IGNORED

Akinfenwa V Fam !

DT The Optimist

Having read some very amusing comments on the thread 'Palmer last night' the description of  Akinfenwa 'jinking' through our defence got me thinking...  who would you rather have in your first 11...Akinfenwa or Fam..

While Akinfenwa is the size of three barns he has always terrorised us (and many  other teams,) and  when he came on with 11 minutes to go I thought 'here we go again...'    and it was.

A monster of a player. Some players should take a leaf out of his book...

I’d have Bob the Builder up front ahead of Famara at the moment. He doesn’t want to be here and has sacked it in.

While I take your point let’s still be careful to remember, though, the volume of goals he’s scored at this level and that when he’s on it he’s a decent player at this level.

Last night Akinfenwa, at 38, scored his first ever goal in the second tier.

2 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I’d have Bob the Builder up front ahead of Famara at the moment. He doesn’t want to be here and has sacked it in.

While I take your point let’s still be careful to remember, though, the volume of goals he’s scored at this level and that when he’s on it he’s a decent player at this level.

It was tongue in cheek !! But when the ball gets to him, it sticks.. I think he is three times the player Fam is currently, in more ways than one..

Akinfenwa is ridiculous, all he does is foul & has somehow made a reputation as some sort of minor celebrity due to his size.

Well done on scoring a penalty but he’s a joke player.

Both Diedhiou & Wells need to go but their careers absolutely piss all over Akinfewa’s.

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Having read some very amusing comments on the thread 'Palmer last night' the description of  Akinfenwa 'jinking' through our defence got me thinking...  who would you rather have in your first 11...Akinfenwa or Fam..

While Akinfenwa is the size of three barns he has always terrorised us (and many  other teams,) and  when he came on with 11 minutes to go I thought 'here we go again...'    and it was.

A monster of a player. Some players should take a leaf out of his book...

Lee Tomlin tried, but he only got up to the second chapter before he ran out of pies pages.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Akinfenwa is ridiculous, all he does is foul & has somehow made a reputation as some sort of minor celebrity due to his size.

Both Diedhiou & Wells need to go but their careers absolutely piss all over Akinfewa’s.

I agree with you, but have to appreciate how he's parsed a career from such meagre talent- and you could see from his attitude last night how he's done it.

Type 2 diabetes may be a more worrying foe for him in the future though.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Completely agree. Akinfenwa can barely walk let alone run. Terrible player but we still somehow made him look like he had an ounce of skill.

10 hours ago, The Journalist said:

I'd rather have Wendy up front.

The worrying thing is, we made Akinfenwa look good when he came on.

He's got a turning circle like the ship that blocked the Suez Canal recently, has about as much pace as my dead old nan (RIP) but we made him look like Messi!!

A lot of his game is his physique, just don't give him space, keep tight, and if he touches you go down. 7/10 times you'll probably end up with a free kick.

Also don't handball it so bloody stupidly and give him a penalty, but that's a different subject again....

Fammy who has scored 50 goals at this level or Akinfenwa who has scored one 'goal' at this level. Against us from a penalty - should that even count these days as we are that bad?! The guy is incredibly limited hence why he has never featured at this level before (except by accident essentially due to Wycombe's strange promotion).

Obviously Fammy hasn't been great for past few months and he's off (not a good enough reason for being shite lately IMO) but there is no contest overall. The worst is Wells whose contract isn't even up and looks like he plays for the Gas.

36 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Fammy who has scored 50 goals at this level or Akinfenwa who has scored one 'goal' at this level. Against us from a penalty - should that even count these days as we are that bad?! The guy is incredibly limited hence why he has never featured at this level before (except by accident essentially due to Wycombe's strange promotion).

Obviously Fammy hasn't been great for past few months and he's off (not a good enough reason for being shite lately IMO) but there is no contest overall. The worst is Wells whose contract isn't even up and looks like he plays for the Gas.

I genuinely do not see lack of effort from Wells.  Who was it that bust a gut to sprint 20 yards past Fam, who’d lost the ball and stood hands on hip watching everyone else?

I do see frustration, from being played out of position.  I do see a player struggling for form.

But I’m not questioning his effort in any way comparable to Fam.

Not sure why you would compare the two?

Akinfenwa's total transfer value in 20 years is £90000 and Fam's is £7million. Your man has clearly played at a higher level and scored more goals at a higher level.

When he signed for us in 2016 I was livid that we would sign a gimmick of a player as a PR stunt and a way of selling merchandise. How wrong was I.

He's been outstanding for us until his injury last year, scoring 54 goals in 175 games. Taking his total to 214 goals in Lge One and Two.

His time is up but he's left his mark in the Football League. 215 goals and numerous assists, very few players can match those highlights.

His time at Wycombe will not be remembered for the goals though or the assists, it will be remembered for what he brings to the team, the club, the fans, the community and most of all his family. His positivity and happy outlook in life mirrors our manager and many of our players, which is why we continue to punch miles above our 3.5-4 million wage budget.

Best of luck next season, hopefully we will be back in years to come.

Archived