IGNORED

Match Day Thread: Wycombe (a) - 19:00

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Laugh all you want - who would you have selected?

Looks like a bog standard 4-4-2. Four defenders, Four midfielders and two strikers.

I’m laughing at the “strong side “ comment really. I don’t think there’s any 11 you can choose atm that I would call strong. Especially with the fraud fam playing . Like having ten on the field with him in the side. He’s a disgrace if I’m honest 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I continue to be disappointed by his selection.

Didn’t think I’d say it but I’m starting to question Pearson still picking him. You would say he’s in for his size & strength but he’s not putting himself about . I’ve constantly said & asked fans to understand the mess he’s inherited , but I really am struggling to defend him over fam. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Think it might have been Palmer that he was particularly annoyed with after one game where he said he can't keep giving some players chances. Might have been Stoke loss.

Praised him in other games though.

Not sure its a trust thing...more a system thing.  Palmer in behind Fam, is not a great fit, then again what is a good fit with Fam?  Ultimately the "system thing" might be a problem for Palmer longer term.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Unless we put in a half decent display then I will be starting to question NP himself. Currently very disappointed with how things have panned out.

Tone, how can we blame NP, none of the squad are his players, the ones to blame are LJ for the attitude of a lot of these players, MA for letting contracts run down and of course SL for taking his eye off of what was going on with the recruitment, etc.  A lot of these OOC payers are just going through the motions, if you can call it that, and should be ashamed of calling their selves professional footballers.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Mid 20s? Show off ? 

I'm old and in my mid-40s but have been lucky to have both jabs already. 

Get well soon! 

52 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Sh*t, I'm 70 so must be ancient, wait a minute, I saw John Atyeo play, yep I'm ancient. "2nd Jab on Sunday at the Gate.?

Count yourselves lucky.

I am in my early 60s and still awaiting my first jab - anticipated by the end of the month/early May.

Just now, JonDolman said:

To be fair Palmer did play well behind Fam, or Kasey on the wing with Fam up top in some games this season.

Birmingham, Palmer was excellent....despite having to play behind Fam, who offered us his usual next to nothing.  Palmer did Fam's running and pressing that game!!!

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m laughing at the “strong side “ comment really. I don’t think there’s any 11 you can choose atm that I would call strong. Especially with the fraud fam playing . Like having ten on the field with him in the side. He’s a disgrace if I’m honest 

I’m not disagreeing with that point but the reason I consider the line up ‘strong’ is because all the players are experienced in Championship - no youngsters or debutants

To man they know what to expect. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Tone, how can we blame NP, none of the squad are his players, the ones to blame are LJ for the attitude of a lot of these players, MA for letting contracts run down and of course SL for taking his eye off of what was going on with the recruitment, etc.  A lot of these OOC payers are just going through the motions, if you can call it that, and should be ashamed of calling their selves professional footballers.

If we cant beat wycombe, then there has to be some doubt as to whether pearson is the right man to take us forward. All clubs have had covid, and all clubs have out of contract players. If hes still picking fam who understandably to some degree doesnt want to risk injury in his last few games before a big new contract, its just asking for apathy.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m not disagreeing with that point but the reason I consider the line up ‘strong’ is because all the players are experienced in Championship - no youngsters or debutants

To man they know what to expect. 

Yeah agree with that . Only problem is, bar one or two none of the rest aren’t performing anywhere near where they should be. Really can’t wait for this season to end 

We are at the very beginning of what will hopefully become the change that was promised to us last year before they decided they liked the cosiness around the place too much to really mess with anything.

Results are pretty much irrelevant as nothing will salvage this season which I would rate 1 out of 10; complete failure.

What matters to me is seeing youth players being given a chance and Pearson taking risks and having a complete assessment of the squad and youngsters coming through prior to the clear out.

Think of it as a prologue.

PS; anyone got a stream link?

5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Bugger! I was really considering not paying my tenner this evening but gave in and paid.

Now I realise it’s on the red button. Doh! 

0-0 incoming 

I went for Robins TV as the red button is behind and it frustrates me when I know when they’ve scored against us before it happens. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC