IGNORED

Palmer last night

Jerseybean

Having had time to calm down the over riding question I’m left with is why did Palmer decide to raise his arm to the ball leading to a clear penalty? Specially given there were four City players behind him.

The only possible explanation I can come up with is that he’s looking for a move to Wycombe Wanderers at the end of this season!  

As per the chat about him in the matchday thread, when he's already struggling to win a place in the team, the last thing he needed for his own sake was to single 'handedly' lose the game with a minute of madness.

Also worth noting that Vyner could have given a penalty away moments earlier when he hacked a leg at a jinking Akinfenwa (I know!) A less robust striker would have gone down and rightly won a pen.

I found it a tad disappointing that KP had a look of pure disbelief and incredulity on his face when the ref pointed to the spot!  To be fair, if I were ever good enough to be appearing in a televised match and had the misfortune of clearly chucking my arm at the ball, I'd like to think I'd look at the ref and give him a "It's a fair cop, Guv" look........and then apologise to my team mates.  

Don't any pro footballers EVER acknowledge that they've made a complete balls-up?  I can't imagine how Mr Palmer thought his protestations of complete innocence would get the ref to say "Nah, you're right, mate.  No Penalty".  

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

As per the chat about him in the matchday thread, when he's already struggling to win a place in the team, the last thing he needed for his own sake was to single 'handedly' lose the game with a minute of madness.

Also worth noting that Vyner could have given a penalty away moments earlier when he hacked a leg at a jinking Akinfenwa (I know!) A less robust striker would have gone down and rightly won a pen.

I know you questioned it yourself... but jinking Akinfenwa? Jesus. Have we got that bad?

I bet he jinks like that boat that jammed up the Suez Canal. 

32 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Having had time to calm down the over riding question I’m left with is why did Palmer decide to raise his arm to the ball leading to a clear penalty? Specially given there were four City players behind him.

The only possible explanation I can come up with is that he’s looking for a move to Wycombe Wanderers at the end of this season!  

What he tried to do, stupidly but there you go, was chest the ball down knowing Stockdale was Donald Ducked so he could launch it up the pitch for Janneh or whoever to win a foot race and win us the game.

Daft but that explains what he did.

16 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I found it a tad disappointing that KP had a look of pure disbelief and incredulity on his face when the ref pointed to the spot!  To be fair, if I were ever good enough to be appearing in a televised match and had the misfortune of clearly chucking my arm at the ball, I'd like to think I'd look at the ref and give him a "It's a fair cop, Guv" look........and then apologise to my team mates.  

Don't any pro footballers EVER acknowledge that they've made a complete balls-up?  I can't imagine how Mr Palmer thought his protestations of complete innocence would get the ref to say "Nah, you're right, mate.  No Penalty".  

I remember Flinty either fouling or handling in the area and immediately picking the football up to ensure the ref gave a penalty! 

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I know you questioned it yourself... but jinking Akinfenwa? Jesus. Have we got that bad?

I couldn't believe what I was seeing to be honest!

Palmer’s ‘moment of madness’ was just a measure of the total meltdown the team had when Akinfenwa arrived on the scene. 

Our penalty box resembled the women’s underwear section of M&S on sales day (so my partner tells me). 

55 minutes ago, BCFC OF HUSKVARNA said:

No one from his last 5 managers want him in the team. Im thinking about Chelsea, Swansea, LJ, Holden and Nigel. Time for him to go to League One?

The only stand out game he’s had for us was against Northampton, think we’ve seen enough now to know why. 

48 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I know this is gonna sound weird, but he’s quite nimble on his feet, in a dainty way for a “wide load”! ???

12 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Kasey Palmer?

More like Lazy Palmer or (based on that stupid handball) Crazy Palmer.

Remember the last win at Brum & how outstanding Palmer was & then in 3 out of our last 4 he’s been sub.  Gregor says he was struggling with hip injury but Is it just not selected? Love KP but last night was a disgrace and unforgivable & even I am losing patience with him 

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Palmer’s ‘moment of madness’ was just a measure of the total meltdown the team had when Akinfenwa arrived on the scene. 

Our penalty box resembled the women’s underwear section of M&S on sales day (so my partner tells me). 

Partner?

Sounds more like your defence solicitor to me..

Archived