IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was Holden just papering over some pretty big cracks until it went South? We had two mini Cup runs, we were in fact in outside playoff contention until January etc.

That mini run at start of season saved our bacon..without that  run we would be  bottom three material.  We all know as well we got away with a few in that ‘run’ as well.  
Got to major surgery this close season...has to be NP as he will have seen with his own eyes what needs to happen.  Imagine the chaos with no leadership trying to find a new manager now...

Edited by DT The Optimist
1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Why don’t I feel any better about the situation?

I don't either.

But it grips my shit that there are still people who can't work it out for themselves that we are not going to be relegated even if we lose every game by 7-0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Yes, i did say **** from my first & only view of it, do you have a problem with that? If you do, i genuinely couldnt give a shite....either way we lost due to a stupid penalty against Wycombe

I just quoted you that’s all. No need to search for a ruck as I’m not looking for one. We’re all disappointed.

25 minutes ago, Swede said:

It's not his squad. He can't change a thing other than juggle with U23's and cope with a a crippling injury hit squad. People need to put a lid on it and get a reality check.

We badly need the season to end so we can start getting rid and rebuilding.

Sense.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

A few of us said all along we were nowhere near top 6 but there’s none so blind as them that won’t see .

Top 6 was likely a pipe dream but the injuries have made matters worse...

Bentley

Kalas, Mawson, Baker- Good track record at this level. Vyner and Moore not so much. Mariappa is ageing...

Hunt- so so, Sessegnon has shown promise at Fulham but again so so. Unsure why we signed Simpson he's hardly the future?

DaSilva and Rowe- decent pair? Pring and Nurse could have stepped up but oh yeah...

Williams- Good player, if available...Walsh- Player of Year at Coventry albeit in League One- think they've just overtaken us?

Bakinson now has 4 goals for the season, still developing- Massengo too is still developing. Nagy is cover?

Paterson- Started season nicely. So did Weimann in an unorthodox midfield.

O'Dowda- Showed some signs this season

Martin- Played him into the ground, poor management. See how Derby used him last season.

Diedhiou appears to have gone from a 10-15 a season to total crap. Post January and post the game at Middlesbrough, his form has fallen off a cliff.

Wells went from a 1 in 3 at this level to average. Semenyo is young and shows promise.

Bold=Injured, Italicised=Was out for decent period.

Squad is unbalanced though, definitely.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I don't either.

But it grips my shit that there are still people who can't work it out for themselves that we are not going to be relegated even if we lose every game by 7-0.

I know. 

But it’s an amazing free fall. 

Sad times.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Top 6 was likely a pipe dream but the injuries have made matters worse...

Bentley

Kalas, Mawson, Baker- Good track record at this level. Vyner and Moore not so much. Mariappa is ageing...

Hunt- so so, Sessegnon has shown promise at Fulham but again so so. Unsure why we signed Simpson he's hardly the future?

DaSilva and Rowe- decent pair? Pring and Nurse could have stepped up but oh yeah...

Williams- Good player, if available...Walsh- Player of Year at Coventry albeit in League One- think they've just overtaken us?

Bakinson now has 4 goals for the season, still developing- Massengo too is still developing. Nagy is cover?

Paterson- Started season nicely. So did Weimann in an unorthodox midfield.

O'Dowda- Showed some signs this season

Martin- Played him into the ground, poor management. See how Derby used him last season.

Diedhiou appears to have gone from a 10-15 a season to total crap. Post January and post the game at Middlesbrough, his form has fallen off a cliff.

Wells went from a 1 in 3 at this level to average. Semenyo is young and shows promise.

Bold=Injured, Italicised=Was out for decent period.

Squad is unbalanced though, definitely.

Full of clubs in the bag. One dimensional counter attacking squad. Nothing more than that. Consistently outplayed week after week. A bore to watch week after week. No guts, no fight, no LEADER.

• Hmmm 1
6 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

That mini run at start of season saved our bacon..without that  run we would be  bottom three material.  We all know as well we got away with a few in that ‘run’ as well.  
Got to major surgery this close season...has to be NP as he will have seen with his own eyes what needs to happen.  Imagine the chaos with no leadership trying to find a new manager now...

Bottom 3 material? Maybe. I assume you mean the 12 from 4, 13 from 5 start.

I would suggest though that we might not be going down- Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Wycombe and Rotherham, maybe more would all be strong contenders. It would be a scrap though.

A club where every member of staff tells every other member of staff we are better than we really are. 

With a culture like that we are doomed to fail. 

From the CEO, to the owner to the players to the commentators, it's a never-ending gaslighting session. 

Edited by CotswoldRed
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Full of clubs in the bag. One dimensional counter attacking squad. Nothing more than that. Consistently outplayed week after week. A bore to watch week after week. No guts, no fight, no LEADER.

Well quite a few have played well in the past or other clubs at this level so I dunno. Bentley GK, Mawson-Kalas pair, DaSilva consistently at LB- Walsh and Williams as part of a CM 3? Would be nice...or a nice starting point.

Weimann wide right if fit could be of use IMO.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I thought nagy had been written off by pearson after dragging him off early a few games ago. 

yet another crap signing, there are so many being paid rediculous money who we just wont be able to shift.

Got an assist tonight, is he your latest scapegoat? ?

Palmer however- two pens given away to handball, this one especially needless- FFS.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well quite a few have played well in the past or other clubs at this level so I dunno. Bentley GK, Mawson-Kalas pair, DaSilva consistently at LB- Walsh and Williams as part of a CM 3? Would be nice...or a nice starting point.

Weimann wide right if fit could be of use IMO.

No disrespect to you at all but I can’t even be arsed to comment on them any more. One capitulation too many for me. Until I know what is happening next season I will be giving this lot a wide berth and I certainly won’t be parting with cash for a season ticket. Time for the man who says it’s his club to lead from the front.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Understand being undecided on NP. But to follow it up with wanting robins when we need a real leader is a terrible shout imo . Forget results , look at how we’re losing . We are ******* leaderless from Lansdown to the players . We massively need a Pearson type manager. I said today I though we’d lose 2-1 and get bullied but not just last 30 minutes . I ******* hate these players 

Chin up matey. Been a supporter for over 50 years so seen it all before.  Roll on next season. Believe!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Palmer however- two pens given away to handball, this one especially needless- FFS.

An assist? Oh come on - there are assists and assists. 

Just passing the ball isn't always worthy of praise. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

An assist? Oh come on - there are assists and assists. 

Just passing the ball isn't always worthy of praise. 

Fair, all I am saying is there are more worthy scapegoats. Palmer e.g. what is he doing?? 2 needless pens in 2 months given away.

This run of form is depressing though- where is the fight, the cohesion etc if nothing else.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

My wife supports Watford and that's not true. He had an excellent honeymoon period and then they were awful after lockdown, hence why they got rid.

The facts don’t quite bear this out, although I appreciate I’m unable to talk about performances. Watford were in the bottom 3 for every single game that Pearson was not the manager that season. He managed to get some decent results (relatively) and had them hovering between 16th/ 17th. He was sacked, and then Watford immediately fell back into the bottom 3 and were relegated.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He was shite tonight (again). 
Look at their first goal. What’s he doing? 
He gets back in to help Sess with the mismatch he’s got with Ikpeazu. Then he pisses off and leaves them 3 on 3 at the back from the cross and leaving Sess no chance with a total mismatch. 
He’s effing useless and has zero game awareness. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair, all I am saying is there are more worthy scapegoats. Palmer e.g. what is he doing?? 2 needless pens in 2 months given away.

I’ve been a big fan of KP but that tonight was unforgivable, idiotic & unprofessional. I know there are lots more problems than this one incident but why has he disappeared from team & love to know what he’s like in training and his attitude as no manager is having him as a regular starter. Has the most ability in the squad but could become another JET with inconsistency 

Was listening to it on RB tonight. Sounded like we were looking for a draw. Not good enough when playing Wycombe. It just isn't. 

Person has got to be given at the very least untill Christmas before he can be judged properly. Squad overhaul in the summer and settling in of new players. 

If he gets it all right, I expect a 10th to 6th place finish (I believe that's where we are as a club, and I'm happy with that)

If he gets it wrong, he will be gone. dog fight until end of next season. 

I'm thankful he's here, realistically he's the best we could hope for right now. Just hope he gets it right. 

Coyr

53 minutes ago, big dosser said:

funny thing i would love to see ainsworth given ago with some spending money rather than pocket money it would be interesting to see what he could do,

Being serious I'd like Nige to stay. True, the results in his tenure thus far have been wretched and probably poorer than any of us imagined they'd be.

However, I would like to see him build from scratch (yes, even if we were relegated!!!?) - because that's what is needed.

Don't forget, whoever is to blame, past or present, individual or group, this lot were assembled to challenge for promotion. Not merely to survive in the Championship, or even sit happily in mid table.

And they simply and quite clearly, are not anywhere near good enough.

Just look through our matchday threads. The vast majority of comments centre around individual errors, poor touch, positional sense, lack of commitment etc. And we all know what we're talking about - don't we?

So, we could get rid of the majority of them - that option is open. 

Or, we could bring in someone who knows how to get the best out of them - maybe with a few additions? 

Whatever the outcome, we find this current team well short of what it was put together to do.

That's the biggest crime in my opinion, whoever is to blame.

• Like 1

Right. Since we sacked Holden, we’ve appointed ONE PERSON. (And signed one convicted domestic abuser.)

Nothing else has changed.

The coaching team is the same. The players are the same.

How can people expect dramatic changes in those circumstances? Even if Pearson’s working miracles, every one else is the same.

Worst of all, Pearson’s on a short term contract. It’s like putting a supply teacher in front of the disruptive class a month before they finish school.

Perhaps things would be different had NP been given a longer contract - people would know where they stood. 

But until a manager, any manager, has their coaching staff and their team in place, they can’t really be judged.

One person cannot instantly fix the mess that has been created by LJ, DH, MA , JL and SL over the last two years.

• Like 9