IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Some might say that its us that doesn't want to be associated with Pearson and with performances under him being so shite, I would have to agree.

He inherited a weak and soft squad, but there's been no improvement.

He was my choice after LJ was sacked and there are extenuating circumstances, but it really isn't what was expected. I don't think SL will be minded to offer a contract to him and may even cut it short - why not ? who could do worse ? Simpson and downing ? I think not.

Jesus ******* christ

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

You are absolutely spot on. He has allowed the quality in our squad to be cleared out each season and allowed Johnson/Holden to replace it these wasters. I hope he is big enough to admit this and appoint Pearson  with the financial support and a remit to do what is needed to sort us out. Or surely relegation  will follow next season. Get off the pot Lansdown and get Pearson appointed.

You just know how this will pan out. Lansdown will get windy on Pearson now and will take two months to make his mind up on the next Manager. We will be a relegation banker next season.

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yep I tend to agree with you- yeah he has inherited a squad of misfits who were completely shot of confidence but you would of at least hoped to see some fight, and an insight into the type of football that Pearson wants to play by now.

Nothing has changed and that’s concerning.

Robins is not a bad shout at all.

Reality is, even if we need a clearout, the players showed against Birmingham, Middlesboro, Swansea and even Bournemouth that they can play a lot better than they are currently playing. The fact we need to have a clear out and get better players in doesn't change the fact we're not getting the best out of the players we have, however limited that "best" might actually be.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

Not Nigel's team granted, but he’s been here long enough now to have had some positive affect on results.

Sadly that’s not the case and there has been absolutely no improvement from the Holden days. 

This has been 3 seasons in the making.....no manager was going to change this w4nkstain of a team in just over 3 months, people need to get real, this slide has been happening for many years under Ashton & Lansdowns watch.....& they allowed this rot to fester and form.

• Like 4
Just now, Mr Hankey said:

I see, but if we are to not give Pearson a deal & at least let him try and build his own squad with a transfer window, who would you like to see appointed? We are working with an extremely short time frame with many player out or contract

I honestly do not know who is available but at this point in time NP just has not produced the goods.  I was excited when we took him on but am now thinking he is no more motivated than any of our under achieving players. He is seeing us as a well paid 6 month fill in job I think.

14 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe SL will surprise us all and be brave enough not to give it to NP.... and will be proven right for once. 

Or maybe he will be brave enough to fly in the face of opinion and see beyond the results of an absolute shambles of players that Pearson has been lumbered with.

I still hope so.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 4
9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Pearson is associated with us whether he likes it or not. Perhaps he'll want to stay to prove that he can get it right. Otherwise, he leaves here having failed here, failed at Derby and been sacked by Watford in between. 

In fairness, most managers fail at Derby and Watford has a revolving door

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

Not Nigel's team granted, but he’s been here long enough now to have had some positive affect on results.

Sadly that’s not the case and there has been absolutely no improvement from the Holden days. 

Agree....and even if not results, at the very least some sort of pattern, style, we still look like 11 players who've never met each other and don't know what they are supposed to be doing. 

I'm sure SL made a comment in the interview he did for one of the podcasts recently - something along the lines of having several irons in the fire a year ago, that he couldn't get over the line then, but thought maybe might come to something later. Almost implied that Holden was a stop gap to get us through this season. If that was the case then I do wonder wether some of those irons are in a slightly warmer fire right now.

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Yep, a blot on his copy book.

To play devils advocate, if you were another club and you appointed Pearson in the summer, how much of a lass would you give him because ‘Bristol City are ******* state’?

I honestly don't know how we are perceived at other clubs. And those clubs might ignore our injury crisis, look at our results at the begining of the season and feel a new manager ought to be doing better.

And given that this blot on Pearson's copy book means it is now four jobs since he was last an unqualified success, I'd say Pearson needs to make this work as much as we'd need him to make it work. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

So where would we be without his money? Don't see a queue waiting to give away 10 million every year to cover losses.

Or perhaps we could get a nice fake sheik instead and have a lovely ground and stunning squad like the gas

I’m thankful for having a owner like Steve.  However I’ve been disappointed too. He’s got the club in a good position as being well run. We’ve just haven’t done it on the pitch consistently we’ve been in a decline since the play off final.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Super said:

Why are people blaming Pearson? These wasters have thrown every manager under the bus. 

Yep and why I can't watch any of these wasters any longer. Won't be watching our 3 remaining games and I will wait to see if I return next season depending on who is let go. I am disgusted with too many players in this squad. 

How many times this season and last has it been a low point? Too many for me. Enough

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

I do wonder if NP is the right man for the job to be honest. We look worse under him than Holden. 

I feel football may have moved on from the days NP had success. 

He had relative success at Watford, and they would not be in the championship if they had kept him.

I know it’s not been good but I don’t think it’s down to Pearson. The sad truth is that our players are not committed enough. Professionals should have more pride.

I think we need to keep Pearson and let him build a team.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

In fairness, most managers fail at Derby and Watford has a revolving door

Sure - and I'm not actually criticising Pearson. I'm just pointing out that, given his last few jobs haven't worked brilliantly, he could really do with succeeding somewhere and would likely rather stay and try to make it work than leave and this season be the only season on his record here. 

Edited by LondonBristolian