IGNORED

Bentley Interview

Numero Uno

In Daniel's opinion the players should be giving their all and fighting over every blade of grass whatever the situation of the season........

I completely agree with him and couldn't for one nano-second question his particular commitment to the cause, he clearly has the personal pride, self motivation and professionalism required to maximise his career as far as it can go and I for one wouldn't begrudge him any success he achieves and money he earns in the future, it's the fact this even has to be said that's galling.

And Pearson says he is a 'Solutions-based' manager. I am vaguely interested in what Bentley, other players, even a few fans have to say but i am really only interested to hear what the coach has to say; He will demand a solution to the worst run of football in recent years and i need to see signs of a solution from a decent bunch of players he inherited. Johnson and Holden got much better fending, more creative football and more pride out of this squad than we have seen from Pearosn.

Give us a solution and there is no easier game in the Championship than Luton at home at 1.00 on Sunday

Pearson says he was angry the other night and he better believe i will be extremely angry if he doesnt find a solution over these few days and that we see it on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

And Pearson says he is a 'Solutions-based' manager. I am vaguely interested in what Bentley, other players, even a few fans have to say but i am really only interested to hear what the coach has to say; He will demand a solution to the worst run of football in recent years and i need to see signs of a solution from a decent bunch of players he inherited. Johnson and Holden got much better fending, more creative football and more pride out of this squad than we have seen from Pearosn.

Give us a solution and there is no easier game in the Championship than Luton at home at 1.00 on Sunday

Pearson says he was angry the other night and he better believe i will be extremely angry if he doesnt find a solution over these few days and that we see it on the pitch.

Agreed, bring back Johnson and we can waste 4 more years ?

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's tomorrow. Gregor tweeted the update earlier. But yes it's usually on a Friday, even for Sunday games.

I think we should read into that that something BIG is happening behind the scenes... Mainly because following City is so bleak at the moment and I'm clutching for something positive.

48 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

You mean the same Luton who a Dean Holden XI lost to earlier this season? Or maybe you're referring to an LJ XI that got dicked 3-0 by Luton last term?

Luton are exactly the type of team we've struggled against under LJ, DH and now NP. We don't have a team; we have a handful who care (Bentley being one) and a bunch of self-serving individuals with no pride, desire or self-motivation to put in a collective performance. 

Looks like you'll be angry again. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

In Daniel's opinion the players should be giving their all and fighting over every blade of grass whatever the situation of the season........

Sadly too easy for any player to say this in an interview and not back it up on the pitch (not that DB is in that list)

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

I bet he’s quaking in his boots.

37 minutes ago, tin said:

You mean the same Luton who a Dean Holden XI lost to earlier this season? Or maybe you're referring to an LJ XI that got dicked 3-0 by Luton last term?

Luton are exactly the type of team we've struggled against under LJ, DH and now NP. We don't have a team; we have a handful who care (Bentley being one) and a bunch of self-serving individuals with no pride, desire or self-motivation to put in a collective performance. 

Looks like you'll be angry again. 

Yes, but Pearson has been here a couple of months, had no transfer window, has 2 previous coaches’ players & loads injured or clearly are unable to be motivated.

Why hasn’t he sorted it out yet?

?

18 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Always speaks well Bentley. Quite enjoy his interviews. Wouldn't be against giving him captaincy, but it depends if he want's to deal with the off the field side of things that captains often do. 

Link for anyone that wants to read it. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/we-must-be-fired-up-for-every-game-bentley-keen-to-end-campaign-strongly/

I do not think any one on here will knock Bentleys commitment week in and week out. NP would have drilled commitment into the team for the last 5 or 6 so weeks. There could be something deeper going on between the players we are not aware of. In regards to Bentley I think a goalie always makes a good captain. Look at Shilts, Dino Zoff and others

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

I do not think any one on here will knock Bentleys commitment week in and week out. NP would have drilled commitment into the team for the last 5 or 6 so weeks. There could be something deeper going on between the players we are not aware of. In regards to Bentley I think a goalie always makes a good captain. Look at Shilts, Dino Zoff and others

Dino Zoff was made captain of Italy because traditionally, the captain is the oldest player. They don't view captaincy as anything special. 

Shilton...wasn't as good as Clemence. And should have been given the boot years earlier.

10 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Dino Zoff was made captain of Italy because traditionally, the captain is the oldest player. They don't view captaincy as anything special. 

Shilton...wasn't as good as Clemence. And should have been given the boot years earlier.

How about Ray Cashley. you will remember him if you are old enough 

56 minutes ago, City oz said:

Only thinking about Bentley as a captain last night having watched his interview. ??

19 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Between winding down contracts, not wanting to pull through youth into games where others are being completely unprofessional (chucked in at the deep end), I don't see what Pearson can do. Being honest. 

Even players at the club for next season - Pearson may not be, so what power and investiture from the board does he actually have? 

Add in injuries, there's simply no easy solution for him, I don't think there's one at all until the summer, where he can then make - his own and desperately needed - appointments - if he's even here at that point. 

Theres no man-management or motivational solution to be had. 

If they were a decent bunch of players, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

Archived