IGNORED

If Pearson goes then who?

Top Robin

11 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

You may not like it, but it's definitely a choice we might need to make in 3 weeks.

Don't think he'll get the push but he could well walk.

The when would be just as important as the who. Pearson has already said himself a Summer appointment is too late for him and I don't see any reason to disagree if it was any other Manager. It's not just a player overhaul required, there are plenty of support staff who need their arses kicked out of it as well. If Steve doesn't fancy Pearson then he has to have his replacement pretty much lined up already. Wait 6 weeks and we are a dead man walking next season imo.

FWIW Pearson really is making all the right noises in his interviews and definitely comes across to me as someone who wants to give this a go. If that is the case he will have sounded out both players and staff already, no doubt about that. I've heard other Managers like Wilder mentioned and lets be sensible about this we could offer those types the job this afternoon and there's no way they will take it without waiting to see if better alternatives are going to be out there. You could be looking at the end of June to mid-July before they would even think about committing to us, if at all. They would be mad to do otherwise. That then leaves us with mediocre (i.e. fired) managers out of contract or in-contract managers like Robins/Appleton/Dog Botherer (don't rule anything out under this regime) and therefore won't be able to join us in the time required to identify and push through the necessary measures next season.........not to mention the associated compensation we have to pay before they even wipe the turd off their feet on the entrance matting.

15 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The when would be just as important as the who. Pearson has already said himself a Summer appointment is too late for him and I don't see any reason to disagree if it was any other Manager. It's not just a player overhaul required, there are plenty of support staff who need their arses kicked out of it as well. If Steve doesn't fancy Pearson then he has to have his replacement pretty much lined up already. Wait 6 weeks and we are a dead man walking next season imo.

FWIW Pearson really is making all the right noises in his interviews and definitely comes across to me as someone who wants to give this a go. If that is the case he will have sounded out both players and staff already, no doubt about that. I've heard other Managers like Wilder mentioned and lets be sensible about this we could offer those types the job this afternoon and there's no way they will take it without waiting to see if better alternatives are going to be out there. You could be looking at the end of June to mid-July before they would even think about committing to us, if at all. They would be mad to do otherwise. That then leaves us with mediocre (i.e. fired) managers out of contract or in-contract managers like Robins/Appleton/Dog Botherer (don't rule anything out under this regime) and therefore won't be able to join us in the time required to identify and push through the necessary measures next season.........not to mention the associated compensation we have to pay before they even wipe the turd off their feet on the entrance matting.

So pearson says a summer appointment is too late for him to prepare for next year, but every other manager would be mad to come to us before the summer?

1 minute ago, BOSRed said:

Dare I say it but lampard is on the look out again. Has some familiarity with some of our players, could be a big draw for some good players to want to play under him and fits the model SL ideally wants out of a manager/coach.

Another one who would no doubt wait and see what options he has......he will be in no rush to sign up at BS3 that's for sure. However it is a good point that he will have contacts (at Chelsea obviously) who can put some decent players our way......still doesn't address our other issues though (which he will probably not have a scooby about).

Just now, Simon bristol said:

So pearson says a summer appointment is too late for him to prepare for next year, but every other manager would be mad to come to us before the summer?

For the simple reason in someone like Wilders case there might (no, change that to WILL) be clubs with far less issues to sort out and who might offer him more money also wishing to speak to him. Bristol City really aren't a massive draw in the football world. This is my point, don't know whether you are deliberately misunderstanding or not, we cannot wait until the Summer for ANYONE.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

For the simple reason in someone like Wilders case there might (no, change that to WILL) be clubs with far less issues to sort out and who might offer him more money also wishing to speak to him. Bristol City really aren't a massive draw in the football world. This is my point, don't know whether you are deliberately misunderstanding or not, we cannot wait until the Summer for ANYONE.

Ok, i disagree with managers not wanting to be in place asap to assess what they have got and make plans for the new season, but thats your opinion, so thats cool.

i think from the outside we are actually a decent draw, everything is good on paper,, but its when you look deeper that you realise the politics and mismanagement within the club, and with ashton going that hopefully makes us more of an honest proposition.

I don't think Pearson will walk. I think he may not be offered the role but I don't see any reason for him to walk. I was making this point last night but, since Leicester, every job he has had has ended with a bit of question mark.

I think he is a good manager but I think he also knows he could do with a success on his CV and could really do without walking away from here with a potential record of (if we lose the last 3) 2 wins, 3 draws and 9 defeats from 14 games. I think he has everything to gain from sticking around and making it work. But I also fear he may not have got the results that will afford him the opportunity. 

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Ok, i disagree with managers not wanting to be in place asap to assess what they have got and make plans for the new season, but thats your opinion, so thats cool.

i think from the outside we are actually a decent draw, everything is good on paper,, but its when you look deeper that you realise the politics and mismanagement within the club, and with ashton going that hopefully makes us more of an honest proposition.

Personally I would go with Pearson but forgetting that argument whoever we appoint must be appointed as soon as is practically possible imo. We do not have the time for a "vigorous recruitment process".........not ideal but we have a huge mess to clear up.

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Have you seen his results at Ipswich. 

Same issues as Pearson I think...........

21 minutes ago, Super said:

We all know it will be Robins.

Woah!  I see a recruitment theme emerging here and there may be something in that.  Mark ROBINS fits in after having Mark ASHTON as CEO.   Perhaps the person that SL wants to bring in additional finance is Bill GATEs.....

If Pearson goes...only happen if SL does not offer him the job.  Let’s be fair,  with the opportunity of a summer to reshape the squad, and having seen the club, warts and all, he is ideally placed to rework it.  
what will a Alex Neill or a  Chris Wilder, or anyone else, know about our U23s and who can or cannot step up.   SL has to take counsel and sort this out sooner rather than later. But who does he take that from now, with MA starting to clear his desk...right royal **** up all round. My season ticket cash still stashed away until I see what happens..

35 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Personally I would go with Pearson but forgetting that argument whoever we appoint must be appointed as soon as is practically possible imo. We do not have the time for a "vigorous recruitment process".........not ideal but we have a huge mess to clear up.

Same issues as Pearson I think...........

Im not at all convinced by pearsons results, but i hold the players more responsible for this than pearson, agree though that the ceo and managers positions need to be sorted out as quickly as possible so that some plan is in place for next season.

Thanks to the OP for sharing yet more apocalyptic thoughts. You'd think the end of the world was nigh.

Yes, we're limping towards the end of the season but let's at least give the current manager a fair chance rather than blaming him for not dealing with the mess created by, depending on which other thread you read, Ashton, Lansdown, Johnson or Holden.

37 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

Woah!  I see a recruitment theme emerging here and there may be something in that.  Mark ROBINS fits in after having Mark ASHTON as CEO.   Perhaps the person that SL wants to bring in additional finance is Bill GATEs.....

More likely (D)ED WOODward.

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

Dare I say it but lampard is on the look out again. Has some familiarity with some of our players, could be a big draw for some good players to want to play under him and fits the model SL ideally wants out of a manager/coach.

Lampard might or might not be a good appointment - assuming he was remotely interested - but if I were Frank I'd be surprised to read that I fitted the Lansdown model...a man who has previously appointed Lee Johnson and Dean Holden. I'd like to think I had slightly more about me than that!

Archived