IGNORED

So who’s going to renew or buy a new season ticket

Coombsy

23 hours ago, walnutroof said:

Question for London based supporters, how feasible are midweek games for getting the last train back?

I used to get the last train back mid week. Was ok as long as there wasn’t a lot of added time and you were a fast walker. No tubes other end though so had to rely on nightbuses or taxi to get home.

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

That’s a shame, sit round nice people it’s a laugh. I went on my own years ago and got to know everyone.

Spot on. With a season ticket you can get to know the people around you, 99% are sound. 
On the other side, in our promotion year I didn't have a season ticket. Met mates in the pub but usually sat on my own in the Atyeo, just got absorbed in the games.
I know what you mean @Baldyman , specially if you don't get to the pub, but I'd look for an odd seat among STH and try a couple of games. You might change your mind at Xmas.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Spot on. With a season ticket you can get to know the people around you, 99% are sound. 
On the other side, in our promotion year I didn't have a season ticket. Met mates in the pub but usually sat on my own in the Atyeo, just got absorbed in the games.
I know what you mean @Baldyman , specially if you don't get to the pub, but I'd look for an odd seat among STH and try a couple of games. You might change your mind at Xmas.

Lots of people go on their own, if you sit next to nice people they will include you in their gang.

12 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Lots of people go on their own, if you sit next to nice people they will include you in their gang.

Or you could end up next to me, and have me apologise for my bad language every time City do something wrong........ #alot !  ?

You are right though. People want to share opinions and will talk to whoever is sat near. 

We went through our usual ritual of saying after each of the last 10 games that we would definitely not be wasting our money on this crap next season then ended up renewing like lambs to the slaughter.

It was a close call this year though and I hope that our loyalty is not misplaced.  It will be interesting to see how many we have lost as a result of the recent shambolic performances we have had to witness.

6 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Looking like tickets are selling well

Looking forward to seeing live football and meeting up with mates on match days 

Same here. Despite the crap being served up on the pitch I really missed the match day experience. It’s a new beginning and  I can hardly wait to get back next season.

59 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Seeing the crowds back this week has maybe convinced those who were wavering as to whether or not to buy a ST,  to now do so. 

Yes I must admit seeing and hearing crowds has whetted my appetite even more, I’d already renewed.

Interestingly a lot of the clubs are saying the tiny crowds are making as much noise as a full stadium. Imagine what a full stadium of football starved fans will sound like in August

Once I've sorted the 'work' situation, I'll get one.

Didn't have one last season as I thought it was a waste of money.

Made redundant last month, working my 3 month notice and they're talking about me staying on now so I'll wait and see before deciding.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Made redundant last month, working my 3 month notice and they're talking about me staying on now so I'll wait and see before deciding.

Fingers crossed you get sorted.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Fingers crossed you get sorted.

Thanks Dave, I don't want to leave and am too bloody old to job hunt anyway. Trying to prove invaluable and I'm humbled by the way the team I run have reacted to my redundancy, they've made the big boss rethink it. Genuinely humbled.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Everything crossed for you fella

On 10/05/2021 at 16:58, Desso said:

Just been updated. It's between 13 and 14 thousand.

I'm amazed. When you take into consideration all the negatives, last couple of years of awful football, the complete mess they made if injuries, ending up with 14 players OOC, people losing jobs and COVID in general I think that's good. 
I think Nige is a big factor, if we could maybe get a couple of good early signings it could get up around 15k , which would be brilliant.

43 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm amazed. When you take into consideration all the negatives, last couple of years of awful football, the complete mess they made if injuries, ending up with 14 players OOC, people losing jobs and COVID in general I think that's good. 
I think Nige is a big factor, if we could maybe get a couple of good early signings it could get up around 15k , which would be brilliant.

Getting to 15,000 would be phenomenal- the Nigel Pearson effect.....

Hopefully, having such numbers adds to what he can spend in the Transfer Window 

13 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Getting to 15,000 would be phenomenal- the Nigel Pearson effect.....

Hopefully, having such numbers adds to what he can spend in the Transfer Window 

The OS, just yesterday, said “over 11000” so it’s clearly nowhere near the 13-14000 mark so far.

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

The OS, just yesterday, said “over 11000” so it’s clearly nowhere near the 13-14000 mark so far.

That's probably all she wrote. Maybe there will be a mini rush near the start of the season as a few people realise they can't beat the addiction, or if they feel more confident about their employment prospects, or if we we sign three or four rated players.

17 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Hope everything works out to your liking.

I think if your going every week or the majority of season then a season ticket makes sense,an extra £25 for payments over 9 months still makes it the cheapest way to watch your team with a guaranteed seat with your mates ,I front loaded mine ( had a few quid spare ) and reduced monthly payments COYR 

Archived