IGNORED

So who’s going to renew or buy a new season ticket

Coombsy

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Some people are waiting to renew in order to send a message to those higher up the food chain, however futile that may ultimately be, and that is their prerogative in a timescale SET BY THE FOOTBALL CLUB. More power to those who get excited and can't wait to renew the very first morning, no problem with that whatsoever and good for them, but people shouldn't get this idea that they are "loyals" and everyone else isn't.

I never suggested otherwise.  Just pointing out the likely error in TTT's thinking.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, brad blit said:

At this current point I have no enthusiasm to waste my Saturdays watching this team.

BUT I know that (for 14th consecutive season) I will eventually stump up the money right before deadline when I panic and realise not much time left. 

Similar to me, but a few more years on.

I had become disillusioned and bored with watching City before the Covid outbreak and the past year has just shown me that being away from watching the games is not as big a deal as I once thought.

We have little or no effort and desire from those we are expected to pay and support in red at the moment, and unless we see a major shift in quality around the club it will be an easy decision not to renew this summer

Sport is very unique in that some people blindly renew their ticket without knowing what is on offer, if I knew a film was going to be so bad I certainly wouldn't be paying up front to book a seat to watch it

3 hours ago, Coombsy said:

I just renewed over the phone

So What Idk GIF by Adam Lambert

• Admin
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, it’s been a disappointing season and at one level I’m glad I wasn’t there to see it.

Have you forgotten about all those before that?

1 hour ago, onehowie said:

Any TRUE City fan would renew whatever.

Alert GIF by memecandy

Whilst I'm still annoyed about last night, the last few months, the current squad and the lack of direction at the moment, I'm feeling more confident that good news is around the corner (don't ask me why - perhaps it helps me sleep).

I do still believe that Landsdown will annouce something, ANYTHING, positive that will lift the mood and get people looking forward to next season (also because next season we can be positive that most of this squad will be long gone - that alone will be worth celebrating).

Or maybe I just can't believe that it could get much worse. 

I'll renew once we get more information about the next plan but more importantly when I'm feeling more comfirtable about COVID and the number of vaccinations.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Similar to me, but a few more years on.

I had become disillusioned and bored with watching City before the Covid outbreak and the past year has just shown me that being away from watching the games is not as big a deal as I once thought.

We have little or no effort and desire from those we are expected to pay and support in red at the moment, and unless we see a major shift in quality around the club it will be an easy decision not to renew this summer

Sport is very unique in that some people blindly renew their ticket without knowing what is on offer, if I knew a film was going to be so bad I certainly wouldn't be paying up front to book a seat to watch it

So What Idk GIF by Adam Lambert

I entirely agree with your second paragraph.

The club will need to reassure me by their actions on the management front for me to renew.

I've decided not to renew. Got a season ticket while I lived in Southville. Have now moved to BOA and given the last year I'd rather keep weekends free to see family and friends.

Given performances over the last 2 years I'm perfectly happy only going to a handful of home games when it suits and not feeling tied in to going.

Will return to my goal of completing the 92 and try tick a few more away grounds off for a nice weekend away. Atmosphere tends to be less toxic at away games and always makes a good day out.

I hope many more have realised how unimportant bristol city are in the grand scheme of life and how little we really matter to the club as fans nowadays and chose to spend the time and money more wisely 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, it’s been a disappointing season and at one level I’m glad I wasn’t there to see it. That said having fans at AG might well of had a positive effect, but who knows?

As far as the CEO role goes I don’t really care who gets appointed but I do care about who the manger is. 

Nahki Wells is definitely pleased we weren't there to see it. 

Can you imagine the grief he'd have gotten, especially after his vaccine nonsense and general demeanour. 

I was definitely going to renew but now I’m 50/50. Most years I just about break even compared to having a membership and POTD as I don’t make it to every game. 

Edit: Who am I kidding, of course I’ll renew, just hope we’ll get into at least November before I regret it

We all renewed yesterday,we have missed going to the games and having a few ciders,for us,Saturday’s are for football(or what ever day we happen to be playing these days),years ago we all played for the same team and it’s a social thing also.

• Admin
54 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

We all renewed yesterday,we have missed going to the games and having a few ciders,for us,Saturday’s are for football(or what ever day we happen to be playing these days),years ago we all played for the same team and it’s a social thing also.

4 minutes ago, ever-red said:

Not just about watching a game it's about meeting up with mates having a drink and having a laugh especially away games proper fans 

I would agree that I will miss the social side of things, but it has become apparent that that can just as easily be done without football

Luckily going to games is all about a day out and not just about what happens between 3pm and 5pm

3 hours ago, onehowie said:

Without getting too nostalgic, what exactly is it you're a fan of right now or the past few years? 

At the moment we seem to have more of the the plastic superficial bobbins but with less of the heart & spirit of the club. 

I don't know maybe its a covid no fans thing but finding it hard to get excited to shell out £1.5k on season tickets, might be more fun to pick & choose the games and do other things on the weekends.

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

At this current point I have no enthusiasm to waste my Saturdays watching this team.

BUT I know that (for 14th consecutive season) I will eventually stump up the money right before deadline when I panic and realise not much time left. 

This weekend you can waste Sunday instead ???

I renewed the first day I could. I've been a fan since 1976 but only purchased my first half season ticket when we played Man Utd. I played local football for many years so only went when I could and when I stopped playing it wasn't hard to get tickets, however when the Man Utd game came I realised for big games in the future it might not be so easy to get tickets so took the plunge and will continue to do so. I must say none of the tickets I have bought have said that entertainment and success is guaranteed though. 

39 minutes ago, Big C said:

I renewed the first day I could. I've been a fan since 1976 but only purchased my first half season ticket when we played Man Utd. I played local football for many years so only went when I could and when I stopped playing it wasn't hard to get tickets, however when the Man Utd game came I realised for big games in the future it might not be so easy to get tickets so took the plunge and will continue to do so. I must say none of the tickets I have bought have said that entertainment and success is guaranteed though. 

Entertainment now and again would be nice though.

Really don't want to get a ticket, as I really don't want to watch another year of directionless, Sunday morning standard football. The thing is I have missed pre-match with mates and calling the Ref a *** !.
The ONLY reason I will probably renew is the social side. I sit next to one mate I've known since Junior school, and regularly bump into mates who I used to knock around with when TC was in charge, that makes it hard to shake.
The club could make it easier by making a decision on our Manager, whoever they choose. But it feels like the call will come after the deadline, for what ever reason.

6 hours ago, onehowie said:

How do you work that one out?

You are less of a supporter if you don't buy a season ticket?

You pay far less than the supporter that chooses to pay in the day.

All it does is guarantee your seat.

I've done both.

Id rather pay the extra every game and choose which part of the ground I'd like to sit...either the cheap seats or hospitality.

It could be argued that season ticket holders are cheap skates as they want the discount. I'm not saying that...but against your reasoning...why not?

I've paid more to the club in a season buying weekly than having a season ticket, so by your reasoning I'm a 'Truer' ?? fan than you...ya cheapskate ?????

Yes I’ve renewed. We’re clearly going to be promoted next season! I was also hoping to win the first prize of a free season card but no such luck! I also wonder if capacity could still be restricted at some points in the season due to COVID rules and if so pay on the day could be limited. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, Big C said:

.... I realised for big games in the future it might not be so easy to get tickets

When you say "future" are you talking years, decades or millenniums?

Apart from all the plastics filling the ground for the United ties, and ignoring during the redevelopment of Ashton Gate have we had that many full houses this century? 

Add to that our capacity has increased now, games are always going to make general sale

I LOVE watching football live. If there's a game going on in the park I stop to watch. Ashton Gate is 15 minutes walk from my house and unlike the park has bars and seats! I take my son down, meet up with mates, chew the fat, have a beer and enjoy the game.

It honestly feels like a flipping bargain to me and I can't wait to get back.

Archived