IGNORED

Sorry to say

Ivorguy

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You can’t judge him with this pile of shit

I still think the squad has quality “on paper” they just aren’t interested

Whoever let so many players run their contracts down like this at the same time has a lot to answer for. None of them has any interest in BCFC right now because they won’t be here next season.

I don’t blame NP yet, though I did expect he’d get a better reaction out of some of them 

“Quality on paper”,Jordan was quality on paper but when you saw her up close she was garbage 

Whoever is manager next season is on a hiding to nothing.

I can't see it will be Pearson now, as much as i wanted him to turn us around. 

Next season looks like a nailed on disaster if were not relegated i will be amazed, this has to be the most gutless bunch i have ever seen and my time goes back to the mid 60s.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

“Quality on paper”,Jordan was quality on paper but when you saw her up close she was garbage 

Wells has done the business elsewhere, right up until we bought him

Lansburys got out of this league 3 times

Kalas is an international CB

Nagy also an international.

Palmer has ability but lacks any sort of consistency and probably one of the players NP is saying is doing their own thing.

So “on paper” they should be half decent, but they aren’t playing that way

13 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

SL has still not met Nigel Pearson. FFS, is this bloke for real?

When is supposed to have met him? People speculated that if Steve was on the plan flight tracked the very earliest Lansdown would have been able to leave isolation was today, hardly going to meet and discuss things on a match day. 

5 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Are we safe ? Normally we will lose 3 in a row and Rotherham has 2 remaining games. If derby win 3 in a row and Rotherham 4 we are relegated.

What about the other teams between us those you mention - are they all relegated as well ?

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Wells has done the business elsewhere, right up until we bought him

Lansburys got out of this league 3 times

Kalas is an international CB

Nagy also an international.

Palmer has ability but lacks any sort of consistency and probably one of the players NP is saying is doing their own thing.

So “on paper” they should be half decent, but they aren’t playing that way

Wells record is no better then fammys and he’s crap by all accounts 

lansbury is a signing 5 years to late

kalas and Nagy internationals,so was Carlton Palmer 

As for Palmer I give up 

3 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Are we safe ? Normally we will lose 3 in a row and Rotherham has 2 remaining games. If derby win 3 in a row and Rotherham 4 we are relegated.

If Derby win 3 in a row? They’ve won 2 of their last 14 and lost 4 in a row.

Rotherham won 3 in 15.

why do you think either are suddenly winning all their games? Also 5 other teams that need to win 1/2 games to go above us

Its going to look a lot closer than many would have liked but we aren’t going down

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

As for Palmer I give up 

Agree with all your points there in fairness.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Rotherham won 3 in 15.

why do you think either are suddenly winning all their games? Also 5 other teams that need to win 1/2 games to go above us

Its going to look a lot closer than many would have liked but we aren’t going down

There are a few that can't work it out for themselves - I've now given up trying to explain it.

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Rotherham won 3 in 15.

It’s remarkable really,like last night people saying rovers have to win every game left 3 zip and Wigan lose every game,some people are not good at maths it has to be said

35 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Oh for ****'s sake. He was one of our better players tonight.

If you can't judge things objectively, don't judge them at all.

He really was not. His touch was abysmal, was slowing down into the press, and our best chance of the second half wasted with a sloppy pull-back.

How he can be anywhere near the team when he is off in a month is a mystery.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

He really was not. His touch was abysmal, was slowing down into the press, and our best chance of the second half wasted with a sloppy pull-back.

How he can be anywhere near the team when he is off in a month is a mystery.

I have no words in response.

And not because you are right.

3 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I have no words in response.

And not because you are right.

Thanks for that. Useful response.

He had not committed to the club, has no goals since Middlesbrough (a), on the 23rd Feb, and has shown very little desire for the cause.

Hard to see how I am wrong really.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Thanks for that. Useful response.

He had not committed to the club, has no goals since Middlesbrough (a), on the 23rd Feb, and has shown very little desire for the cause.

Hard to see how I am wrong really.

Hard for you to see.

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Are you ok mate?

You seem to have become reduced to subtle insinuation riddle-themed mystery one-liners rather than coherent debate based on fact.

A diatribe is not always needed. 

Sorry if you need an essay to get your brain around a point of view.

1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

This squad gave up playing for the club weeks ago. Pep Guardiola couldn't motivate this load of bell ends or get them playing. We need a clear out, heavy reinvestment and to trust either Pearson or someone else to rebuild. You can forget promotion for a couple of seasons. 

I think he could

1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

How can you motivate players who know that they won't be here in 6 weeks? They've got nothing to play for. They're empty husks of players 

What happened to good old fashioned professionalism?

Just now, Superjack said:

A diatribe is not always needed. 

Sorry if you need an essay to get your brain around a point of view.

Hmmm ok. I probably need a bit more from you to understand your point of view when it is incredibly difficult to comprehend.

Go well though mate, if you think Fam was one of our best out there tonight, let alone cannot question why he should even be playing then I am not sure I need to worry about getting my brain around anything.

Wow.

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Hmmm ok. I probably need a bit more from you to understand your point of view when it is incredibly difficult to comprehend.

Go well though mate, if you think Fam was one of our best out there tonight, let alone cannot question why he should even be playing then I am not sure I need to worry about getting my brain around anything.

Wow.

I don't actually think that he should be playing.

I just don't let that affect my judgement of him when he crosses the white line.

1 hour ago, Globe Trotter said:

At some point the players need to take responsibility - look at Rovers. Yes they are shite but 3 different managers this season and they’ve got progressively worse with each one - there’s only so much polishing of a turd you can do. 

Same applies to City, - lots of players out of contract in the summer who know they are moving on, lots of hasbeens/never-will-bes, a collection of unfit mysteries, a couple of good pros and some promising youngsters. The perform storm for a lack of motivation and cohesion - a sizeable percentage of this squad will be gone in the summer and they are playing like it and unfortunately I’m not sure any manager would be able to improve us much with the current situation. 

I still want NP to get the job, on the proviso he genuinely wants to commit to it long term and he will be given the backing to create his own squad. 

Look how poor results have been for Paul Cook at Ipswich. My neighbour is an Ipswich fan and says the squad is awful. And they will need a clear out and Cook given time and money to rebuild the squad. A manager many wanted to manage us. And they don't have our injury list. Pearson has the experience and track record to do this for us but needs time and support from SL to rebuild the squad. We will not find a better man for the job 

36 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

As for Palmer I give up 

Palmer's had far too long in a Bristol City shirt. He should be one of the first on the transfer list (followed not far behind by Kalas and Nagy)

I do wonder about the radio silence from SL. Let's just speculate for a moment that DH was a stop gap while the talks on selling a stake in the club were ongoing.

MA knew about this so was looking for a career move. DH went badly wrong and couldn't be kept. Hence a short term deal to take us to the summer when said deal is done. 

Decision on the new coach to be made by the new investor. Hence SL is sitting tight for now. Probably all a figment of my imagination but it would make some sense. I just can't see SL planning to take charge and sort all this out as he's seemed more interested in stepping away from running the club. 

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think he could

What happened to good old fashioned professionalism?

I don't know. Ask someone like Paul Pogba who only plays when he wants to and wants £500k a week to do it. Players are mercenaries nowadays. Footballs a joke. Our squad haven't esrnt their wages this season. Get rid of the lot of them 

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Look how poor results have been for Paul Cook at Ipswich. My neighbour is an Ipswich fan and says the squad is awful. And they will need a clear out and Cook given time and money to rebuild the squad. A manager many wanted to manage us. And they don't have our injury list. Pearson has the experience and track record to do this for us but needs time and support from SL to rebuild the squad. We will not find a better man for the job 

This. ^^^

1 minute ago, harvey54 said:

I don't know. Ask someone like Paul Pogba who only plays when he wants to and wants £500k a week to do it. Players are mercenaries nowadays. Footballs a joke. Our squad haven't esrnt their wages this season. Get rid of the lot of them 

I wholeheartedly agree

2 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Totally agree, but we are tied in to their contracts, we would have to pay them off. We can scarcely afford to pay a transfer fee, much less spend millions paying off some of the shite we are stuck with.

6 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I don't actually think that he should be playing.

I just don't let that affect my judgement of him when he crosses the white line.

If he was not playing (as you admit he shouldn’t be), then the judgement of him is irrelevant.

The fact that he has not netted for 10+ games compounds this and hard to argue for an OOC non-committed, non-scoring striker my friend.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Got to remember this is still a squad that has 14 injuries at the moment, not even counting Mawson after he was sent back. The bench is packed with u23’s players as a result. So Pearson firstly can’t call on 5 senior players he wants to bring off the bench as subs to change the game and he can’t rotate the starting XI too much because there’s a lack of senior players available. There’s only so much any manager at the moment could do with the squad of players available to him. The manager can’t also account for a player sticking his arm out to block the ball in the area in extra time. 

He's had plenty of time to work with what he's got, you're talking like tonight has been our only poor performance. 

It's nothing new a Manager inheriting someone else's squad, but NOTHING has improved

If anything we've got worse, he had a decent side available tonight but still got nothing out of them (again)

Tactically we're just as bad now as we have been all season

Archived