IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

I’m unhappy with the points return from NP, but I’d let him clear out and bring in new blood. He has had enough success for me to give him a chance next season. Let’s face it, our current crop of gutless little brats have crapped on 3 managers, I’m willing to let Nige to his thing and build something with his coaching staff.

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

If it wasn’t for those fluke win results, we would be down.

Yes, but I think that If we have had half the injuries we had, we wouldn't have risked relegation. I'm very disappointed by the 2nd part of our season, but we must not forget that our situation has been far more troublesome compared to other teams one, and our weaknesses have been more exposed mainly for this reason.

Edited by Dan Robin
15 minutes ago, BigTone said:

On current results if we give NP the job then relegation is a banker next season. Get a new man in.

To be honest Tone. I think the rot is set so bad we will be relegated next season regardless of Pearson in or out. We’ve been on a decline last 3 years and have failed to address the issue. Which has been the structure the club runs under the control of Ashton off the field and Johnson on the field. This all leads back to Lansdown. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I honestly do not know who is available but at this point in time NP just has not produced the goods.  I was excited when we took him on but am now thinking he is no more motivated than any of our under achieving players. He is seeing us as a well paid 6 month fill in job I think.

And who would blame him,he’s not a Barton who would take a contract knowing full well the players are not good enough but take the money.If Pearson stays he will be promised a hell of a lot of money to completely change the squad if not he won’t and we will get some another boss who has to work with these players and that means one thing I’m afraid 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I honestly do not know who is available but at this point in time NP just has not produced the goods.  I was excited when we took him on but am now thinking he is no more motivated than any of our under achieving players. He is seeing us as a well paid 6 month fill in job I think.

I am beginning to feel the same. I understand about injuries and OOC players but can he not at least get 11 people on the pitch who can perform the basics and are at least willing to put effort in. Beginning to think his man management is not such a feature we all thought.

I’m sorry, but why are people worried about relegation this season? I’ve seen people saying we’re not safe.

Wycombe can’t catch us.
Wednesday can’t catch us.
Even supposing Rotherham win their two games in hand, they’re 6 points behind - would need to win all three, probably.
Even if Rotherham do win all 5 remaining games - Derby are 8 points behind with 9 to play for.

We’d have to see Rotherham and Derby winning all of their remaining games, as well as Huddersfield picking up 4 points and Blackburn & Forest doing better than us.

Even if we lose all three remaining games, we’re safe.

NP knows what needs to be done. These players are dreadful, a sign of poor recruitment. But we’d still have won tonight had Semenyo’s shot gone in.

Give him a summer of his own recruitment. 

Only thing that would have changed for me, if I wasSL, is that I’d be looking to offer a two year contract rather than a 3 year.

5 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

He had relative success at Watford, and they would not be in the championship if they had kept him.

I know it’s not been good but I don’t think it’s down to Pearson. The sad truth is that our players are not committed enough. Professionals should have more pride.

I think we need to keep Pearson and let him build a team.

My wife supports Watford and that's not true. He had an excellent honeymoon period and then they were awful after lockdown, hence why they got rid.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

If we had Walsh, Williams, Weimann and COD in the team I feel we would be producing much better displays but then again we have an injury crisis so can't do much.

Rubbish sorry, Weimann and COD run around a bit and thats it, the others are sicknotes and I doubt will ever play regularly for us if at all. No point hoping for injured players to improve us we had well good enough players out there and on the bench to win tonight....they couldnt be arsed.

1 minute ago, Reigate Red said:

I am beginning to feel the same. I understand about injuries and OOC players but can he not at least get 11 people on the pitch who can perform the basics and are at least willing to put effort in. Beginning to think his man management is not such a feature we all thought.

Agree.  We seem to have digressed rather than progressed under his leadership.

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’m sorry, but why are people worried about relegation this season? I’ve seen people saying we’re not safe.

Wycombe can’t catch us.
Wednesday can’t catch us.
Even supposing Rotherham win their two games in hand, they’re 6 points behind - would need to win all three, probably.
Even if Rotherham do win all 5 remaining games - Derby are 8 points behind with 9 to play for.

We’d have to see Rotherham and Derby winning all of their remaining games, as well as Huddersfield picking up 4 points and Blackburn & Forest doing better than us.

Even if we lose all three remaining games, we’re safe.

NP knows what needs to be done. These players are dreadful, a sign of poor recruitment. But we’d still have won tonight had Semenyo’s shot gone in.

Give him a summer of his own recruitment. 

Only thing that would have changed for me, if I wasSL, is that I’d be looking to offer a two year contract rather than a 3 year.

I thought we had debunked the relegation 'fear' last week, just never going to happen!!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

That is seriously harsh on Bentley

Perhaps so, i didnt have the luxury of replays, but 2 punches went straight to their players, so did he need to punch both? Perhaps.....but could he of caught it & took the sting out of the attack? No idea, only watched it once, which is why i said “did he need to”

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

It's not his squad. He can't change a thing other than juggle with U23's and cope with a a crippling injury hit squad. People need to put a lid on it and get a reality check.

We badly need the season to end so we can start getting rid and rebuilding.

Agreed. It does have the look of trying to get 11 people retiring at the end of the week onto a training course.  

That was  a disgrace. Diedhiou, Wells should not have started. Both of you don't turn up for training again. You can't trap a ball, pass to one of your own players. You cant even be bothered.

Hunt, Palmer start looking for new clubs now.

Good effort from Semenyo, Massengo, Bakinson, Kalas and Bentley.

The rest of you if your contracts are up you are off at the end of the season.

I still think Nigel is the man for the job. If SL does not give him a chance then all the good work SL  has done will count for nothing.

SL and MA this is all your doing you should me ashamed of yourselves. Get rid of most of your best players just to show a profit and you end up with this mess. MA has had to much power over players and backroom staff.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Swede said:

It's not his squad. He can't change a thing other than juggle with U23's and cope with a a crippling injury hit squad. People need to put a lid on it and get a reality check.

We badly need the season to end so we can start getting rid and rebuilding.

SL needs to get his ass over here, and sort it out fast. If NP has the job get it done now, so we can start letting the dead wood have a head start on there summer break.  

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Rubbish sorry, Weimann and COD run around a bit and thats it, the others are sicknotes and I doubt will ever play regularly for us if at all. No point hoping for injured players to improve us we had well good enough players out there and on the bench to win tonight....they couldnt be arsed.

Agree completely cod has been absolute shite since we were mugged by Oxford into paying actual money for him .... Williams is this Messiah who's played 10 minutes of football and even if he was fit who knows if he's even any good and Weimann is a lower end championship forward. These are not players we should be looking at one jot ... clowns the lot of them.

7 minutes ago, Redpool said:

To be honest Tone. I think the rot is set so bad we will be relegated next season regardless of Pearson in or out. We’ve been on a decline last 3 years and have failed to address the issue. Which has been the structure the club runs under the control of Ashton off the field and Johnson on the field. This all leads back to Lansdown. 

Ta daa!!!!!!

Just now, Roadrunner said:

That was  a disgrace. Diedhiou, Wells should not have started. Both of you don't turn up for training again. You can't trap a ball, pass to one of your own players. You cant even be bothered.

Hunt, Palmer start looking for new clubs now.

Good effort from Semenyo, Massengo, Bakinson, Kalas and Bentley.

The rest of you if your contracts are up you are off at the end of the season.

I still think Nigel is the man for the job. If SL does not give him a chance then all the good work SL  has done will count for nothing.

SL and MA this is all your doing you should me ashamed of yourselves. Get rid of most of your best players just to show a profit and you end up with this mess. MA has had to much power over players and backroom staff.

Nagy shouldn't have started either, especially not where he played