IGNORED

If Pearson goes then who?

Top Robin

4 minutes ago, big dosser said:

if i was sl i would not be impressed at the moment, yes its not np players but you should be able to get a tune out of them.

People are talking like Steve has been locked in a cage in Guernsey for three months and has just been let out to find the mess we are in. He will know exactly what the score is and why because he speaks with NP however many times per week. Not only that but he talks with Ashton however many times per day and If Pearson and Ashton get on like is rumoured then Steve will be hearing the same stuff twice anyway.

1 hour ago, Furious Custard said:

I think he will walk away from football all together. IF He hasn't got it in him to manage a convincing performance with a middling championship team against relegation fodder then where else can he go. 

I would love to know how you rate us as a middling championship team. And as to where else he could go well just watch how many clubs will want him if we blow our chance of signing up permanently.

37 minutes ago, big dosser said:

if i was sl i would not be impressed at the moment, yes its not np players but you should be able to get a tune out of them.

Why? When players are on the beach, they're on the beach and, if you hadn't noticed already, the modern footballer don't give a sh!t about anything but himself, by and large. 

50 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I would love to know how you rate us as a middling championship team. And as to where else he could go well just watch how many clubs will want him if we blow our chance of signing up permanently.

We are middling In the fact that we are not a big fish with top flight history or big money to spend from parachute payments. And we are not little like the like the Rotherhams and Wycombes. We are pretty middling at best due to the recent downturn this season. How do you rate us ? 

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

For the simple reason in someone like Wilders case there might (no, change that to WILL) be clubs with far less issues to sort out and who might offer him more money also wishing to speak to him. Bristol City really aren't a massive draw in the football world. This is my point, don't know whether you are deliberately misunderstanding or not, we cannot wait until the Summer for ANYONE.

I personally think Wilder would be a contender for the Leeds job. Bielsa has never stayed at a club for more than 2 years....He's already done 3 at Leeds. Bielsa to Tottenham ?

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Why? When players are on the beach, they're on the beach and, if you hadn't noticed already, the modern footballer don't give a sh!t about anything but himself, by and large. 

yes i think your right i have said before after boro and the swans it seems like they have down tools and i find that very sad and they are lucky we cant go and watch or maybe we are the lucky ones

42 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I personally think Wilder would be a contender for the Leeds job. Bielsa has never stayed at a club for more than 2 years....He's already done 3 at Leeds. Bielsa to Tottenham ?

Not a bad shout. He will certainly be offered better than us, at least for interview, that's for sure.

45 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

We are middling In the fact that we are not a big fish with top flight history or big money to spend from parachute payments. And we are not little like the like the Rotherhams and Wycombes. We are pretty middling at best due to the recent downturn this season. How do you rate us ? 

Based on performances this season and the state of our squad I would say in relegation mode not this season but next if major changes are not made to the squad. We might not be little in terms of fan base and ground but where it counts the quality our squad we are hopeless.

19 minutes ago, Flounder said:

I imagine it would be someone who nearly got the job last time and is available at the end of the season.

EA32D257-D5AA-4B08-A039-ABB529931CB0.jpeg

who the **** is that? 

Just had a read and seems to have performed a miracle with a double promotion into the Bundesliga followed by relegation but still a decent achievement. I'm still amazed people are talking about someone else. Pearson needs a transfer window at least.

3 hours ago, big dosser said:

If I was to give you a twelve string guitar with only three strings working what sort of tune can I expect?

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

So no evidence that he "nearly got the job", just that a bit of money went on him.

Apologies, my bad use of word. At the time there were rumours that he had been in discussions via Skype/ Zoom. He was all the rage for a week or so.

18 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Dare I say it but lampard is on the look out again. Has some familiarity with some of our players, could be a big draw for some good players to want to play under him and fits the model SL ideally wants out of a manager/coach.

"Frank Lampard's Bristol City"? No, thanks

I think it will be Pearson, despite results being poor I expect us to look at his track record & also that otherwise the time he has just spent sussing out the squad he inherited has been completely wasted.

Wilder is fantasy land stuff, he will get far better offers & I would be amazed if he was remotely interested.

Can’t see why Robins would be interested either, Coventry are pretty much safe now, are returning to their City next season & he would expect them to do as well as us, so why jump?

Of those available & realistic Alex Neil is the only one who comes to mind, has a promotion to The Prem on his CV, did a good job with one of the divisions smaller clubs but having said that, I still expect it to be Pearson.

Archived