IGNORED

So who’s going to renew or buy a new season ticket

Coombsy

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I renewed over the phone yesterday. I was 18th in the queue........

£368. - £16 a game.

Obviously far better value than POTD BUT if you were watching this season and were asked to pay what you thought each game was worth after it finished how many games would have even reached a tenner? One or two games you might well have just kept your money in your pocket and carried on walking................

2 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

I will think about renewing when we know who the next manager is. 

Replace “think about” with “be” & that sums it up for me.

The only leverage I have here is to make them wait until they make a decision.

Having our 2 tickets go up to £150 a match and no age concession we decided not to renew and suffer Robins TV with following at choice away matches..fed up with the “Corporatisation “ of the Landsdown Club .If they can fill the hospitality serving up such lacklustre entertainment then  good luck ... For perspective been at AG every season for 55 years (over 30 years ST and hospitality) even the years we dropped 1 through 4 (80-83) may have been traumatic but at least we had heart, something sadly missing today apart from HNM who puts in 110%. End of an era .Will still cheer them on just not from AG. 

At the moment we're not renewing. Losing to a 93rd minute goal from Akinfenwa may have been a final nail in the coffin - alongside all the others (manager? squad? owner that gives two hoots?)

POTD will be better value for the number of matches we'd be likely to travel to watch.

EDIT: Of course if the season turns out to be wondrous we won't mind missing out on the ST discount!

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Obviously far better value than POTD BUT if you were watching this season and were asked to pay what you thought each game was worth after it finished how many games would have even reached a tenner? One or two games you might well have just kept your money in your pocket and carried on walking................

Yeah, it’s been a disappointing season and at one level I’m glad I wasn’t there to see it. That said having fans at AG might well of had a positive effect, but who knows?

As far as the CEO role goes I don’t really care who gets appointed but I do care about who the manger is. 

1 minute ago, onehowie said:

Any TRUE City fan would renew whatever.

That's a not a greatly thought out statement to make if you don't mind me saying.............the WHATEVER bit I mean. Sometimes WHATEVER really does make you have to re-assess your priorities in life and football has to take a back seat.

Seeing as its a freebie due to this seasons refund I will prob renew at the last minute. I appreciate everyone's circumstances are different but no way can next season be as bad on the pitch as this season,  especially when we ship out the deadwood .  It will be last minute though. Just to make sure we pick the right manager and coaches. 

58 minutes ago, onehowie said:

It's funny how having a season ticket is now a sign of loyalty. I managed for years without one, and I wasn't alone. A season ticket was for folk who wanted to sit in the same seat every week in the Dolman. Was it all-seater stadia that made buying a season ticket such a normal thing?

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

It's funny how having a season ticket is now a sign of loyalty. I managed for years without one, and I wasn't alone. A season ticket was for folk who wanted to sit in the same seat every week in the Dolman. Was it all-seater stadia that made buying a season ticket such a normal thing?

To someone who is either 12 or has a mental age of 12 this loyalty argument is a thing............................

Just now, Numero Uno said:

To someone who is either 12 or has a mental age of 12 this loyalty argument is a thing............................

...I was just thinking that shelling out £500 before the season starts wasn't remotely normal back in the day...whereas deciding to go on the spur of the moment, or buying a ticket at the turnstile and standing or sitting where you liked was what almost everyone did. No one would have questioned the loyalty of the folk queuing to buy a match day ticket. Would have been ridiculous suggestion.

Just now, Red Exile said:

...I was just thinking that shelling out £500 before the season starts wasn't remotely normal back in the day...whereas deciding to go on the spur of the moment, or buying a ticket at the turnstile and standing or sitting where you liked was what almost everyone did. No one would have questioned the loyalty of the folk queuing to buy a match day ticket. Would have been ridiculous suggestion.

For many people it's just the world we live in now where it is far easier to buy a season ticket without having to queue and even if you only go to say 17 of the 23 games you are better off financially these days. Back in the 80's you had huge queue's for POTD.

1 hour ago, onehowie said:

Really? So when one of my mates was made redundant not long before his wife was about to have a baby - does that  mean he wasn't a TRUE fan? Or is it other priorities.

Your superfan sentiment isnt a good look

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

For many people it's just the world we live in now where it is far easier to buy a season ticket without having to queue and even if you only go to say 17 of the 23 games you are better off financially these days. Back in the 80's you had huge queue's for POTD.

Agreed - but the rise of the season ticket has meant that at a club like City if 15k supporters pay £500 each for a season ticket they are collectively investing £7.5m. That's a fair bit of money for folk who get absolutely no say in how that money is invested. 

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Really? So when one of my mates was made redundant not long before his wife was about to have a baby - does that  mean he wasn't a TRUE fan? Or is it other priorities.

Your superfan sentiment isnt a good look

I presume it was aimed more at the ones who will only decide if they know who the manager is etc.  i.e. they could renew, but only want to if they get what they want.  Obviously the situation you refer to is not in any way related to club decisions and therefore the jibe wasn't aimed at your mate.

11 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I presume it was aimed more at the ones who will only decide if they know who the manager is etc.  i.e. they could renew, but only want to if they get what they want.  Obviously the situation you refer to is not in any way related to club decisions and therefore the jibe wasn't aimed at your mate.

Some people are waiting to renew in order to send a message to those higher up the food chain, however futile that may ultimately be, and that is their prerogative in a timescale SET BY THE FOOTBALL CLUB. More power to those who get excited and can't wait to renew the very first morning, no problem with that whatsoever and good for them, but people shouldn't get this idea that they are "loyals" and everyone else isn't.

28 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

It was exactly that. Want to be near your mates and family? A season ticket is the only way to guarantee that now.

Archived