IGNORED

Sorry to say

Ivorguy

Sorry to say it but Pearson is over the hill and washed up

I really was so positive about his appointment and feel he has let himself and all of us down

The team tonight looked uninterested and lost.

Where the .... do we go from here?

We are in a terrible place as a club.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I really was so positive about his appointment and feel he has let himself and all of us down

I wasn't convinced from the beginning and playing Fam all the time has reinforced that feeling. Not for me.

Got to remember this is still a squad that has 14 injuries at the moment, not even counting Mawson after he was sent back. The bench is packed with u23’s players as a result. So Pearson firstly can’t call on 5 senior players he wants to bring off the bench as subs to change the game and he can’t rotate the starting XI too much because there’s a lack of senior players available. There’s only so much any manager at the moment could do with the squad of players available to him. The manager can’t also account for a player sticking his arm out to block the ball in the area in extra time. 

At some point the players need to take responsibility - look at Rovers. Yes they are shite but 3 different managers this season and they’ve got progressively worse with each one - there’s only so much polishing of a turd you can do. 

Same applies to City, - lots of players out of contract in the summer who know they are moving on, lots of hasbeens/never-will-bes, a collection of unfit mysteries, a couple of good pros and some promising youngsters. The perform storm for a lack of motivation and cohesion - a sizeable percentage of this squad will be gone in the summer and they are playing like it and unfortunately I’m not sure any manager would be able to improve us much with the current situation. 

I still want NP to get the job, on the proviso he genuinely wants to commit to it long term and he will be given the backing to create his own squad. 

This squad gave up playing for the club weeks ago. Pep Guardiola couldn't motivate this load of bell ends or get them playing. We need a clear out, heavy reinvestment and to trust either Pearson or someone else to rebuild. You can forget promotion for a couple of seasons. 

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Got to remember this is still a squad that has 14 injuries at the moment, not even counting Mawson after he was sent back. The bench is packed with u23’s players as a result. So Pearson firstly can’t call on 5 senior players he wants to bring off the bench as subs to change the game and he can’t rotate the starting XI too much because there’s a lack of senior players available. There’s only so much any manager at the moment could do with the squad of players available to him. The manager can’t also account for a player sticking his arm out to block the ball in the area in extra time. 

I don’t want to see FD playing for us again but he remains our top scorer with ten, measly, goals and is capable of playing against big direct teams like tonight’s opposition.

I can see why NP put him in the side. 

3 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

This man has brought nothing to the table in footballing nouce , I think there’s better motivators out there , we want attacking on the grass football at Ashton gate not kick and chase 

How can you motivate players who know that they won't be here in 6 weeks? They've got nothing to play for. They're empty husks of players 

I've been cold on him from the start. Pearson has had 11 league games now. So let's compare his numbers to Holden's last ten.

Shots: DH - 64. NP - 83

Shots on target: DH - 21. NP - 26

Goals: DH - 9. NP - 10

xG: DH - 6.4. NP - 6.7

Shots against: DH - 143. NP - 158

Shots on target against: DH - 47. NP - 45

Goals against: DH - 20. NP - 15

xG against: DH - 15.8. NP - 19.3

NP edges it, slightly, with a very  rough 10-20% improvement in most areas, with an extra game played. Bigger improvements in attack than defence, and of course the end result has been 9 points a piece.

It is pretty unspectacular, and suggests either that the problems run so deep within the squad that he cannot fix them, or that he's been unable to so far.

Personally, I'd still give him the window and the start of next season as I don't think there's may out there that can be much worse. The amount of experimentation he's shown suggests to me that it's systemic issues rather than his own methods that cause these failures. I also suspect that Ashton's departure has impacted matters behind the scenes more than we might know.

Who do you suggest then? 

I'll back him purely on the fact this isn't his squad, is is a collection of MA misfits. We've been poor, but guardiola couldn't turn this group into play off contenders.  

I'm not excusing the performances but he is not the main problem here. 

I think long term these results will benefit us

Not one of the out of contract players have done enough to earn a new contract or even show they want to be here

not one has been able to pull the wool over NP eyes

Great chance to have good clear out and rebuild

Pearson is not the problem The players are

Yet another woeful display brings out a few cert's on OTIB; 1) those who didnt like Lj for his 'awful football' have gone really,really quiet as the same squad look so defensively naive and unmotivated.2) those who didnt think Holden did a decent job are also very quiet, wondering like me, what has NP brought to the party. Surely the two other coaches must go and NP allowed to bring in his own players and coaches; losing to Wycome is really bad isnt it?

11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

What about the players out there taking their wages and not showing any interest or desire?

we have a bunch of poor mentally weak players. I wouldn’t trust or rely on half of them in a crisis. I’d have them out on their asses. The fans deserve more commitment from them. Life is being made even  easier because we’re not in the stands having to watch these gutless frauds.

none of these players are Nigel’s. 

Pearson came here for a reason, we were in a right mess.  It cannot be sorted out till the whole squad is remoulded. 
I am beginning to wonder if he is going to get the job myself now...I want him to get it and his  own back room staff and the opportunity to create a squad in his image, not this pile of proverbial he inherited.  
My dosh is still sat in my account While I wait to see what happens in next 7 days before my season ticket is renewed....am i alone here thinking this 

"MA misfits"  Come on, give that bit of nonsense a rest.

What really?  How come MA managed to get us a team that was so competitive in the top half of this league until Covid struck; when i believe we were 7th and looking liking getting points on every single away trip apart from Baggies and Leeds

19 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

You're not sorry. You absolutely revel in being miserable.

5 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Yet another woeful display brings out a few cert's on OTIB; 1) those who didnt like Lj for his 'awful football' have gone really,really quiet as the same squad look so defensively naive and unmotivated.2) those who didnt think Holden did a decent job are also very quiet, wondering like me, what has NP brought to the party. Surely the two other coaches must go and NP allowed to bring in his own players and coaches; losing to Wycome is really bad isnt it?

You’re the one who keeps popping up on here with complete waffle

Give NP the job but stop moaning when people have an opinion 

14 minutes ago, Desso said:

I wasn't convinced from the beginning and playing Fam all the time has reinforced that feeling. Not for me.

Oh for ****'s sake. He was one of our better players tonight.

If you can't judge things objectively, don't judge them at all.

As all ready stated elsewhere we need to move a few on we have that opportunity with those out of contract as a starting point. Improved performance today but a long way from being acceptable. The rebuild will take a few seasons, hope Pearson stays & is given that time. 
As someone has already stated G Johnson lost 9 on the trot, building a team unfortunately takes time!

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I don’t want to see FD playing for us again but he remains our top scorer with ten, measly, goals and is capable of playing against big direct teams like tonight’s opposition.

I can see why NP put him in the side. 

I can't see why NP has started NW at all!  He plays like he's got a bet on the oppo's....

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

You mean the players who cost Johnson and Holden their jobs,to think you have top players coming out against the super league while our gutless lot can’t even put the effort in to beat a relegated side

You can’t judge him with this pile of shit

I still think the squad has quality “on paper” they just aren’t interested

Whoever let so many players run their contracts down like this at the same time has a lot to answer for. None of them has any interest in BCFC right now because they won’t be here next season.

I don’t blame NP yet, though I did expect he’d get a better reaction out of some of them 

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

Oh for ****'s sake. He was one of our better players tonight.

If you can't judge things objectively, don't judge them at all.

What, a bloke who can't control the ball, can't pass and isn't interested. Plus he isn't scoring either. Take off your rose coloured glasses.

I can’t get out of my head that Pearson was kept on at Leicester after keeping them up by a fine margin and a late surge.

The guy who took over the team - recruited independently of the manager and including Mahrez, Kante  Vardy et al - took that same team to the premiership title at 5000 to 1. 

Nothing is black and white in life. Managers aren’t brilliant or rubbish and circumstances are always a factor but it feels a bit SO’D. More of an approach rather than a blueprint and that puts me off the idea of giving him the keys to the whole show. 

Archived