Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

Davefevs

7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Gutted! I was so bored, I looked away to switch on my laptop   :laugh: NO REPLAYS on red button . B'stad!

Cheers, @IAmNick

Record it and you can watch it live with the benefit of rewinds.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Why ?

Because (as a guess) @DaveF isn't in a position where thousands of people watch him working, and nor do children worldwide dream of having his job (no disrespect intended to Dave, no idea what his job is).

Nor, I continue to guess, does Dave's job mean he is, whether he wants to be or not, in a position where his voice on such matters would be picked up on by media and shown to thousands of people.

Football players (and actors and other jobs where people are viewed by thousands/millions) are in a position where they can help get society to take a step forward and highlight inequality when they see it.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

No red button replays....bugger like to see that again

Record it then watch 10 seconds behind :) rewind , pause, etc

1 minute ago, Pie Eater said:

Record it and you can watch it live with the benefit of rewinds.

Just now, Jersey Bristolian said:

Just beat me to it :)

1 minute ago, Jersey Bristolian said:

Just beat me to it :)

Too many button presses to worry about when I’m cradling a can of Gold. Probably time for me to move to Germany at half time and use Robins TV

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Shit !!  We scored.

I find that we score just after Ive got up to put the kettle on, but each to their own..

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because (as a guess) @DaveF isn't in a position where thousands of people watch him working, and nor do children worldwide dream of having his job (no disrespect intended to Dave, no idea what his job is).

Nor, I continue to guess, does Dave's job mean he is, whether he wants to be or not, in a position where his voice on such matters would be picked up on by media and shown to thousands of people.

Football players (and actors and other jobs where people are viewed by thousands/millions) are in a position where they can help get society to take a step forward and highlight inequality when they see it.

Either way it's a personal decision if you want to take the knee and not one dependant on the number of spectators.

Just now, BigTone said:

Either way it's a personal decision if you want to take the knee and not one dependant on the number of spectators.

I'm surprised no one has linked our hamstring problems this year to a much needed campaign to remove racism from society. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Taking the knee has almost become a ritual rather than a symbol and I think it’s largely lost its meaning now. It’s just 9 seconds that nobody watching really pays any attention to.

• Like 7

Just now, BigTone said:

Taking the knee was a was to help spread the message, while showing support.

What would the point be of someone working the average office job taking the knee?

Who would they be spreading the message to?

Now ask the same question but about footballers who are watched by thousands of people every game.

Than ask yourself what issue do you have with a completely non political gesture, supporting equality, that lasts a matter of seconds?

I'm not accusing you of anything, just genuinely asking what issue do you have with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two really poor quality sides here. Rowe looks hopeless, not quite sure what Nagy’s doing out on the right and Fam’s done more work in our own box than Wycombe’s. Tremendous strike from Bakinson was the only moment of class. The rest, dross.