IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

With contracts to play for?  Or have they all been told their fate?  Chris Rea’s “on the beach” is the obvious concern,

My team for tonight:

Bentley

Vyner / Mariappa / Kalas / Sessegnon 

S.Pearson / Lansbury / Bakinson / Massengo / Palmer

Wells

Subs:

O’Leary, Hunt, Towler, Rowe, Nagy, A.Scott, Semenyo, Janneh, Conway

So, Vyner moves to RB, Mariappa in at CB.  Sessegnon for Rowe.  Palmer for Semenyo, Wells for Diedhiou.

• Robin 1

With Wycombe fighting for their lives and our players proving over the course of the season they have no fight (even when we did have something to play for), this has all the hallmarks of another defeat. For what to expect tonight, see defeats at Rotherham, Luton, Millwall, Derby etc. 

• Like 2

I’d guess this will be the last game that includes anyone who is likely to move on this summer.

Pearson has tried to blend youngsters with those few senior players he has available.

I don’t expect too many changes tonight, if Simpson is fit I expect him back, if not presumably Sessegnon, on the basis Hunt was so poor.

Young Pearson will probably drop out & Palmer & Wells might well return in place of him & Diedhiou.

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With contracts to play for?  Or have they all been told their fate?  Chris Rea’s “on the beach” is the obvious concern,

My team for tonight:

Bentley

Wells

Subs:

So, Vyner moves to RB, Mariappa in at CB.  Sessegnon for Rowe.  Palmer for Semenyo, Wells for Diedhiou.

Quite depressing looking at that line up. Won't bother watching!

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I think we should take legal action against Wycombe if we don’t win. 

Too right! It would damage our brand if they beat us and the financial consequences would be immeasurable (fortunately). 

58 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Think it's the first game this season I won't be watching, less so because I'm apathetic and more so because I have Covid and I'm passed out by 5pm to be honest!

Get well soon mate

• Thanks 1

For me I would try

Bentley

Simpson, Vyner, Kalas, Sessengnon

Massengo, Lansbury, Bakinson, Palmer

Janneh, Wells

I think Janneh is an exciting prospect. Quick, abrasive & looks to offer something a little different.

I think we have had real problems in both of the fullback positions for some time and this has undermined a lot of any positivity in defending & attacking. I believe Wycombe will look to try to exploit us out wide.  

I wouldn't change Vyner or Kalas. They have the makings of a good partnership.

I include Lansbury as he does a lot of work off the ball.

I'd give Semenyo a rest and perhaps look to bring on Diedhiou in the second half

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My team for tonight:

Bentley

Wells

Subs:

Bentley

sess/Kalas/Vyner/Rowe 

Lansbury/HNM/Bakinson

Semenyo/Wells/Palmer

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tin said:

With Wycombe fighting for their lives and our players proving over the course of the season they have no fight (even when we did have something to play for), this has all the hallmarks of another defeat. For what to expect tonight, see defeats at Rotherham, Luton, Millwall, Derby etc. 

Surely Wycombe are already gone. I know they've had a couple of results recently, but they basically need 4 wins on the trot. Take your point about our lot though...

18 minutes ago, Swede said:

For me I would try

Bentley

Simpson, Vyner, Kalas, Sessengnon

Massengo, Lansbury, Bakinson, Palmer

Janneh, Wells

I think Janneh is an exciting prospect. Quick, abrasive & looks to offer something a little different.

I think we have had real problems in both of the fullback positions for some time and this has undermined a lot of any positivity in defending & attacking. I believe Wycombe will look to try to exploit us out wide.  

I wouldn't change Vyner or Kalas. They have the makings of a good partnership.

I include Lansbury as he does a lot of work off the ball.

I'd give Semenyo a rest and perhaps look to bring on Diedhiou in the second half

I was nodding all the way through - until the last sentence..

We need 11 on the pitch wherever possible.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Surely Wycombe are already gone. I know they've had a couple of results recently, but they basically need 4 wins on the trot. Take your point about our lot though...

I agree they're all but gone, but I can only go what I've seen of us playing other sides down there. There's a consistent pattern of us being outfought and outplayed by these types of teams. Not that they'll listen or care, but it's up to the players to go out there and prove me wrong. I'll be delighted if they do.