IGNORED

If Derby don’t win this afternoon ......

Denbury Red

2 suprising wins v Boro and Swansea saved our season and who-ever is our manager next season has one hell of a job to do.

Safe at last and now time to dump the dead wood and see what else we have left in the locker. NP has a few free hits to find out.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Christ alive City.

What a season.

Ain't that the truth!

Draw a line under it for now. Covid, daft manager appointment and the catastrophic injury situation, all made it hopefully a one-off.  The injury situation can never be allowed to happen again and heads have to roll. On the plus side, some players got many more appearances than expected and will be much the better for it.

3 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

How many of us are now Team Rotherham just to see Wayne Rooney’s Derby in league one. 

Would love Wayne Rooney’s Derby to go down.

Would have to feel a bit sorry for them though, as they'd still miss out on their big day out against the gas.

3 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

How many of us are now Team Rotherham just to see Wayne Rooney’s Derby in league one. 

Think it would be brilliant if Sheffield Weds and WRDC, both of whom had ‘financial irregularities’ got relegated. Tried to cheat and still failed, ha!

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

A polite gentleman. Good lad. 

I agree. A gazillion pounds in parachute payments does make a return to the Premier League an outstanding achievement. I can barely believe it. 

And with a number of clubs constantly yo yo-ing (Fulham, Watford, Norwich, West Brom) the dream for clubs like ours is getting more and more remote every season.

Well done Birmingham for keeping Derby in the mire. I so hope they go down. 
But how about Brum’s form since Bowyer took over. Won 5, Drawn 2, Lost 1. 
The 1 loss being away at a rampant Watford. 
Hats off to Bowyer. 

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

And with a number of clubs constantly yo yo-ing (Fulham, Watford, Norwich, West Brom) the dream for clubs like ours is getting more and more remote every season.

Is there anything to stop the EFL implementing a salary cap for any team participating in the Championship? 

A cap that is higher than any 'normal' Championship club would want to (or could with FFP) spend, but one which forces Prem clubs to cut their cloth and have relegation clauses with their players, and then prevents them splashing all of their parachute money.

I appreciate it might serve to prevent teams in the lower reaches of the Prem breaking into the higher reaches as some players won't sign relegation clauses, but that's not really the EFLs problem to fix. 

What a horrendous season for a number of reasons! I genuinely hope NP stays and builds some sort of squad over the next few seasons... whatever happens I feel like it’s going to require a fair amount of patience from fans!

Unless my maths are wrong, in the worst case scenario then at least one of Derby and Sheffield Wednesday are now guaranteed to drop.

I'd really like it to be both but one of them going down is a decent result at worst- indeed quite possible if they do, that Sheffield Wednesday will go down by 6 pts or less- which if we recall was their final deduction once their Appeal had been heard- seems odd to reduce by 6, 1 or 2 at most if mitigation using the Birmingham precedent but anyway...the system (sometimes) works.

Both have charges over their Grounds and more in Derby's case- if relegated, the Revenue would drop but the Loan Repayments/Interest and due dates etc (unless Alonso/Morris pay it all off with takeover)- if not, this wouldn't- Shame eh!! ??

Archived