IGNORED

SL and NP meet at last.

Slacker

It sounds to me like a lot rests on the next three games. 

NP has said that he understands performances haven’t been good enough and I would think that SL has told him that he wants to see improvement on the pitch before making that contract commitment. 

i can understand that, sounds sensible to me.  It’s a massive leap of faith otherwise and there’s a lot of (his) money resting on this decision, and  of course a massive influence on the future of the team given that there will be big change over this summer n terms of players.  

I would imagine that improvement has been what SL has been waiting for and why we haven’t had a decision yet.  Had that happened, it would have made his decision a lot easier.  For whatever reason, and there are no doubt lots of them, it hasn’t yet and while there are tentative signs it may be.coming, SL probably wants to see more evidence. I would if I were in his position- he has got to get this one right. 

1 hour ago, SouthS22 said:

It sounds to me like a lot rests on the next three games. 

NP has said that he understands performances haven’t been good enough and I would think that SL has told him that he wants to see improvement on the pitch before making that contract commitment. 

i can understand that, sounds sensible to me.  It’s a massive leap of faith otherwise and there’s a lot of (his) money resting on this decision, and  of course a massive influence on the future of the team given that there will be big change over this summer n terms of players.  

I would imagine that improvement has been what SL has been waiting for and why we haven’t had a decision yet.  Had that happened, it would have made his decision a lot easier.  For whatever reason, and there are no doubt lots of them, it hasn’t yet and while there are tentative signs it may be.coming, SL probably wants to see more evidence. I would if I were in his position- he has got to get this one right. 

Not sure what the significance is of the performance of an injury affected squad, containing many OOC players, with the others not chosen by NP, playing in three dead games at the fag end of a Covid affected season.

Personally wouldn't weigh any of that against NP's record over the years. 

Time to stop messing about and get on with it.

6 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Not sure what the significance is of the performance of an injury affected squad, containing many OOC players, with the others not chosen by NP, playing in three dead games at the fag end of a Covid affected season.

Personally wouldn't weigh any of that against NP's record over the years. 

Time to stop messing about and get on with it.

I completely agree with the sentiment here, but I do think that what NP said about results and performances not having been good enough is significant. I still think that SL will believe that these players are better than they are and that therefore NP should have got more out of them.

Aside from that, I also think there is a lot for both parties to think about before a long term commitment is made. Pearson wouldn’t even know who his direct line manager would be if he took the job. Who would sort out contracts, transfers etc.? With all these unknowns I can see why nobody has committed to anything yet. They need to get on with it all though because we are utterly rudderless at the moment and a lot needs sorting quickly. 

19 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I completely agree with the sentiment here, but I do think that what NP said about results and performances not having been good enough is significant. I still think that SL will believe that these players are better than they are and that therefore NP should have got more out of them.

Aside from that, I also think there is a lot for both parties to think about before a long term commitment is made. Pearson wouldn’t even know who his direct line manager would be if he took the job. Who would sort out contracts, transfers etc.? With all these unknowns I can see why nobody has committed to anything yet. They need to get on with it all though because we are utterly rudderless at the moment and a lot needs sorting quickly. 

I think we are mainly agreement. Personally would prefer they appoint Pearson and then sort out a CEO later. I hope that we aren't looking for a direct Ashton replacement - seemed more important than the manager. Mind you, Johnson and Holden were Head Coaches. Pearson is the Manager.

Therefore think we need to get NP in and then find someone to fill in the gaps. All that is needed is a little flexibility in thinking, but if we are going for an Ashton clone and a Head Coach we are sunk.

Archived