IGNORED

So who’s going to renew or buy a new season ticket

Coombsy

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've got my old man. He is pretty juvenile.

We have decided to take a spot in the lower Lansdown. 

Does that mean you can’t leave early now.....? 

4 hours ago, ark_at_ee_mind said:

He's now of an age where he's obsessed with all things City, so tomorrow morning I shall be buying his and my first ever season cards and to say we're both excited about it is an understatement!  

COYR!

Don't worry - his (and your) excitement levels will soon reduce once he has done a full season watching us!

Not renewed mine this year ,first time for many many years, watched every single game this season on Robins TV, home, away and cup, and love City being an ex east End boy, however I now have mobility problems due to too many half marathons and playing squash for many years at the highest level, been down the Gate since the last season of big John Atyeo. Would love to purchase a season ticket for Robins TV and still keep watching every game, however I don't think that's possible, which is a big shame, I would purchase the ticket for the home games, and pay extra for the away or cup games, have also attended away games every season and loved it. Next season with NP should be good, he's the guy for the job IMO.

After taking my boy to 9 home matches in last couple of seasons and watching 1 win (first match together Sunderland 3-3, only win being 1-0 v Barnsley), I have managed to get a very keen young supporter. Last season we bought our first pair of Season tickets and renewed again this year. I am looking forward to watching NP build a team over the next couple of years and hopefully my boy can see some better results. COYR

7 hours ago, Red7 said:

You are indeed extremely lucky if your employee has paid you full pay :)
Let's hope City can serve us all up something much better next season.

I'm just hopeful that we will follow the likes of Reading and QPR who were down around the same position as us and finished in the top 10 this season or even better emulate Barnsley. What I don't want is to hear, as I heard this season is Perry Groves when  commentating on a City game on TALKSPORT continually saying how passive we are 

Renewed mine and my son’s.
After years of spending 80 minutes each game scraping the skin off my knees from the seat in front, and the final 10 minutes doing squats as I get up and down for people leaving, it’s time to leave the bright lights of E31 and head to W15. 

Blokes I go with have all renewed (5 of 'em in E33) and I will be getting two in due course.

I've not yet met anyone in my wider circle who haven't/won't renew if funds allow.

All down to NP being the man to pin the hopes on.

2 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Anyone know why season tickets aren’t available in central upper Lansdown? They being kept back for on the day tickets? 

I don't think they ever have been available there. It's ridiculous that the best seats in our best stand can't be had by way of SC/ST. (The best seats in the Lower Lansdown are given over to hospitality.)

7 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Most I know have renewed, albeit me and my lad have moved seats slightly. We’re now behind @SuperDziek and @not_for_you. Although the wife swears she’s gonna introduce him to S82 this season. Should do his vocabulary wonders . . . 

@CyderInACan

Your son could probably teach you a few of the latest!

I can remember using the "f" word as a very innocent thirteen year old but only with friends of the same age. I genuinely believed that it was a word that only children knew and used.

Imagine my astonishment when I first heard an adult use it in public, at Ashton Gate.

City were playing Nottingham Forest. I am on terrace in front of Cowshed by railings.

A goal kick to Forest. Ball flying through the air toward half way line near me and Dad. Doug Lishman of Forest shouts "Hold it George" to the 5ft nothing left winger, George Meek. Meek jumps as high as he could and the ball skims off his head to a City player.

Lishman screams at him "I said hold the fxxxxxx thing". I looked at Dad. Lots of men in the crowd were laughing. Some told Lishman to wash his mouth out. Dad said to me "Forget you heard that, it's not a nice word".

Puberty came to boys later then than now. It hadn't arrived for me so I regard this incident as the ending of my childhood innocence and the beginning of my adult life.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

@CyderInACan

I can remember using the "f" word as a very innocent thirteen year old but only with friends of the same age. I genuinely believed that it was a word that only children knew and used.

Imagine my astonishment when I first heard an adult use it in public, at Ashton Gate.

City were playing Nottingham Forest. I am on terrace in front of Cowshed by railings.

A goal kick to Forest. Ball flying through the air toward half way line near me and Dad. Doug Lishman of Forest shouts "Hold it George" to the 5ft nothing left winger, George Meek. Meek jumps as high as he could and the ball skims off his head to a City player.

Lishman screams at him "I said hold the fxxxxxx thing". I looked at Dad. Lots of men in the crowd were laughing. Some told Lishman to wash his mouth out. Dad said to me "Forget you heard that, it's not a nice word".

Puberty came to boys later then than now. It hadn't arrived for me so I regard this incident as the ending of my childhood innocence and the beginning of my adult life.

Great tale. I’m dreading what he’ll shout when we get back to AG!

9 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Most I know have renewed, albeit me and my lad have moved seats slightly. We’re now behind @SuperDziek and @not_for_you. Although the wife swears she’s gonna introduce him to S82 this season. Should do his vocabulary wonders . . . 

Presumably that’s to get away from me?

Just now, GrahamC said:

Pretty much behind me, when Gus has been sitting Graham.

And even if we moved blocks, we would still be able to hear you ?.

Both of my son's have missed your rants....

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Might actually be slightly closer to you! I’ve missed your mild-mannered appraisals of the officials this last year or so. Robins TV could do with a few canned phrases from you for playing when there’s a dodgy offside or blatant fouls that has been missed:whistle:

Just now, CyderInACan said:

Might actually be slightly closer to you! I’ve missed your mild-mannered appraisals of the officials this last year or so. Robins TV could do with a few canned phrases from you for playing when there’s a dodgy offside or blatant fouls that has been missed:whistle:

Think North Korean, sorry, Robins TV would rather concentrate on the “positives” though on many occasions they appear to be describing something completely different to what I am watching.

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

@CyderInACan

Little moments like that are magic. Things you remember forever

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

@CyderInACan

I made my "debut" in crackers corner in the mid fifties. They taught em young there!!

1 hour ago, marmite said:

I made my "debut" in crackers corner in the mid fifties. They taught em young there!!

My goodness, they used to give the "unable to forecast if he'd turn up that day" Wally Hinshelwood some stick. You also got a perfect view of the best defensive left back I've ever seen at City. The Threshing Machine!

@marmite

I fell out of love with the game even before Covid and didn't renew due to wanting to do something else with my Saturdays. Since covid I have got even more bored with football for me its not even about City doing badly this year(TV football is dull but better than nothing).

I'm excited to see Pearson take the reigns a actual manager with experience , I will not get a season ticket even if he gets backed properly . I loved being a season ticket holder but now I'm enjoying more active/personal hobbies. I look forward to attending as a casual supporter and will still follow City whether we are winning or losing.

My love for City hasn't not gone and I'm so thankful we have SL compared to Derby and the Owls owners...  If SL puts in as much effort as he has done with the rugby in recent years I don't see why we can't challenge for top 6 in the next two seasons( give Pearson time! Fans & SL).

I live in essex and tend to stay over i think its a bit of a rush to get a train back if the game over runs I remember a couple of years back charlton fans missed there last train they we’re trying to book into hotels but i think that was the exception if walking you have to get a hurry up as games seem to last longer nowadays hope thats of some help 

Not renewing for the fist time since 1994/95 season and only missing 3 league games since then. I have retired a few years early due to arthritis in my knees (I was a builders labourer ) so I need to be more careful how I waste my money. Missing the first home game of the season in 27 years is going to be very hard, CTID.

Archived