IGNORED

Dear Players

The Constant Rabbit

Whilst you disgrace our shirt with your half-arsed efforts, here's what people who don't earn 10K per week live like.

My father-in-law died on Tuesday of Covid.

My brother-in-law (52 and fit as a flea) is on a ventilator - 50/50 odds - covid again.

My wife has cancer

My niece has developed a type of blood disorder similar to sickle-cell anaemia. She is 22.

I love my AFL - Hawthorn - bottom of league but one

I love my family - they are dying or very,very ill.  My heart is broken.

And I love City.

Always have since I was 5.

Home and away - 600+ games, and up until 2019, I came back for at least 2 games a year from Australia.

I'm done with you shower of utter wasters.

Enjoy your cash. Enjoy your VIP areas at the clubs. Enjoy your cars.

When you finally piss off and a bunch of guys who would die to wear the shirt of my beloved club take over - then I'm on a plane and back to the gate again.

Read this.

Read it again.

Then ask yourselves - why do they care about me or how I play?

I'll tell you.

WE DON'T

We love Bristol City Football Club. We want the club to succeed. You are temporary. The club is forever.

And none of you, bar one or two are fit to represent it.

Dear fellow Red, what a post!! I have tears in my eyes reading this and i would like to let you know that i have the utmost respect for you for posting, it was very brave of you to share this with us.

I wish you nothing but the best & hope that time will heal your wounds.

As for the football, well this just puts it into context! We care more about the club than any of the players and always will.

God bless

CityIronman

13 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Whilst you disgrace our shirt with your half-arsed efforts, here's what people who don't earn 10K per week live like.

My brother-in-law (52 and fit as a flea) is on a ventilator - 50/50 odds - covid again.

My wife has cancer

My niece has developed a type of blood disorder similar to sickle-cell anaemia. She is 22.

And I love City.

Home and away - 600+ games, and up until 2019, I came back for at least 2 games a year from Australia.

When you finally piss off and a bunch of guys who would die to wear the shirt of my beloved club take over - then I'm on a plane and back to the gate again.

Read this.

Read it again.

I'll tell you.

WE DON'T

We love Bristol City Football Club. We want the club to succeed. You are temporary. The club is forever.

Clearly a post from the heart but trust me, based on experience, any players that do read this forum will just take the piss out of posts like this (less so in your case given some of the terrible issues going in in your world admittedly) and particularly so at the posters who are genuinely angry and genuinely care. They will literally use comments aimed at players from fans as comments to banter them with on the team bus or at training, that is no joke either.

18 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

My wife has cancer

And I love City.

Read this.

Read it again.

I'll tell you.

WE DON'T

Wow. 

Wishing you and your family every strength. 

When times are tough, football is a great escape, so appreciate your angst with this feeble shower of a Club. But, if you can, forget football for a while. We’ll be back. 

34 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

My wife has cancer

And I love City.

Read this.

Read it again.

I'll tell you.

WE DON'T

@The Constant Rabbit

Good on yer City supporter and fan. Anyone who travels 24,000 miles to watch this very average club, deserves better than your current state. 

Keep going in spite of all the problems and misery as it's not a rehearsal and sincerely hope your family and you get through this. Next time you come over I'll buy you a beer at The Gate. But only one, cos I'm a tight fisted miserable old git!

Blimey TCR, thats from the heart. This shower won't give a fig about you or your situation but rest assured, we fans do care. I hope things improve for you from now on but if I were you I would give the footie a miss for a while. Some things are way more important.  Good luck to you and your family. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.  

Puts the disgraceful "professional" players from last night into perspective.  You have demonstrated the reality of life whilst at the same time they are taking the money with no regard for who really matters - the fans.

Please accept my condolences as a fellow City fan and I hope your family have the support and strength to get through this.  Family is the core of our lives.

You are a true fan and whatever it is about a football club it gets under your skin and you will support it through thick and thin.   There is no logic.

I just want players to play for the shirt and to the best of their ability, knowing they are just custodians of the shirt until they pass it on.  They can make a real difference to how we feel and must realize the affect they have on our weekly lives.

Remember when the players are gone we as fans will still be standing and are the true heart of the club.

All the best to you and your family in these difficult times and let's hope City get to a place when you can happily return to support your club.

2 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

My wife has cancer

And I love City.

Read this.

Read it again.

I'll tell you.

WE DON'T

So sorry to hear that TCR.

Don't think the players realise what privileged lives they lead. Their agents make them believe that they're entitled to such luxuries. Bugger the short playing life. Working in the public sector for most of my life, my annual salary equated to their weekly one! Sooner they get back to being paid like other people the better.

Just now, Midred said:

So sorry to hear that TCR.

Don't think the players realise what privileged lives they lead. Their agents make them believe that they're entitled to such luxuries. Bugger the short playing life. Working in the public sector for most of my life, my annual salary equated to their weekly one! Sooner they get back to being paid like other people the better.

I don't mind players earning far better than "normal" salaries given they are "elite" at what they do (or are supposed to be anyway), it's entertainment they provide and the relatively short career BUT when the balance tips too much and we have £20K per week lazy bastards on the books then something has gone badly wrong.

My wife has cancer

And I love City.

Read this.

Read it again.

I'll tell you.

WE DON'T

Thoughts & love from BS3 mate - always believe 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I don't mind players earning far better than "normal" salaries given they are "elite" at what they do (or are supposed to be anyway), it's entertainment they provide and the relatively short career BUT when the balance tips too much and we have £20K per week lazy bastards on the books then something has gone badly wrong.

I do think though that if we all performed in our jobs like they do then we'ed all have relatively short careers!

My wife has cancer

And I love City.

Read this.

Read it again.

I'll tell you.

WE DON'T

Flipping heck. I'm sending you a great big virtual man-hug mate.

Just show's how insignificant 11 blokes trying to kick a bag of wind over a white line is, but saying that when it's a big part of your life, you want some passion and fight, and it really grates when they don't seem to give a shite while picking up salary's most of us can only dream of.

Wishing you all the best pal.

6 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

My wife has cancer

And I love City.

Read this.

Read it again.

I'll tell you.

WE DON'T

Well said. Sorry to hear about your family and problems. Hope you and your family members pull through and good luck. I’m glad you have posted this and I agree with everything you have said. I think some of these so called fairy’s that are always injured on colossal wages are reading this and it hits home hard. As fans we don’t always expect to win but at least show a bit of grit determination and hard work. Some of us would do anything to wear the shirt with pride 

Sorry to hear about everything you have gone through/are going through

would 10k a week solve all that though?

players are people too, of course they should be giving more, they appear to not be trying very hard. but to suggest they have no issues because they make good money doing something we all do for free is just not true

13 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Sorry to hear about everything you have gone through/are going through

would 10k a week solve all that though?

players are people too, of course they should be giving more, they appear to not be trying very hard. but to suggest they have no issues because they make good money doing something we all do for free is just not true

Are you offering it to The Constant Rabbit? He don't need it cos he lives in Ozzieland. But I'm a poor pensioner with no money. I'll PM my bank details, allright?

Archived