IGNORED

This team

Rob k

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

Given the options of forwards I don't think for one minute NP would play the soon to be out of contract Diedhiou if he had any choice in the matter.

He's continually on the back foot because he's not focused, unbalanced and his ball control is non existent. Give me an Afobe everyday of the week. Wells is being asked to do different jobs so lacks consistency. We are terrible at controlling games.

This team of currently fit players is not good enough for Championship level and we will be relegated next season if we kept the same team.

But that isn't going to happen, is it

Watkins would do a better job up front. Never given a chance to have a run of games. I'm guessing he's currently injured though 

50 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I’ve been watching City for 35 years and this is by quite some distance the city team I’ve disliked the most - I would not care one bit if i never saw the vast majority of this lot never pull on a City top again 

Yep. I agree.

I won't be wasting anymore time this season watching and paying to watch these wasters with the same performance week after week.

Roll on next season under a manager that can get decent performances out of the shite we have and, hopefully, the quality we bring in. 

Who that manager is and who the players are - **** knows, but they can't be any worse that what is here now.

Over and out.

They’re not under pressure. There’s no pressure in the club. Not a single person on or off the pitch at the club for the past 3 or 4 years has been under real strain or stress or pressure. Tired of saying it. 

£15k a week to meander in mid table, play on a perfect pitch, train in a brilliant facility, live in a beautiful city in a huge house. No repercussions if a manager gets sacked. No repercussions if you under perform. No repercussions if you decline a contract. 

Sounds like ******* bliss to me. 

19 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Yep I agree. Completely dislikable bunch of beige footballers.

Won’t give any of them a seconds thought once they’ve left.

Still, might celebrate Diedhiou not signing a contract to make him the highest paid player in the history of the club though. Seriously, what an utterly horrendous footballer. 

Been shocking for 70% of his time at the club, ambling around the place struggling to control the bloody ball. Awful player

40 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

The whole clubs a shambles, so comfy  and needs a massive overhaul

80% of the players - don’t give a sh*t about the club, overpaid journeymen or just not good enough, soft as anything.

the media team/Robins tv - twitter page spouts some absolute cr*p which is just cringeworthy. That Downsey and Toby are hopeless. 

everything at the club is a absolute shambles at the moment. They’re 24th in the ******* league and they just outplayed us. Laughable 

Done that to a few teams lately tbh. Their form isn't half bad...

Then again I seem to recall you were advocating O'Neill for attacking football a few months back- read their forum. There we are.

22 minutes ago, Rob k said:

That’s how low i think of this lot - no short memory here i can assure you 

They are a worse bunch than the period between 2012-2013. Skuse cared, Adomah cared, Heaton cared, Stead cared. Bar one or two, most of these players are too worried about their own careers than this club. 

The poor abject performances have gone on for way too long and for me easily the most dislikeable in my time supporting them. I don't think I'll look back on any of them being particularly good players for us, maybe bar Bentley or Massengo (and even that is based on current form).

We have recruited a very poor-average group of players, some over the hill and journeymen that should never have been at the club. We haven't replaced quality with quality, we've replaced it with 'clubs in the bag' and my word has the past 3 years been boring.

No contracts should be renewed in the Summer. That includes those like Downsy and the social media team in the club. It's too softy softy, too friendly, too happy clappy for me. If this club is gonna toughen up it starts from within and not just a Manager. 

As for this season is concerned, I will not be watching the remaining 3 games, I cannot stick seeing these players wear our shirt any longer (Wells, Lansbury, Hunt, Rowe, Diedhiou) 

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They’re not under pressure. There’s no pressure in the club. Not a single person on or off the pitch at the club for the past 3 or 4 years has been under real strain or stress or pressure. Tired of saying it. 

£15k a week to meander in mid table, play on a perfect pitch, train in a brilliant facility, live in a beautiful city in a huge house. No repercussions if a manager gets sacked. No repercussions if you under perform. No repercussions if you decline a contract. 

Sounds like ******* bliss to me. 

And when someone who knows what it takes to succeed at this level comes in and identifies the problems within a couple of weeks and wants to try and shake things up, we get fans wanting rid of him because he loses a few games before he can realistically do anything significant about it.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I’ve been watching City for 35 years and this is by quite some distance the city team I’ve disliked the most - I would not care one bit if i never saw the vast majority of this lot never pull on a City top again 

I disliked McInnes' teams more, but, yeah, I agree with the last part of that sentence.

The whole club is hard to like right now.

I have spoken on here before about it but we are patronised beyond belief.

The comms from the club particularly around social media is childish, infantile and generally treats the fans like idiots that will lap up any “positive”’news whatsoever.

Unfortunately, the club underestimate the football intelligence of most of our fan base and lost a good chunk of faith from many of us with the arrogance and audacity of the appointment of Dean Holden. The hierarchy lost touch and thought they could do no wrong.

Prior to this and peaking around this point, we managed to assemble a squad with no fight, no guile, no will, and very little sell on value.

We need a decisive, brave decision soon and the only one for me is Pearson long term with the mandate to strip it and rebuild with his own ideas and people.

Cannot believe how far we have drifted in plain sight. So sad.

I think it's fairly obvious we've got an exceptionally talented group of players here and we should count ourselves lucky, 

They've managed to collect  51 points without breaking sweat, making a meaningful tackle, controlling a ball or putting 3 passes together all season.

Just imagine where we'd be if they could be bothered.

16 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

And when someone who knows what it takes to succeed at this level comes in and identifies the problems within a couple of weeks and wants to try and shake things up, we get fans wanting rid of him because he loses a few games before he can realistically do anything significant about it.

This. I'm done now for the season because what is the point in getting angry over this bunch of wasters. Unlike hundreds on here they won't be angry on the bus home tonight. The majority of them will be grossing between £40-80K for another months "work" in the next couple of weeks. It's time for Steve Lansdown to lead from the front and put right his absolute cock up of last Summer..........if he goes down the 6 week route of appointing another manager I, for one, will be going down the 6 week route of deciding whether to renew a season ticket next season. Enough is enough after tonight which was the straw that broke the camels back for me, not enjoying anything about this club at all right now so time to let the dust settle and see what happens.

Agree Rob. I actually only watch the games this season through some sort of City-masochism. It’s like one of those crappy car-crash tv shit shows that the Mrs watches - you watch it cuz it’s so unbearably shit.

There’s been plenty of talk about the vast number of players out of contract. Of which most people (myself included) would happily see none of them offered new deals. 
But even with all of that heap of shit leaving, we’re still lumbered with equally heapy shits in Wells, Nagy, Palmer, O’Dowda, Martin & Moore. 
We’ve only got 13 outfield players whom you’d class as senior pro’s contracted for next season, and 6 of them are the shitheap named above. 
Only Dasilva, Kalas, Williams & HNM are players we’ve signed who you’d consider as part of your squad next season, with Sem, Bak, Vyner added as those who’ve ‘come through’. The signings we’ve made in the last few years have been shocking. Absolutely shocking. 

I’d happily get rid of all those out of contract and also happily pay up the other 6 mentioned above and simply start over again. 

44 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Show those out of contract the door instantly. Pay what is owed and get them out.

They aren't putting any shift in so get shot of them now. And i include Diedhiou in that

Unfortunately we would probably be left with 7 or 8 seniors if that were to happen!

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

Diedhiou should've been sold a while ago. Such a poor striker 

He’s a decent enough Championship striker when he puts his mind to it.  He has his weaknesses and strengths, but the lack of effort in large chunks of the last two seasons has been a disgrace.

The fact that he’s been allowed to, coupled with not being sold whilst being offered a new contract shows how badly run we are as a club in some aspects.

Never has an instruction from the top, blabbed through the CEO been so naive as “we will get our value on the pitch”.  Both in terms of squad morale and financial impact.  Absolute joke.  I don’t blame Fam, although any scouts still watching him must think they’re watching someone else.

As posted in 2017 - this is not overnight. 

Another example of LJ inability to manage people. If you all want to believe that all is perfect at our club fine, but it is not, and it is going to continue to haunt us. LJ is a folly created by SL, you have a billionaire living out some sort of fantasy football, and never has the emperors new clothes been so apt. Now why do people not post what really has gone on and is going on?  Because it will blow the doors off, and make what is already a farcical situation into a disaster. LJ will fail, it is just a question of when and how much money SL is going to throw at the problem before it comes to a head.  All for LJ to prove wrong of course, and cynic to defend with his life. But we have a problem, it is a big one, and everyone in football knows about it. We are seen as a joke from top to bottom. 

And

Only the Emperors new clothes lot have not understood yet. Flint is a disaster for the team to lose  , he kept pushing hard, no matter what was going on around him last season, and will be a huge loss to the club. We will have taken the heart, soul and belief out of a promotion side and discarded it in 2 years. That is ok if you can recreate the same spirit and desire with a new group. That is the real test this season. Have the club, LJ, created a new group of players that believe in him, themselves and each other. 

26 minutes ago, weymouth red said:

Spineless group of players who don’t seem to understand that they are not just playing for us but there futures in the game . There will be a lot of footballers out of work next season as teams cut back

Your last sentence will be a harsh reality for many with the overpaid prima donnas of the sporting world at the head of the queue.

I believe that very few people in all walks of life have begun to understand how much change this pandemic will bring in the coming months and years. It isn't over by a long way yet.

Those who have lost jobs will find it difficult or impossible to get another one just like the late seventies and eighties. And when there are fewer jobs available, the pay rates for them drop.

The first things to be dropped by the out of work and lower paid are the things that don't feed, clothe and keep you warm.

The overpaid football industry will suffer as will holidays abroad and a whole host of others that rely on people spending spare cash. A luxury that will diminish rapidly as taxes rise and government spending diminishes to repay the borrowing caused by Covid.

I honestly think that if we had a game against Rovers on Saturday we would somehow both lose. This shower couldn't beat an egg. Maybe there is a reason why SL hasn't done a deal with Nigel yet. NP, like the players, may not care either.

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Your last sentence will be a harsh reality for many with the overpaid prima donnas of the sporting world at the head of the queue.

I believe that very few people in all walks of life have begun to understand how much change this pandemic will bring in the coming months and years. It isn't over by a long way yet.

Those who have lost jobs will find it difficult or impossible to get another one just like the late seventies and eighties. And when there are fewer jobs available, the pay rates for them drop.

The first things to be dropped by the out of work and lower paid are the things that don't feed, clothe and keep you warm.

The overpaid football industry will suffer as will holidays abroad and a whole host of others that rely on people spending spare cash. A luxury that will diminish rapidly as taxes rise and government spending diminishes to repay the borrowing caused by Covid.

I completely agree with your sentiments.

I find it astonishing how many people think that the effects of the pandemic, which will continue, aren't going to change our world forever.

You've only got to look at the media and political narrative now. The pandemic will be used as a tool to change the way we live.

Less ' normal' jobs, less travel, technology and AI pushed. Stay local, work from home. Less car and aircraft travel, or made more expensive. The world leaders are using the pandemic as an opportunity to change the world as we've known it massively.

Whether it's a good or bad thing, it will have a massive effect on ' normal' people's lives.

You've only got to watch the news this morning...they've chosen to report on pandemic and climate change and how we will need to adjust.

It's a continual drip drip of fear, and that everything being done is for the better of our future life that needs us to accept and willing to change. Controlled thinking to their way. 

Football like every other business will be hit hard.

34 minutes ago, Super said:

Out of the team that started last night i would keep Bentley, Bakinson, Vyner and HNM. The rest can bugger off.

Have a feeling that their agents will be looking to get them out. Lots of clubs are a sh!t show at the moment but we’re right up there with the very worst. 

11 hours ago, Swede said:

Given the options of forwards I don't think for one minute NP would play the soon to be out of contract Diedhiou if he had any choice in the matter.

He's continually on the back foot because he's not focused, unbalanced and his ball control is non existent. Give me an Afobe everyday of the week. Wells is being asked to do different jobs so lacks consistency. We are terrible at controlling games.

This team of currently fit players is not good enough for Championship level and we will be relegated next season if we kept the same team.

But that isn't going to happen, is it

NP has choice, he just bizarrely continues to pick Fammy to start, undermining every good thing he talks about; commitment, work ethic, taking responsibility, etc.

We have 4 promising young strikers, Bell (although out injured), Conway, Britton, Jennah. Britton not been given a go, Conway & Jennah a couple of 20 min subs appearances. Even if these promising youngsters are not ready yet, last night NP could have played Semenyo up top with Wells (Wells was really poor I know, but still a better option than Fammy). 

I'm losing faith in NP because of his insistence on picking Fam.

16 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

NP has choice, he just bizarrely continues to pick Fammy to start, undermining every good thing he talks about; commitment, work ethic, taking responsibility, etc.

We have 4 promising young strikers, Bell (although out injured), Conway, Britton, Jennah. Britton not been given a go, Conway & Jennah a couple of 20 min subs appearances. Even if these promising youngsters are not ready yet, last night NP could have played Semenyo up top with Wells (Wells was really poor I know, but still a better option than Fammy). 

I'm losing faith in NP because of his insistence on picking Fam.

I actually thought watching last night the lack of effort from Fam and Wells (and the rest) What i would give for Jon Stead now. Least the bloke gave a 100%.

19 minutes ago, Super said:

I actually thought watching last night the lack of effort from Fam and Wells (and the rest) What i would give for Jon Stead now. Least the bloke gave a 100%.

Judging from Simon Weavers comments I don't think Harrogste Town would loan Jon Stead to us. 'Model Pro'  How we could do with 11 of those.

Archived