IGNORED

Why Pearson?

Berkshire Red

33 minutes ago, miloemily said:

I fully back Nigel to get a team of winners and fighting for promotion when he has the players he wants. The current crop are utter dog shit. Clean slate in the summer and some direction. 
the criticism he is getting is from the minority who would moan for the sake of moaning 

Agreed 

8 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Ignore the poster that gave the laughing reaction. They clearly have an agenda.

Put me on ignore.

I laughed at how someone can say " appoint this Manager now" after being beaten by the worse team in the Championship following a large number of losses.

The agenda is with you- you don't agree with what i think. Fair play- but just because you cant accept someone's opinion does not equal an agenda.

Holden ... Pearson, the coaches are the common denominator, but Pearson is loathe to say that.  

Give him the job, move the coaches out along with the gutless, deadwood 'players' and let him bring in his choice of coaches and players.

Then judge him.  Pearson's the man for the job, but he needs to start now! 

Come on Steve, what are you waiting for?

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Put me on ignore.

I laughed at how someone can say " appoint this Manager now" after being beaten by the worse team in the Championship following a large number of losses.

The agenda is with you- you don't agree with what i think. Fair play- but just because you cant accept someone's opinion does not equal an agenda.

My opinion of your agenda is not based on our results. Rather your recent post history.

I won't put you on ignore. I will continue to pull you up on it.

Put me on ignore if you like.

I have my doubts whether NP wants to or will be here for next season.

Why does he keep playing players who's contracts expire in the summer (who clearly cant be assed anymore). If you were considering the job for next year - then surely you would bed in some youngsters to have a good look at them. I know some have played recently all be it brief appearances. I just don't get the need to continue with the OOC players who clearly cant be fussed and are not good enough.

I would like to see NP appointed but have to agree i am currently underwhelmed by the performances we are serving up.  

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Come on - be a man .

What is my 'agenda'?

It's amusing you spent years vehemently defending LJ then Holden, dismissing all counter arguments as an agenda - and now you're getting accused of the same and can't handle it.

I think you defended them so much that now you don't like Pearson because he's their successor.

Just now, IAmNick said:

It's amusing you spent years vehemently defending LJ then Holden, dismissing all counter arguments as an agenda - and now you're getting accused of the same and can't handle it.

I think you defended them so much that now you don't like Pearson because he's their successor.

I dont see how anyone on here can have an agenda, what power does a poster on this Forum have to influence any day to day decisions at Bristol city? You might disagree with him, but i dont see how that equals an agenda.

Just now, Simon bristol said:

I dont see how anyone on here can have an agenda, what power does a poster on this Forum have to influence any day to day decisions at Bristol city? You might disagree with him, but i dont see how that equals an agenda.

I agree - everyone says "agenda" when they mean "opinion". I just find it amusing that the same people who throw the term around are now up in arms it's being thrown back!

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

We would be down with Holden, let’s make that absolutely clear 

Holden took 39 points from 30 games.  We’ve taken only 12 points from 13 since he was sacked, less than a point a game.  I have no idea what would have happened if Holden hadn’t been sacked, but it couldn’t have been much worse. 

19 minutes ago, Superjack said:

My opinion of your agenda is not based on our results. Rather your recent post history.

I won't put you on ignore. I will continue to pull you up on it.

Put me on ignore if you like.

Quote me, please. 

I have never put anyone on ignore- it would lose the fun and joy of an anonymous forum.

I am not sold on Pearson at all. 9 points from 51 since Feb 1 I think it is. 3 wins 3 draws and 11 losses. Pearson here for a lot of that. I wasn’t expecting playoff form but I wasn’t expecting the form equivalent to possibly the worst season in league history. 

Maybe NP is using this time to evaluate as much as he can. Why play Fam? So he can send feedback to whether we should offer him a new deal as a possible answer. In that case though, I think we found the answer a couple months ago! 

I think it is real interesting now for us. SL has a massive decision to make. Most fans will still say NP with no doubts. I have doubts myself, but I have doubts about others who may be looked at for this job. I still probably shade towards Pearson but I have to say, I wouldn’t scathe Lansdown if he said no to NP after the season. 

1 hour ago, tin said:

Incredible that some people had more patience for a novice like Holden, who knew the players, had a pre-season and two transfer windows, than they do in Pearson (who’s had none of those, by the way). At some point you have to have a good look at these players, not the manager.

I am not sure I’m yet convinced by Big Nige but I agree, the lack of patience with him compared to Holden is bizarre. Even more bizarre that some are saying he should be replaced by either Bowyer or Robins ?

Bowyer has a relegation on his CV at this level and although Robins has done well at Cov I’m interested to know what they have both done at this level for people to believe they are better equipped to rebuild than Nige!?

Quite clearly the reason to want Pearson is that he's achieved the desired outcome in somewhat similar circumstances before. I think you can be disappointed and unimpressed by his impact in these games but want him to be given the chance to be part of rebuilding what looks, from the outside, a real mess. 

Big job for him, if he doesn't get it in the summer or he falls flat on his face after, it's probably over for him at this level and he'll go down as one of those people that could only really do it at one club.

I suspect Pearson was offered the permanent City job some time ago on a gentleman's agreement, and accepted.

Everything he says indicates he is planning for next season and his intention is to be here long term.

The only stumbling block, on both sides, may have been relegation.

That's not going to happen so I expect to see his appointment officially announced in the near future.

I sincerely hope that's the case anyway.

If you don't want Nigel Pearson who do you want?

Put some names / a name forward?I

If the players are in need of motivation who can you name who is available and has a reputation for motivating players?

Please don't think I'm trying to be rude. Its a genuine question.

I'd be fascinated to see the impact of motivation on this squad.

3 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

If you don't want Nigel Pearson who do you want?

Put some names / a name forward?I

If the players are in need of motivation who can you name who is available and has a reputation for motivating players?

Please don't think I'm trying to be rude. Its a genuine question.

I'd be fascinated to see the impact of motivation on this squad.

Wilder?

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I suspect Pearson was offered the permanent City job some time ago on a gentleman's agreement, and accepted.

Everything he says indicates he is planning for next season and his intention is to be here long term.

The only stumbling block, on both sides, may have been relegation.

That's not going to happen so I expect to see his appointment officially announced in the near future.

I sincerely hope that's the case anyway.

You are often a voice of reason in the midst of madness to me on this forum.

I hope that you are right.

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I was delighted with his appointment but surely everyone is a little disappointed in what he’s achieved so far.

We were always this utter dog. 

Results the past 18 months hid it. 

Myself and others on this board posted XG tables since LJs third season, the thing with the former, is that it should in theory always tell in the end, its not exact, it's more an estimation of what should occur based on statistics, so there's always basis in truth in the figures.

Now it's finally bitten and people are surprised that even Nige can't dig us out a decent performance. The difference before is that the players tried, and were completely mediocre, now we just get out fought on every metric becuase they have nothing to play for knowing most of them are leaving. 

46 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Put me on ignore.

Who would you like to see take over Marina? What would you see your choice bringing to the club? Would you expect him to start from scratch or work with what we have?

Archived