IGNORED

SL and NP meet at last.

Slacker

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

Read that how you like but im more in the NP  is off camp now.think it may have been a bit too much for SL to hear the brutal truth about his beloved football club and wont have it that he needs a total restructure form top to bottom.  beneficial to NP in knowing that he cant have anything like what he NEEDS to turn us round into a play off team

Sorry, but I don't believe thst a man who helped build a multi-million pound business from nothing is unable to listen to advice from his employees.

I know of at least one senior figure "within the game" who has advised Lansdown to disregard recent results and give Pearson a continuing contract to allow him to rebuild the team.

Sadly, what I or no one else knows, is whether Steve will take such advice.

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

Pearson said: “It was great to meet Steve in person and something I was looking forward to. It was a very open and honest conversation and we discussed various aspects of the club which was beneficial to both of us.”

Read that how you like but im more in the NP  is off camp now.think it may have been a bit too much for SL to hear the brutal truth about his beloved football club and wont have it that he needs a total restructure form top to bottom.  beneficial to NP in knowing that he cant have anything like what he NEEDS to turn us round into a play off team

couldnt agree more. I think we have to look at life beyond Pearson. "open and honest" is needed, but I'm not sure it'd be listened to. 

11 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Multi billion *

I should have just said "rich" 

11 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I read the OS very carefully then re-read it.

I'm pretty sure what it meant, reading between the lines, is that SL & NP met yesterday.

I think that's a risky inference

31 minutes ago, S_C said:

Fans are so frustrating.

They just whine. Just whine into the void incessantly. This is what you wanted, an update when there’s either nothing really to update you on or the club aren’t willing to update you. So here you are, here’s your there’s no real update update.

Seems pretty clear Pearson wants the job, as it seems pretty clear Lansdown is asking him, justifiably, to explain why things haven’t gone as well as expected.

As things stand I imagine he’ll be announced longer term as soon as we’re mathematically safe. That way the club, even if results are still poor, can take a fresh era, clean slate, be part of cleaning out the deadwood season ticket selling angle.

Even if we lose every remaining game guaranteeing survival will be a huge relief, Pearson can start the proper tough talking, fans will be swept up, in part through relief. Why waste the one thing that fans are clinging to in this mess of a season, why would you possibly announce it after an injury time 2-1 loss vs Wycombe.

I would be absolutely stunned if Pearson and Lansdown/the club have not made a decision either way.

To be fair, the people who wanted a communication and the people who are rejecting this communication are not the same people. 
I for one, am happy that they’ve clarified that a F2F meeting has now taken place. It was a ridiculous elephant in the room that Steve stupidly brought on himself with his podcast comment the other week. 

2 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Nige will be appointed by Monday I think, if not sooner- and that “face to face” would’ve been SL being told how, who and why Nige was going to do what he plans to make us better. (We can’t be much worse). 

We're a High Performance club

That drive High Performance cars

We store High Performance s.a.u.c.e in our High Performance jars

At a High Performance Centre with our High Performance mentor

Thanks to Steve our HP Czar!!!

Could be a lot to sort out NP lays out his plan and what needs to change SL takes it all away then comes back with what is possible and affordable. Dof or Ceo who and how it works for NP. Coaches who stays who goes paying up contracts who NP wants in how much it would cost . Medical staff is there a problem with it does it need replacing completely or just adjusting. Players who stays who goes. How much money has NP got to spend . Lots to discuss not going to be a “Do you want the job” “Yes please” shake hands on to next season 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Is it possible to fly in, land the helicopter at SL’s house, have a chat, and fly back?

As of yesterday it was possible to fly to Guernsey for business purposes.

https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/travel/business

Also yesterday a private plane left Bristol flying school (owned by SL) to fly to Guernsey early afternoon and returned at about 3 hours later.  

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CLF509/history/20210423/1300Z/EGGD/EGJB

All adds up to the meeting being in Guernsey yesterday

Its the waiting that wears you down... while my hard earned is in my piggy bank still before I do the thing for next seasons ST, I cannot really see anything other than NP TBH.

While results are the usual crap I do not lay that on NP doorstep.  I think you could have Pep or anyone  and  you would still same thing result wise with what's available.. I am sure that will be in the minds of all.  

But as we all know its a results business... with no matter what you have got to put out...   announcement by Monday ? 

37 minutes ago, pjg11 said:

Could be a lot to sort out NP lays out his plan and what needs to change SL takes it all away then comes back with what is possible and affordable. Dof or Ceo who and how it works for NP. Coaches who stays who goes paying up contracts who NP wants in how much it would cost . Medical staff is there a problem with it does it need replacing completely or just adjusting. Players who stays who goes. How much money has NP got to spend . Lots to discuss not going to be a “Do you want the job” “Yes please” shake hands on to next season 

I would have thought his brief when NP first joined was to have a good look at all aspects and identify what needs improving, changing and how he would deal with it as well as timescales 

SL then needs to review and agree or not on strategy and budget going forward 

20 minutes ago, Port Red said:

As of yesterday it was possible to fly to Guernsey for business purposes.

https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/travel/business

Also yesterday a private plane left Bristol flying school (owned by SL) to fly to Guernsey early afternoon and returned at about 3 hours later.  

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CLF509/history/20210423/1300Z/EGGD/EGJB

All adds up to the meeting being in Guernsey yesterday

This is true. Very possible that Steve didn’t fly in last week and that Nige flew out yesterday. 

E0009931-0F7D-41B4-880C-8F3761701641.jpeg

3 hours ago, Olé said:

As we can only speculate I see this a very different way to those who say this is a positive sign.

It there was a deal to be done I don't think you need to rush this non-story out. However if there isn't a deal to be done and you feel there is a risk of NP speaking off the cuff in his press conference later today about it, then rushing out a non-story like this is precisely what you do to "get ahead of the story" and plant the seed that you've done your best.

Just how I'm reading it...

The only reason I disagree is because, if that were true, I am not sure how they would have managed to get Pearson to sign off on his quotes in the story.

The fact that Pearson is quoted shows it is a joint statement so it can’t be the club trying to spin for their side. Theoretically both sides could have agreed it was useful to put the groundwork out so fans would know why a decision was not reached but I am not sure what is in it for Pearson if so...

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Sorry, but I don't believe thst a man who helped build a multi-million pound business from nothing is unable to listen to advice from his employees.

Perhaps he listened too much to one man, and that man has shafted him recently.

To me it seems simple and im not sure if anyone else has mentioned. Its taking a bit of time to make an announcement as NP does not want to manage a L1 side (as hes prob got interest from other champ clubs) and SL doesn't want to pay NP champ managers wages if were in L1. So, nothing doing till were mathematically safe. Of course, the players have their own agenda so its being drawn out!! For all those saying NP hasn't done anything, i understand his brief as "temp manager" was to keep us up, a difficult task given the circumstances and he's almost done it. If/once he's given a longer contract, you just watch things change!!

1 hour ago, Harry said:

This is true. Very possible that Steve didn’t fly in last week and that Nige flew out yesterday. 

E0009931-0F7D-41B4-880C-8F3761701641.jpeg

Well- if Steve didnt send him in his or Peter Hargreaves private Jets kept at Lulsgate- If I was NP- Id be pretty miffed and wonder if there's no budget for a transfer from Bristol to Guernsey then, well.... you just sort of work out  that maybe its a message about transfers.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Is it possible to fly in, land the helicopter at SL’s house, have a chat, and fly back?

Is that part of the courtroom scene from My Cousin Vinny?

"Is it possible to fly in, land the helicopter at SL’s house, have a chat, and fly back in the time it takes to cook your grits?"

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I know of at least one senior figure "within the game" who has advised Lansdown to disregard recent results and give Pearson a continuing contract to allow him to rebuild the team.

Sadly, what I or no one else knows, is whether Steve will take such advice.

I assume SL will take advice from many places in the game and if that advice is all the same making up his own mind won't be difficult, if the advice is different then it's harder to decide.

I for one hope the advice is all the same but if its not then heed tails of caution wisely.

Archived