IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

Just now, Red Alert said:

I honestly couldn’t say as we don’t get to see them.

But I would drop at least one of Fam & Wells - probably for Semenyo

I’m not a massive fan at all of Wells or Fam myself, but when people say “why does Pearson still pick them” i think it’s not because he thinks they are good or rates either, but because we literally have nothing else!

Semenyo has the potential to be very good, but his finishing at this moment in time is nothing short of diabolical....i mean his only 2 championship goals have come from deflections off the keeper kicking them at him, & thats not even an exaggeration!

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Fam I can cut some slack. He's been a good servant, top scorer 3 seasons, 50 goals. We all know he's got a move lined up and he's just playing out his time here.

Wells on the other hand has looked resentful and disinterested from the moment he arrived, and has done nothing for the money he's been paid.

Agreed. 

Issue with Fam is how he can switch on and off so easily.

Off the boil before Jan, then suddenly looks world class, then completely on another planet from Feb.

I've always stuck up for him and rated him, mainly for his work rate and the fact that he's been top scorer for 3 seasons. Post Jan though is undefendible.

Wells is just right player at the wrong time. God knows how that transfer has gone so wrong.

Great save Bentley BTW.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

For those who criticised Barton for calling out the sag players, maybe that’s what’s needed here, this has been a poor display for professionals.  Sometimes the truth needs to be told.

You’re dead right and I’ve been saying this for months. Most of them are a continuing disgrace to the shirt. They are consistently outfought, outplayed, outmuscled, outwitted, and they lack pride or any sort of self-motivation.

If there are other clubs scouting our players, I hope they recognise the attitude some of them show and it harms their careers long-term. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1