IGNORED

This team

Rob k

12 hours ago, Rob k said:

I’ve been watching City for 35 years and this is by quite some distance the city team I’ve disliked the most - I would not care one bit if i never saw the vast majority of this lot never pull on a City top again 

Thanks for starting a thread about the team, rather than the manager. The former is the problem at the moment not the latter, imho.

From last night, I'd personally keep Bentley, Kalas and Massengo. Of the injured players I'd keep Weimann who can be relied on for effort at the very least. Joe Williams needs to get fit. And that's it. The rest can f!ck off.

So 5 players and some promising kids who aren't yet ready.

Meaning there's one hell of a rebuilding job to do, too big in reality, which means some of the wasters we currently employ will still be around next year.

Good luck with that, Pearson - or whoever the heck our manager is going to be    

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Thanks for starting a thread about the team, rather than the manager. The former is the problem at the moment not the latter, imho.

From last night, I'd personally keep Bentley, Kalas and Massengo. Of the injured players I'd keep Weimann who can be relied on for effort at the very least. Joe Williams needs to get fit. And that's it. The rest can f!ck off.

So 5 players and some promising kids who aren't yet ready.

Meaning there's one hell of a rebuilding job to do, too big in reality, which means some of the wasters we currently employ will still be around next year.

Good luck with that, Pearson - or whoever the heck our manager is going to be    

You may not agree but I would add Vyner to that list.

Semenyo & Bakinson (irritating as he can be at times) are possibles.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He’s a decent enough Championship striker when he puts his mind to it.  He has his weaknesses and strengths, but the lack of effort in large chunks of the last two seasons has been a disgrace.

The fact that he’s been allowed to, coupled with not being sold whilst being offered a new contract shows how badly run we are as a club in some aspects.

Never has an instruction from the top, blabbed through the CEO been so naive as “we will get our value on the pitch”.  Both in terms of squad morale and financial impact.  Absolute joke.  I don’t blame Fam, although any scouts still watching him must think they’re watching someone else.

I was saying about that to a friend. He'll have a good couple of months each season then be poor the rest. Should've gave Watkins more of a chance. I'm sure he'd have scored around the same amount of goals but more assists, better hold up and link play and work harder. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Just as Weimann does. He has been a big miss for us .

This might sound a bit contradictory but I personally see it like this...

I agree we have massively missed Weimann.

But, I personally don't think he is a top Championship player, and we would need better to push the league leaders.

Now, given we probably won't be pushing for playoffs for a long time, we could really do with him to help push this team back to mid-table level.

On another note, if we sold Massengo and Semenyo in the summer, what would we have left!

4 hours ago, old_eastender said:

NP has choice, he just bizarrely continues to pick Fammy to start, undermining every good thing he talks about; commitment, work ethic, taking responsibility, etc.

We have 4 promising young strikers, Bell (although out injured), Conway, Britton, Jennah. Britton not been given a go, Conway & Jennah a couple of 20 min subs appearances. Even if these promising youngsters are not ready yet, last night NP could have played Semenyo up top with Wells (Wells was really poor I know, but still a better option than Fammy). 

I'm losing faith in NP because of his insistence on picking Fam.

Er I don't think he has. All those U23's are young lads still developing as adults never mind footballers. Apart from Martin I think only Watkins comes close and I believe he's injured [again].

Having said that I was hoping for Janneh and Wells to start. Diedhiou  does offer some physicality but sadly not much more.

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

You may not agree but I would add Vyner to that list.

Semenyo & Bakinson (irritating as he can be at times) are possibles.

I agree with those, plus the 5 previously mentioned. And Dasilva, too. I really think he's been a huge loss this season. 

The other thing I'd say is that I think there are players who are getting dragged down by the culture of the club. It might be shipping certain players out and bringing leaders and positive characters in might lead us to finding some of the existing players can contribute more than they are currently managing to do.

My big worry is that I think we've genuinely got a crop of talented young players with potential but I worry about the culture and habits they are currently learning from. If we don't get the right characters into the club I really worry that it could mess up the potential of some genuinely talented players who are being offered poor role models and mentors at the moment in terms of the senior players. 

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I agree with those, plus the 5 previously mentioned. And Dasilva, too. I really think he's been a huge loss this season. 

The other thing I'd say is that I think there are players who are getting dragged down by the culture of the clubs. It might be shipping certain players out and bringing leaders and positive characters in might lead us to finding some of the existing players can contribute more than they are currently managing to do.

My big worry is that I think we've genuinely got a crop of talented young players with potential but I worry about the culture and habits they are currently learning from. If we don't get the right characters into the club I really worry that it could mess up the potential of some genuinely talented players who are being offered poor role models and mentors at the moment in terms of the senior players. 

Agreed, and Pearson alluded to that the other week when he was asked about giving the youngsters a go - that he has to be careful, as if he puts them into an unhealthy environment it could damage their careers before they've even started.

I can handle the fact that certain players aren’t good enough,that’s not their fault,they just aren’t,it’s the lack of effort,desire,passion,application and personal pride that gets my goat.

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

I can handle the fact that certain players aren’t good enough,that’s not their fault,they just aren’t,it’s the lack of effort,desire,passion,application and personal pride that gets my goat.

From a footballing point of view they are all decent footballers.  Some of them have stinking attitudes.  The fact that some of the ones still playing with pride and professionalism haven’t grabbed the others by the throat and told them to put a shift in is beyond me.

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

From a footballing point of view they are all decent footballers.  Some of them have stinking attitudes.  The fact that some of the ones still playing with pride and professionalism haven’t grabbed the others by the throat and told them to put a shift in is beyond me.

Probably because the ones putting a shift in are mainly the younger players,quite how some of the more seasoned pro’s have performed is nothing short of disgraceful.

57 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Probably because the ones putting a shift in are mainly the younger players,quite how some of the more seasoned pro’s have performed is nothing short of disgraceful.

Pearson eluded to that in his club media interview today.

Archived