IGNORED

NFL 21/22 Season

Dynamite Red

I thought the Niners-Rams game fluctuated badly at times. There were some great plays, well-crafted and executed on both sides. There were smothering defensive efforts and special teams generally got the job done. But interspersed with them were a number of terrible calls, bad reads and bizarre coaching. It made for a really unsettled game (or really finely balanced if you prefer) that didn't inspire a huge amount of confidence. Either team could have made the decisive play to win it but neither did until that last Jimmy G flipper and the tipped interception. It was a close one all right.

Yes, it was another absorbing watch but also a crazy one. Having seen both Conference Championships I can't see the Rams doing the same and winning again.

I'm a Bengals fan ever since seeing them on numerous occasions when in the US.  Absolutely thrilled to see them in the Superbowl at long last.  Have a friend who lives in Cincinnati and is a big fan along with his wife.  They have half a dozen kids and have been down on their luck for a while.  So much so I thought I would shout them 2 Superbowl tickets.  Went online with debit card at the ready.  The cheapest seat was circa $4500 !!!  Enjoy the 6 pack of beer I've sent you Alex !!  Home is much more comfortable.

• Haha 3

An even enough half, with the Rams taking a quick lead but unable to keep the Bengals from replying with an option halfback pass. OBJ does a knee - always a worry when a player goes down without any other contact. Still the Rams have plenty of talent to take them forwards.  All to play for in the second halk now.

Well that didn't go quite as expected perhaps. Maybe the non-call of a facemask against a defenceless defensive back was matched by some flags late in the fourth quarter. Either way, the second half was dominated by the D of both sides. The Rams managed to crack the Bengals' porous O-line in the end and got the last score, despite running out of elligible receivers. Kupp remained the last man standing in the end zone and down comes the blue and yellow confetti.

For Stafford, it may be the summit of a long and painful mountain; for Burrows, he'll be back one day.

Oh well, I guess Sundays will be empty now until September again. When's Draft Day...?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Well that didn't go quite as expected perhaps. Maybe the non-call of a facemask against a defenceless defensive back was matched by some flags late in the fourth quarter. Either way, the second half was dominated by the D of both sides. The Rams managed to crack the Bengals' porous O-line in the end and got the last score, despite running out of elligible receivers. Kupp remained the last man standing in the end zone and down comes the blue and yellow confetti.

For Stafford, it may be the summit of a long and painful mountain; for Burrows, he'll be back one day.

Oh well, I guess Sundays will be empty now until September again. When's Draft Day...?

Stupid game anyway 

8 hours ago, Erithacus said:

I was a bit underwhelmed the Americans have got to stop devaluing the game, it felt like it lasted twice as long as a normal game but they never will as its all about the money/show. Both teams never really got into gear offensively and there weren't too many explosive plays in the second half. Definitely thought the officials tried to correct the wrong of the face mask but the Rams always looked like getting the score anyway.

Fair play to Stafford he's handled the pressure and done the business despite two more picks and a lot of doubters he never would have got their with Detroit (who now get some very low draft picks in exchange!!).

Halt time show was a bit of a 90's revival but both M&M and Mary J sounded like they were mostly miming or singing to backing vocals which was pretty poor, 50 cent semeed to be more the size of 500 cent. Still a lot better than the last few they've done but I'd still sooner rather have a 15 minute half time and get on with the game :laugh:.

3 hours sleep so onwards and upwards at work!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bartolona said:

He's back! 

7 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Attention seeking diva ?

I wonder if watching a 37 year old CR7 scoring a hat trick and still running around like an 18 year old, had any effect on his decision.

https://www.marca.com/en/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/2022/03/14/622eb56022601d314d8b45c5.html