IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

1 minute ago, Bodiesaffer said:

SL needs to get his ass over here, and sort it out fast. If NP has the job get it done now, so we can start letting the dead wood have a head start on there summer break.  

I thought SL had his ass over here.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Ta daa!!!!!!

Ta Mum !!!

32 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Palmer doesn’t deserve to play if he thinks that sort of thing is okay. Moronic handball 

That's  TWO utterly stupid handballs from Palmer this season......WTF is going on in his brain?   His contribution this season has been a goal from a corner and playing basketball in the penalty box.......Twice.  Ha!!  ?

8 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

That was  a disgrace. Diedhiou, Wells should not have started. Both of you don't turn up for training again. You can't trap a ball, pass to one of your own players. You cant even be bothered.

Hunt, Palmer start looking for new clubs now.

Good effort from Semenyo, Massengo, Bakinson, Kalas and Bentley.

The rest of you if your contracts are up you are off at the end of the season.

I still think Nigel is the man for the job. If SL does not give him a chance then all the good work SL  has done will count for nothing.

SL and MA this is all your doing you should me ashamed of yourselves. Get rid of most of your best players just to show a profit and you end up with this mess. MA has had to much power over players and backroom staff.

FFP means that we like all clubs at this level can only spend/lose so much...FACT.

For balance, 14 or 15 players out injured atm- and on a wider note, the masses of injuries this season have been far from helpful.

Palmer- new club. Who will take him? Contract until 2023.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
7 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Perhaps so, i didnt have the luxury of replays, but 2 punches went straight to their players, so did he need to punch both? Perhaps.....but could he of caught it & took the sting out of the attack? No idea, only watched it once, which is why i said “did he need to”

Well you did say **** from both (DB and KP).

Regardless given how well we defend set pieces and their aim to keep bombing our box, I’d much rather he punched (if done well obviously)then tried a more difficult catch under pressure.

Fell asleep at half time. Woke up to this. Not surprised in the slightest. This squad of players are pathetic. I even struggle to remember a prolonged period off possession, let alone pressure. Wasters the lot of them. Really am past caring.

Can't wait to get back down the gate.....to watch the Rugby. ( SL will be happy, deluded fool) 

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I honestly don't know how we are perceived at other clubs. And those clubs might ignore our injury crisis, look at our results at the begining of the season and feel a new manager ought to be doing better.

And given that this blot on Pearson's copy book means it is now four jobs since he was last an unqualified success, I'd say Pearson needs to make this work as much as we'd need him to make it work. 

remember how were performed at the start of the season, yes we won, but performances were poor then, we, so may wins we have got this season have been of the back of a stormer from Bents.  We are very lucky to be in the position we are in, from my memory the games we have deserved to win have amounted to 7 this season, the other wins we have got majorly lucky.  I can't believe we are staying up (if we do)  this has been one of our luckiest ever seasons. We should be down.  I know Fam and Wells get loads of abuse, a possibly legitimately (Personally I have never thought Wells was a striker, he has zero striker instinct from what I have seen, and then gets pushed out wide where e is even less effective)  but the service they get is woeful. A clear out may solve it, but I can't see a team full of strangers if we buy in more players are going to cut it, next season, I fully expect us to go down

If Pearson stays or goes I really do not have an opinion, but you you would expect either the defence would improve, hte attack would improve, intensity would improve or desire would improve.  just one of those areas you would expect to improve if a manager really had presence, unfortunately I have not seen one of those areas improve, yes Pearson may improve that with new recruits, but if he can't get the current squad to improve just one of these areas I think, you legitimately need to ask what the can do when buying players.. this honeymoon period is his selling point and it has spoken loudly.  if Lansdown hires him  I will be very surprised.

I think we have another 3 or 4 seasons at league 1 level coming very soon.

High performance facility my arse.  27000 seater stadium gonna look great with 10k in it, our once cauldron is going to look laughable and will certainly not help us if we do descend to league 1.

I am hoping we stay up next season, if we don't I see a decade or mote of struggle.  I am, not sure a reset is going to help with the league we are in.

13 minutes ago, Swede said:

It's not his squad. He can't change a thing other than juggle with U23's and cope with a a crippling injury hit squad. People need to put a lid on it and get a reality check.

We badly need the season to end so we can start getting rid and rebuilding.

We lacked spirit, effort and urgency. 

It doesn't matter how many injuries, or the talent available, you should always expect to deliver that. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still double figures in terms of injuries but that was poor.

Liked the Bakinson goal, well worked including Nagy assist...

What was Palmer doing- kinnell.

If we had Wycombe's fight and spirit- we'd be a lot better off.

If they had our crippling injuries I doubt that spirit would be there. We are struggling to cope and just limping/listing towards the end of the season. Mercifully there's only three games left. I for one cannot wait to see the back of this season.

1 minute ago, Swede said:

If they had our crippling injuries I doubt that spirit would be there. We are struggling to cope and just limping/listing towards the end of the season. Mercifully there's only three games left. I for one cannot wait to see the back of this season.

That's a fair point, injuries like we've had would do for any side. However they seem to show real fight, surely punch above their weight- as a side down the bottom, these would be more disadvantaged with empty grounds.

We are stumbling, limping etc as you say towards the end of the season.

Was Holden just papering over some pretty big cracks until it went South? We had two mini Cup runs, we were in fact in outside playoff contention until January etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Well you did say **** from both (DB and KP).

Regardless given how well we defend set pieces and their aim to keep bombing our box, I’d much rather he punched (if done well obviously)then tried a more difficult catch under pressure.

Yes, i did say **** from my first & only view of it, do you have a problem with that? If you do, i genuinely couldnt give a shite....either way we lost due to a stupid penalty against Wycombe

Edited by Mr Hankey
1 minute ago, petehinton said:

In 6 weeks we have no CEO or manager, no recruitment team and 14 players out of contract with 4 more recovering from surgery

Somebody quoted earlier roughly the phrase “destroy & exit” regards MA’s tenure,  a perfectly concise assessment.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Swede said:

There are no excuses for lack of effort. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a fair point, we are stumbling, limping etc as you say towards the end of the season.

Was Holden just papering over some pretty big cracks until it went South? We had two mini Cup runs, we were in fact in outside playoff contention until January etc.

A few of us said all along we were nowhere near top 6 but there’s none so blind as them that won’t see .

• Like 3