IGNORED

Odds for relegation?

Rich

12 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

They don't all need to win all of their games. 

But they are all in poor form. Derby can't buy a win and are only outside the drop zone because Rotherham can't buy one either.

Games in hand are ok when you're at the top of the league but not when you've only won 11 out of 43. We are 12 points off the drop zone with 3 games left.

Taking the emotion out of this :

It is only Rotherham that can get more points than us. Assuming we lose every game, and they win every game they will have 3 more points than us. They have to play Brentford and Barnsley who are fighting for the top 6. They have to play 5 games in 2 weeks.

The probability of all that playing out in their favour is tiny and thats not even talking about the clubs below us, such as Derby who are bang out of form. They have a 6 pointer with Birmingham and a nice away day at Swansea

So Relax - you have more chance of being hit by a meteorite. 

19 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Taking the emotion out of this :

It is only Rotherham that can get more points than us. Assuming we lose every game, and they win every game they will have 3 more points than us. They have to play Brentford and Barnsley who are fighting for the top 6. They have to play 5 games in 2 weeks.

The probability of all that playing out in their favour is tiny and thats not even talking about the clubs below us, such as Derby who are bang out of form. They have a 6 pointer with Birmingham and a nice away day at Swansea

So Relax - you have more chance of being hit by a meteorite. 

Ouch ...........WTF was that ,that just fell on my head ?       :shocking:

9 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

If someone offered me those odds on City to get relegated and I thought it was "on" and they allowed me to stick a tenner on it I would put the chance of potentially securing the future of my family before Steve Lansdown's FC every single day of the week. How anyone could put their fanaticism of our football club before their family is beyond me.................

Exactly. When you have a bunch of lazy, injury prone, lightweights in the side who regularly make you miserable twice a week, why would you not want to try and get some compensation to ease the pain a bit.

It's not like it has any effect whatsoever on results. Just because you could win some money if they lose, doesn't mean you in any way want them to lose. 

On 22/04/2021 at 06:30, Red white and red said:

How any ‘fan’ can place a bet on their side getting relegated, is beyond me. I wouldn’t even consider it even if we were 100000/1. 

Yep agreed- never got that. I'd add to that anyone who bets against their side- I don't bet on City games verbatim as it is but never against for sure even if there's cash to be made.

I barely bet anyway these days but never been one to bet against or on side.

Archived