IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Pearson is associated with us whether he likes it or not. Perhaps he'll want to stay to prove that he can get it right. Otherwise, he leaves here having failed here, failed at Derby and been sacked by Watford in between. 

Again, make sure you direct this mainly at Ashton and Lansdown.

Its their mess, which yes, Pearson couldn’t save.

• Like 1
Just now, RedM said:

Surely Pearson won’t want to be associated with us. What a shambles. Gutless and spineless the lot of them with very few exceptions. Schoolboy error by Palmer, beaten by a team who wanted it more.

Some might say that its us that doesn't want to be associated with Pearson and with performances under him being so shite, I would have to agree.

He inherited a weak and soft squad, but there's been no improvement.

He was my choice after LJ was sacked and there are extenuating circumstances, but it really isn't what was expected. I don't think SL will be minded to offer a contract to him and may even cut it short - why not ? who could do worse ? Simpson and downing ? I think not.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I’m sorry, but this whole project has been failing since January 2018.

How is Steve Lansdown not complicit?

So where would we be without his money? Don't see a queue waiting to give away 10 million every year to cover losses.

Or perhaps we could get a nice fake sheik instead and have a lovely ground and stunning squad like the gas

• Like 2
Just now, blockbrowt1 said:

Jury still out on NP for me. Can't keep blaming players. Wouldn't mind Robins tbh. 

Understand being undecided on NP. But to follow it up with wanting robins when we need a real leader is a terrible shout imo . Forget results , look at how we’re losing . We are ******* leaderless from Lansdown to the players . We massively need a Pearson type manager. I said today I though we’d lose 2-1 and get bullied but not just last 30 minutes . I ******* hate these players 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Pearson is associated with us whether he likes it or not. Perhaps he'll want to stay to prove that he can get it right. Otherwise, he leaves here having failed here, failed at Derby and been sacked by Watford in between. 

Failed in Belgium too 

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Don’t disagree.

As I said at the weekend it’s sad if he isn’t the answer.

But this is a mess of Ashton and Lansdown’s making. Never forget that. It’s been failing for years.

Theyve created this shite on the pitch and now Steve had to solve it.

Agree. 

Even a few months ago SL was lauding the quality in the squad. 

I was confused which squad he was talking about. 

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

So where would we be without his money? Don't see a queue waiting to give away 10 million every year to cover losses.

Or perhaps we could get a nice fake sheik instead and have a lovely ground and stunning squad like the gas

What on earth are you talking about?

Of course he and Ashton have overseen this. They’re in ******* charge.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is Steve Lansdown’s mess.

You are absolutely spot on. He has allowed the quality in our squad to be cleared out each season and allowed Johnson/Holden to replace it these wasters. I hope he is big enough to admit this and appoint Pearson  with the financial support and a remit to do what is needed to sort us out. Or surely relegation  will follow next season. Get off the pot Lansdown and get Pearson appointed.

Now agreeing with other posters. Is NP the man? Mmm. Cannot think of any other possible candidates but he's not covering himself in glory. He can't get them to play for him now it appears. I appreciate there is dead wood in the squad but I'll not be renewing until I see the path forward. Think I'll see what the European Super league is like. Oh, wait a minute...

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

NP ain't getting this job. 

I’d stick with him as he’s had time to assess the players and realise where the dead wood is. He know what needs to be done in the summer 

12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Could you be a little bit more specific?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, blockbrowt1 said:

Jury still out on NP for me. Can't keep blaming players. Wouldn't mind Robins tbh. 

Yep I tend to agree with you- yeah he has inherited a squad of misfits who were completely shot of confidence but you would of at least hoped to see some fight, and an insight into the type of football that Pearson wants to play by now.

Nothing has changed and that’s concerning.

Robins is not a bad shout at all.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm not directing it at anyone. I'm just pointing out how it looks externally if Pearson leaves at the end of the season with his record as it stands. 

Yep, a blot on his copy book.

To play devils advocate, if you were another club and you appointed Pearson in the summer, how much of a lass would you give him because ‘Bristol City are ******* state’?

• Like 1

I don't think there was a lot wrong with the formation, selection or game plan tonight. The execution however was lacking a fair bit in the first 50-60 mins then practically non-existant for the last 30.

Should never of lost that game. Pathetic from Palmer, really was.

• Like 3