IGNORED

So who’s going to renew or buy a new season ticket

Coombsy

Have renewed today on the strength that Pearson is now in place and will be sorting out the place out. In theory social distancing will end at the end of June but you can see there's a risk that restrictions will still be possible. On the other hand there's a risk of losing your seat if you don't. Sick and tired of what the last year has been so decided to just hope for the best and go for it.

Hope eh? A disease we all suffer from.

I have renewed on the basis I didn't want my old man going alone and the joy it brings him seeing his grandkids watching game with him. 

Personally I've not missed it one bit and I look at this team and see no connection what so ever. 

I've had a season ticket since 1989/1990 season. I must be in a minority but learnt the last year or so more to life than Bristol city. 

On 22/04/2021 at 13:53, onehowie said:

Any TRUE City fan would renew whatever.

Only true City fans are season ticket holders who renew no matter what? So... the rest are just glory hunters or something?

I'm renewing and getting error message 'deposit in use DepositId:' after confirming my delivery address details (prior to getting to the payment details page). Has anyone else had this issue and worked out how to get around it? Also, anyone know if the phone line is open today? I've been in a queue for 20 minutes and that whole time my queue position has been 12th! You would assume this confirms the line is open but I'm a bit sceptical having not progressed for 20 mins!

7 minutes ago, Zookeeper WSM said:

I'm renewing and getting error message 'deposit in use DepositId:' after confirming my delivery address details (prior to getting to the payment details page). Has anyone else had this issue and worked out how to get around it? Also, anyone know if the phone line is open today? I've been in a queue for 20 minutes and that whole time my queue position has been 12th! You would assume this confirms the line is open but I'm a bit sceptical having not progressed for 20 mins!

Bank holiday Monday....I don’t reckon they’ll be working.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bank holiday Monday....I don’t reckon they’ll be working.

I was 50:50 as to whether they would be but thought I'd give it a go as it's the day before the renewal deadline. Putting you in a queue that tells you your call will be answered soon and not getting a closed message should be a pretty good sign that they are open for any business! I progressed to 10th in the queue after 30 mins (unclear whether it's because of people dropping out or being answered). But then after 30 mins, got routed (without any choice in the matter) to someone's voicemail and no option to leave a message and cut off!

Tried to renew just now but seems TSB is down, got to the end but says unable to redeem another supporter's credit. Do not try to process again as it may be pending.

Issue being I can't check if it's pending on my tsb account as its down! Don't really fancy paying twice 

Serves me right for leaving it till the last minute I guess!

56 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Tried to renew just now but seems TSB is down, got to the end but says unable to redeem another supporter's credit. Do not try to process again as it may be pending.

Issue being I can't check if it's pending on my tsb account as its down! Don't really fancy paying twice 

Serves me right for leaving it till the last minute I guess!

Will need to call the club tomorrow and renew over the phone.

17 hours ago, Spoons said:

I have renewed on the basis I didn't want my old man going alone and the joy it brings him seeing his grandkids watching game with him. 

Personally I've not missed it one bit and I look at this team and see no connection what so ever. 

I've had a season ticket since 1989/1990 season. I must be in a minority but learnt the last year or so more to life than Bristol city. 

Know exactly how you feel Spoons, my first season ticket was 1986, and like you I’ve got used to not going to games, as you said, “more to life than Bristol City” and some of the joke footballers.

27 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Will need to call the club tomorrow and renew over the phone.

Thing is I'm working tomorrow and won't have any time to call them before 12. 

Have just contacted tsb It seems the issue is that the expiry date on the card payments isn't sticking when it is sent to the bank, not sure if it'll be the same for everyone or just those with tsb*

*edit - Successful payment with a different card/bank, seems to be a tsb issue 

46 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Based on what we've seen this season, that's still expensive...

It’ll be far better under Nige next season - it certainly can’t be any worse.......:disapointed2se:

Fans will be back and that’s got to make a difference.

6 hours ago, italian dave said:

As Nick Hornby famously said: hope is what millions of football fans start every season with. 90% are doomed to disappointment. ?

he made a half decent train set as well

4 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

We renewed a few weeks back

It's about so much more than the football.

But having bought my season ticket i feel less guilty about moaning. ?

I'm renewing because as you say it's so much more than the football. No season tickets then the club don't have the money to have the state of the art facilities and run an academy which gives an outlet to children from across the area and beyond. 

3 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I want to move to seats near friends  - can’t seem to do it online and when I call says number busy every time 

Not even a queuing system- absolute joke of a system online and telephone ? 

Pretty sure there are rules around keeping people on hold to a commercial line when they call isn't a freephone number.

For premium rate number, I have a feeling they have to give an engaged told if a call is unlikely to be answered withing 'x' amount of time, that time being extended for national rate numbers etc.

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pretty sure there are rules around keeping people on hold to a commercial line when they call isn't a freephone number.

For premium rate number, I have a feeling they have to give an engaged told if a call is unlikely to be answered withing 'x' amount of time, that time being extended for national rate numbers etc.

I think I rang 01179 - I hope so 

I think the volume of calls was too big for the queue perhaps 

Renewed for me and the kids late last night. 

It concerns me how many season tickets we’ll shift this year - not only following the pandemic (people no longer in the habit of going etc) but also our terrible form. 

Archived