IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

14 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Either way it's a personal decision if you want to take the knee and not one dependant on the number of spectators.

Agree it’s a personal decision. I’ve no problem with Kalas not taking it. But those who think it should end deny others their right.

Its not dependent on whether there are 1000 or 10000 spectators, but clearly if you’re making a statement then it’s not really going to achieve much in front of zero spectators - which is where this began in relation to other people’s work.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Is anyone else thinking we'd have been better off if Lansbury's red hadn't been struck off.

He distributes the ball with the accuracy of a blind man playing tennis.

No, one of the best players on the pitch but I guess we all need a scapegoat

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Defended okay mainly. 

Our left looks very vulnerable. Poor defensively and nothing going forward down that side. Right side a lot more solid with Sessegnon and Nagy in front of him. Nagy not been great in forward areas but at least Sessegnon can sprint up and past him to support.

Combos John.  Nagy narrower than AS or SP have played it, guess what? room for the RB to overlap.  Simple stuff!!!!

Bakinson been class again. We look like we might do something when he gets it. Some like him and Massengo need better around them, especially in front of them.

so, agree ✅✅✅

Occasionally we move it well but then it only takes one who isn't on that technically good level to mess it up!

Wells having a poor game and Fam taking the knocks but hold up play not much better than we've been seeing for some time.

Fam again allowing their CBs too many uncontested headers.  Does my head in.  Thinking of getting my boots back out ???

Would like to see Semenyo and possibly Janneh on for Wells and Fam on 60 odd minutes.

Conway for Fam for me.

13 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Taking the knee has almost become a ritual rather than a symbol and I think it’s largely lost its meaning now. It’s just 9 seconds that nobody watching really pays any attention to.

Exactly. It would mean more if a few players did it out of belief rather than the whole team because they think they should for the public.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Exactly. It would mean more if a few players did it out of belief rather than the whole team because they think they should for the public.

Maybe if the Govt admitted it was an issue, and attempted to deal with it, players might feel they didn't need to. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Nagy has been quite wide a lot of that half I thought. No doubt naturally likes to come narrow.

My main problem is the left side. Right side looked very solid so far and occasionally looks decent going forward, though didn't happen much.

he is at times, but knows when to come narrow to create room for SS.  Antoine just stays on the line....unless he's dribbling - frustrating....and easy to defend.

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

But the fact is none of us know which of those is the case.

There are players and teams who choose not to take the knee, so all we know for certain is that they aren't forced to do it.