IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

2 minutes ago, Redpool said:

What do you do then Tone?

You get a new man in, who then wants to assess the squad himself. 

Way I see it. Fail to give Pearson the job. Book us a slot for relegation next season. We are craving stability and a major rebuild. We have built an average league one squad over the past 3 years. 

Bang on...& i highly doubt he will have a response to this.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, freezer said:

Bottom of the table fodder eh! 

Should be an easy 3 points..

For Wycombe ?

Ahem. Maybe should've had a bet. 

Glad I've stopped watching games. Radio coverage is painful enough. 

So glad I've freed myself from following this shower on most occasions. 

How poo are we? Shocking. 

1 minute ago, Redpool said:

Way I see it. Fail to give Pearson the job. Book us a slot for relegation next season. We are craving stability and a major rebuild. We have built an average league one squad over the past 3 years. 

On current results if we give NP the job then relegation is a banker next season. Get a new man in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is unfortunately where we are at low championship club at best. The club is in a right mess lovely ground,lovely training facilities, (****) team. We are still not safe is Pearson the answer jury is out but God these players are gutless and unprofessional not all I might add but there is so much deadwood who would want them.

2 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

That was so bad it was genuinely amusing. Their keeper looked more likely to score in the last minute than Fam or Wells all night!

I’m not even annoyed any more, the standard is so poor the enjoyment factor of watching city has totally vanished. 

Exactly. It’s becoming a pain following the club. We get the odd result here and there but performances are consistently dreadful. That’s me done for the season tbh.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RedM said:

Surely Pearson won’t want to be associated with us. What a shambles. Gutless and spineless the lot of them with very few exceptions. Schoolboy error by Palmer, beaten by a team who wanted it more.

Pearson is associated with us whether he likes it or not. Perhaps he'll want to stay to prove that he can get it right. Otherwise, he leaves here having failed here, failed at Derby and been sacked by Watford in between. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I've previously defended NP as he inherited such shite. 

But that says enough for me. 

Don’t disagree.

As I said at the weekend it’s sad if he isn’t the answer.

But this is a mess of Ashton and Lansdown’s making. Never forget that. It’s been failing for years.

Theyve created this shite on the pitch and now Steve had to solve it.

Edited by 054123
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I’ve been livid and angry and just plain sad at times this season.

Im just lost for words right now.

Feel your pain, I’ve never disliked a set of players more right now. Unacceptable, but these pricks don’t give a shit, they’re on a good screw and they’ve got parking places with their names on at the high performance centre. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Redpool said:

Way I see it. Fail to give Pearson the job. Book us a slot for relegation next season. We are craving stability and a major rebuild. We have built an average very poor league one squad over the past 3 years. 

Appalingly bad. We cannot keep the bloody ball. Our kick off and second touch we put the ball out for a Wycombe throw. And then just a succession of mistakes, poor passing, no real effort. We just did not want the game whereas Wycombe might be going down but they tried very hard all the game. 

Will it be any better even if Pearson stays? I wonder.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

If we were playing the youngsters or seniors that will be here next season that would be fair enough, but we are not. Fammy, Lansbury, Rowe all dead wood.

Lansbury’s played most games under Pearson, probably no reason to think he won’t be here next season. LB is pretty much Rowe, Towler or sessegnon with Hunt RB so senior player picked isn’t a shock. Famara ?‍♂️I said back when the window was closed I was afraid he’d become undroppable due to the ‘well get the value from him on the pitch’ line, seems it came true