IGNORED

Lansbury Red Overturned

cidered abroad

20 minutes ago, Laner said:

The players are responding to a situation that's already happened, as oppose to creating the incident themselves e.g. a dive.

You say you've played a lot of football. Have you never raised your arm to 'claim' a throw-in or corner/goal kick?Isn't that trying to con the ref too?

Ah ok, I see what you mean by being different, but they are both trying to con the ref.

Not knowingly no. There's probably been occasions where I didn't think I'd touched it last and appealed, but I was happy to be honest and admit if it was genuinely their ball. I only played Sunday league so not a particularly high level or of importance, but I feel the ethics of the game should be the same throughout.

Overturned. As expected.

Happy Bentley saved from Bannan, justice was done.

Another to add to the list...?

In terms of the pen, I missed it in real time but saw it at HT, watched it again Monday on highlights- I can see why you might think as a ref he gets fingertips to the ball or similar- but if you aren't sure you don't give it simple!! i watched it several times, then the replays on the highlights and couldn't say it's a pen- in real time, don't know then don't give!

14 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I still rankles with me that Warnock and Jordan laid into our players after the 'ghost goal' when a lot of those players will have seen the ball come back from the goal at speed and not have an angle to be sure it went in or not. I don't players surrounding the ref and demanding decisions and I agree it should be stamped out but the ref made the mistake by giving the penalty sending off Lansbury when he wasn't sure. The Wednesday players did not cheat and it isn't a fair accusation. 

Worse than that, I recall a piece from Henry Winter slating us a bit over it!

From the archives.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/crystal-palace/6045161/Neil-Warnock-should-turn-his-fire-on-Bristol-City-players-over-disallowed-goal.html

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Overturned. As expected.

Happy Bentley saved from Bannan, justice was done.

Another to add to the list...?

In terms of the pen, I missed it in real time but saw it at HT, watched it again Monday on highlights- I can see why you might think as a ref he gets fingertips to the ball or similar- but if you aren't sure you don't give it simple!! i watched it several times, then the replays on the highlights and couldn't say it's a pen- in real time, don't know then don't give!

Agree, my first thought was that the bounce was off the bar....what I was unsure of was whether HL had got a touch on it.  I doubted that he had because I don’t think the ball would’ve bounced off the bar in the way it did.

But ref and assistant shouldn’t guess.

Still interested in why ref gave a corner?

Archived