 5 QB’s taken. 

Well as a Houston fan of many a year from my time living there in the 80's; we are one screwed up franchise.

Yet again without a 1st round pick; and with a star quarterback who wants out.

With JJ Watt gone as well, it looks like an asset stripping exercise in order to get some picks together; and start the rebuild. That all sounds a bit too familiar at the moment.?.

Saints fan, still trying to work out what we done at the bottom of round 1

I found it all a little dull this year, we were too far down to get a real game changer, unless we mortgaged the entire farm off (glad we didn't). Rodgers took all the headlines, he's a strange bloke. I know he gives GB the best chance, but they must be getting really pissed off with him and his moods. Still talk of Denver doing something to try and get him there, could be an interesting watch over the summer. I think he's just as likely to 'retire' as he is to stay or get a trade he'll agree to

As for the picks, can't blame Bengals for Chase, Sewell made more sense though. Great pick for the Lions. Loved what the Browns done, Chargers seem to have had another good weekend. Hate Pitts going to Atlanta, he was my draft crush, I know have to hate him for the next 10 / 12 years

Only 4 months to go......

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 22:07, Harry said:

Honestly don't follow college football closely enough to have any real opinion. Totally get what you mean though, he is very baby faced and doesn't immediately appear like the type of person to lead a team in to battle... But appearances can be deceptive, and I'd say he's probably the type of person that just completely switches mentality on game day. 

Its a shame that we so badly messed Darnold around and gave him a complete lack of tools to do his job with (and I truly hope he becomes a superstar) but I'm quietly confident about this (current) rebuild.

• Like 1

On 07/09/2021 at 09:03, Welcome To The Jungle said:

So it's game week. Predictions in?

Division Winners:

Packers, Ravens, Football Team, Bills, Buccs, Titans, 49ers, Chiefs

Conference Winners: 

49ers, Bills

SB Winners:

Bills 

Packers, Cowboys, Rams, Bucs

Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Colts

Conf

Chiefs

Packers

SB

Chiefs

A winning season for the Bears would be nice though ?

10 hours ago, The turtle said:

I'm all about the Jets train this year. 

Build this year 

Superbowl next

@elhombrecito  I  called it long ago 

Stay away. I've suffered for over 20 years now watching the Jets, and you don't get to come along and join the Wilson bandwagon.

I mean, how many teams have you supported previously? Rams, Colts, Giants, any more I've forgotten? ?

So, in summary, my thoughts are as follows:

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Stay away. I've suffered for over 20 years now watching the Jets, and you don't get to come along and join the Wilson bandwagon.

I mean, how many teams have you supported previously? Rams, Colts, Giants, any more I've forgotten? ?

Warner went to the arizona too don't forget.  Don't forget the packers too in playoff time. 

I've been more attracted to certain players Nfl wise I guess. 

This year 

Jets = afc 

Bears = nfc

Plus the giants of new York of course

Maybe ill stick with those for the next 15 years. ?

Hey, least I don't follow Brady. 

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

It's beauty of the draft for me. It doesn't matter who wins the lottery. 

I WIN

Ps if foles starts before fields this year after Dolton, FIRE EVERYONE CONNECTED with Chicago

• Haha 1

Bucs fan - started following 4 years ago when we were rubbish so at least I’m not a glory hunter! Managed to avoid the score all day yesterday so was pretty satisfying to see us win it with the last kick of the game last night! Definitely need to improve though - can’t be giving the ball away so easily and getting yellow flagged so often. 

should be a great season though - been looking forward to this ever since the super bowl ended!