IGNORED

Why Pearson?

Berkshire Red

Why Pearson?

Why the hell not Pearson?

Lumbered with the weakest and most uninterested squad of City players I have ever seen, a group created by Ashton, Johnson and Holden. Throw in a sprinkling of pure shit players who are plainly not Championship standard (sorry Tommy) and some overexposed youngsters, terrible mix.

Pearson knows exactly what to do in the summer and we MUST let him sort it out, unless you're telling me Benitez is available.

13 minutes ago, Superjack said:

No. It isn't.

Pissed off with people saying this after every defeat. 

A lack of concentration at key moments is not akin to a lack of commitment.

Well you watched a different game to me if you saw much commitment out there tonight - Christ 

A manager that's had no preseason, no transfer windows, none of his own backroom staff, a CEO focusing on his new club, a chairman stuck in Guernsey, an unbalanced squad that are half injured or out of contract and downed tools, covid, no fans. 

What were you expecting a ******* miracle. 

I fully back Nigel to get a team of winners and fighting for promotion when he has the players he wants. The current crop are utter dog shit. Clean slate in the summer and some direction. 
the criticism he is getting is from the minority who would moan for the sake of moaning 

You can't judge Nigel Pearson on this shower of shite.

All season we have questioned the fitness coaches, the actual coaches and then you have in my eyes a worse collective of players since our last relegation.
you have Palmer who blows hot and cold, Diedhiou who has lost interest apart from that game versus Middlesborough, showing himself off, hoping to be bought.
We have no width of any quality, no bite in midfield and no quality in amongst it(see Palmer)

Nobody can score goals and a defence that is unable to keep a clean sheet.

There is nobody else of any value out there to do the job. Pearson has proven himself in the past. judge him when he has his own staff in and the majority of these wasters are out the door and replaced

16 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

It's not very complicated. Holden was out of his depth. Should never have been given the job. Nor should Johnson, who was given far too long to prove what many of us could see long ago. Pearson is trading on his history of success...whether he can repeat it is of course a moot point...but at least he knows what success looks like...unlike his immediate predecessors.

Judging by his time here he doesn't have what it takes for success.

Where is all this money coming from to rebuild a squad. We have loads OOC leaving on a free, in the middle of a world crisis and he has pissed off all the team.

24 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It’s very clear from what he’s saying that too many people aren’t pulling their weight and just doing what they want - but he doesn’t have enough fit alternatives to drop them.

He’s practically saying it right now that those players will be gone. I trust him for the summer 

Agree with this - I imagine he’s told those players what he thinks of their performance, but what’s the motivation to improve if they know they are off in the summer? Fam is a prime example, if he fancies burning some energy he’ll give it a go, but it’s not for the cause (my perception anyway) and for that reason I expect NP hasn’t got a clue what to expect from him one week to the next.  

29 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Your first sentence is key to me - there was a big groundswell of ‘good old Nigel’, he’ll kick em up the arse and frighten them into being a team’. The classic we want the opposite to the nice previous manager who was too soft, and the one before who was all management talk. Personally I thought and hoped he had mellowed with experience but as I’ve said elsewhere his whole ‘doesn’t suffer fools’ communication comes across as rude to me, and I haven’t seen much progression on the pitch. That said clearly there are mitigating factors:

- mid table team with nothing to play for

- still lots of injuries

- squad with many out of contract

- nobody knowing if he’ll definitely be here next season.

It’s a recipe for what we’re seeing which is very poor

And this worries more than anything.  Player contracts running down, teams cutting cost due to covid, if players cannot perform when potentially they will be out of a job, and the likelihood of that is greater than its ever been, this leads me to believe on of two things, players are so moronic and care so little that they think they will get a job easily with another club.... in which case we don't want that attitude or player at the club or 2.. the players are just shite at this level... meaning we don't want them/need them.  either way, it doesn't look good if players can not get up for a game in these current circumstances.

Oh dear!

It has to be Pearson to rebuild this shambles we have been left with after Steve Lansdown left us in the hands of the self-serving Mark Ashton who has pressed the ejector seat as soon as he ran us into the ground.

My issue is, why have we not sealed it? Get the deal done with Pearson. What are we waiting for?

We are currently rudderless after Ashton fell asleep at the wheel, and need some clarity asap.

Hardly any of them give a shit. You could probably parade Michelle Owen, Rachel Riley and Rita Ora around naked, and say the best performer out there gets to spend a night with these three, and they'd still put in a powder puff performance. 

I don't think they can be motivated, I think it's gone way too far past that point now, and quite frankly if none of the out of contract players appear after this season I won't be disappointed (bar Weimann).

Quite honestly, the only thing that comes to mind when I think about this squad now is this gif:

episode 4 stick GIF

Now, if those wasters don't want Owen, Riley and Ora - I will!!

2 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

A manager that's had no preseason, no transfer windows, none of his own backroom staff, a CEO focusing on his new club, a chairman stuck in Guernsey, an unbalanced that half are injured and the other half out of contract and downed tools, covid, no fans. 

No miracles but at least something more than Holden achieved. 

I was genuinely pleased we got NP but  the way we’re playing doesn’t fill me with confidence for the future even with a few new faces joining.

Hear what you’re saying & agree the club seems a mess but tell me you’re not in anyway disappointed with the impact NP has had?

5 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

A manager that's had no preseason, no transfer windows, none of his own backroom staff, a CEO focusing on his new club, a chairman stuck in Guernsey, an unbalanced squad that are half injured or out of contract and downed tools, covid, no fans. 

I would expect experience and expertise to be handed down and in improvement in maybe just 1 area.  That is the worrying thing, i see no improvement in any area.

At the very least  would expect to see defensive organisation at the very least... we have seen nothing.  And that is worrying.

1 minute ago, Berkshire Red said:

Judging by his time here he doesn't have what it takes for success.

Where is all this money coming from to rebuild a squad. We have loads OOC leaving on a free, in the middle of a world crisis and he has pissed off all the team.

I don't think it would be sensible to simply judge a manager of his experience on the handful of matches he's had here. 

The squad is substandard. We have neither a coherent team nor a consistent tactical approach. We've recruited 'clubs in the bag'. Pearson can't be blamed for that. The blame lies with Steve Lansdown, who has a woeful track record of appointments and trusted two of his poorer choices, Ashton and Johnson, for far too long. The damning indictment of their failure is the fact that our squad is poorer, with less potential, than the one we got promoted with 6 years ago.

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

I would expect experience and expertise to be handed down and in improvement in maybe just 1 area.  That is the worrying thing, i see no improvement in any area.

At the very least  would expect to see defensive organisation at the very least... we have seen nothing.  And that is worrying.

We have done but you can only work withe tools you have got. Vyner and Rowe are league one level, Hunt can't defend for his life and not interested (out of contract). Add in kids were having to field like Bakinson, Massengo, Pearson it's pretty obvious we a well short of quality who can play or want to play. 

Pearson is only as good as his staff....and some of the players are basically ensuring they are injury free when the contract runs out....and there's a good few of them. I'd like to see Pearson have a pre season, let go of those he condiders not up to scratch and bring others in he thinks are. At that point he can be judged

We've  just played the worst team in the Championship . And lost. 

Nigel Pearson's record here is pathetic and it's totally and utterly about the players or the board or the owner or Holden or Lee Johnson and most definitely Mark Ashton and the tea lady. Not the Manager.

IF Pearson can't motivate the players after all his time here and get them to play then we're fooked. He's just another name in management that is impressive due to a couple of seasons of success. Some years ago.

How ironic that Joey Barton has a marginally worse record over the same period and OTIB goes into joyous meltdown as to his delusion and blame of the players. Can't you see the similarity? The irony?

If Dean Holden hadn't got the wins then we'd be on our way down with Pearson's losses.

A true professional workman does not blame his tools.

I couldn't give a shite if SL doesn't appoint him- its all a manager lottery anyways.

I just wouldn't appoint someone who cant get a group of payers to play when clearly on their day they can otherwise we'd be down already.

I was more than happy with the appointment of Pearson. Slightly concerned that the impact probably hasn't been as expected but he's not got a great squad to pick from. 

I might be tempted to ask Chris wilder if he fancies the job? Although unlikely he would accept. 

Barnsley stayed up in last minute of last season & this season in the play offs.  Point I’m making is that if Pearson gets a window, bombs out the leeches who are Ooc, gets his own coaching staff in & get injured players back all of a sudden it doesn’t have to be the depths of despair for next season. I don’t think Pep could get a tune out of this lot but keep context as with 14 injured this lot aren’t good or mentally strong enough

SL has to appoint Nige now. There really is no point in waiting, as we are in free fall. We need a solid platform to build on now for the future. Having Nige signed on will give him that edge imo. 

Just get it done, Steve. Massive summer ahead!

Just now, Dynamite Red said:

We have done but you can only work withe tools you have got. Vyner and Rowe are league one level, Hunt can't defend for his life and not interested (out of contract). Add in kids were having to field like Bakinson, Massengo, Pearson it's pretty obvious we a well short of quality who can play or want to play. 

as a unit you can organise yourself, yes you still get undone by individual mistakes, but i am not seeing any improvements as a unit.  Individual mistakes you can blame the player, poor organisation you can lay at the feet of the coaching staff, and if the players are not listening, again that is a problem with the coaching staff.  Individuals down tools when belief in management is not there, it happens in all working environments.

Good managers can turn it around, bad managers will not.  I suspect if Pearson is using a more old school approach (and it appears he maybe with is demeanour) that will not be tolerated with today's players/society.  A Lepoard sometimes need to change its spots to fit in with its surroundings.  Do I agree with that?  probably  not as I think its a generational thing, and I think a rocket up the arse is he way to go, but that is probably not going to work with 90% of today's players.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

SL has to appoint Nige now. There really is no point in waiting, as we are in free fall. We need a solid platform to build on now for the future. Having Nige signed on will give him that edge imo. 

Just get it done, Steve. Massive summer ahead!

Ignore the poster that gave the laughing reaction. They clearly have an agenda.

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

We've  just played the worst team in the Championship . And lost. 

Nigel Pearson's record here is pathetic and it's totally and utterly about the players or the board or the owner or Holden or Lee Johnson and most definitely Mark Ashton and the tea lady. Not the Manager.

IF Pearson can't motivate the players after all his time here and get them to play then we're fooked. He's just another name in management that is impressive due to a couple of seasons of success. Some years ago.

How ironic that Joey Barton has a marginally worse record over the same period and OTIB goes into joyous meltdown as to his delusion and blame of the players. Can't you see the similarity? The irony?

If Dean Holden hadn't got the wins then we'd be on our way down with Pearson's losses.

A true professional workman does not blame his tools.

I couldn't give a shite if SL doesn't appoint him- its all a manager lottery anyways.

I just wouldn't appoint someone who cant get a group of payers to play when clearly on their day they can otherwise we'd be down already.

After ALL his time here? Yes i forget he has been here years and has had numerous transfer windows...

This team and the individuals in it do not want to be motivated, they had downed tools long before Nigel walked through the door and haven’t been assed to pick them back up again. Pearson has had no resources has had no opportunity to bring any backroom staff in and people are so quick to not want to give him a chance. Its actually laughable.

Archived