IGNORED

Match day thread Luton Town

Morning all , today’s match is against the mighty Hatters ,who with a smaller budget and awful ground are guaranteed to finish above us even with our HPC.

Its safe to say that Nige has faced a bigger challenge than he probably expected. Personally I’m astounded by the apathy of some of the players, there are going to be several who are going to be being paid less next year or unemployed. Would you be signing any of our out of contract players ? I wouldn’t.

SL presumably has made a decision on if NP will be offered a contract for next year. With the potential turnaround of players if it’s an affirmative I wish he’d get on with it. 

Who knows what the squad will be today as I’m convinced NP doesn’t feel he has any other options than to continue with what has been picked previously.

Personally can’t wait for this season to end and a clear out to begin.

To end on a positive ,it could be worse just have a drive up Muller rd to see where you could be watching league 2.

Edited by Coolrunnings
Fact
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's how the Post see the team:

Predicted Bristol City XI: Bentley; Hunt, Vyner, Kalas, Rowe; Lansbury, Bakinson, Nagy; Semenyo, Diedhiou, Wells (Post prediction)

Personally, I'll be bloody furious if that's the team. What's the point? Diedhiou's leaving, might as well play one of the kids. As for Hunt - he's been caught out so many times, surely there's someone else? Vyner and put someone else in at CB? FFS

• Like 7

Just now, SecretSam said:

Predicted Bristol City XI: Bentley; Hunt, Vyner, Kalas, Rowe; Lansbury, Bakinson, Nagy; Semenyo, Diedhiou, Wells (Post prediction)

Personally, I'll be bloody furious if that's the team. What's the point? Diedhiou's leaving, might as well play one of the kids. As for Hunt - he's been caught out so many times, surely there's someone else? Vyner and put someone else in at CB? FFS

Bents; Vyner, Kalas, Towler, Sess; Pearson, Massengo, Bakinson, Semenyo; Janneh, Britton.

**** the other “senior players” off and have the rest of the youngsters on the bench. 

I wouldn't play players who won't be here next season. 

George Nurse has been training a while now, he's only 21 so surely is allowed to play. Why not go with him.

Towler plays centre back for the 23s. Why not gamble with him and Kalas, then allowing Vyner to move to right back.

Why not go with Antoine up top in a 4231. Not yet seen it from the start, worth a go imo.

It's likely Nige will just want to do all he can to win the game, which I can't blame him for. Which would mean none of this happens.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Bents; Vyner, Kalas, Towler, Sess; Pearson, Massengo, Bakinson, Semenyo; Janneh, Britton.

**** the other “senior players” off and have the rest of the youngsters on the bench. 

I wouldn't bother with Sessegnon, particularly after Wednesday's horror show

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

What have they got against Massengo?

24 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Agree

14 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I wouldn't bother with Sessegnon, particularly after Wednesday's horror show

Was it a horror show?

Poor use of body for goal, don’t get me wrong.

But pretty thankless task second half when all you can do is hook bouncing balls down the line, get put under pressure from diags with Ikpeazu and then Akinfenwa peeling onto you....not you mention the ever-hiding Adam Nagy in front of you.  NP eluded to players doing their own thing.  First half Nagy did ok, coming inside to create room on the outside for SS.

Got to take other things into account.  Individual performances aren’t always down to them.

• Like 1

Bentley 

Vyner Kalas Baker Sessegnon

Bakinson Massengo Lansbury 

Semenyo Wells Pearson 

It’s a weak side in my opinion but it’s the best we got and who I think should play. Sack off players like Hunt and Fam who haven’t cared all season and are leaving. 

1-1 Draw. Mental how most of us aren’t confident of winning a game against Luton. Shows how far we’ve regressed this season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Bentley 

Vyner Kalas Baker Sessegnon

Bakinson Massengo Lansbury 

Semenyo Wells Pearson 

It’s a weak side in my opinion but it’s the best we got and who I think should play. Sack off players like Hunt and Fam who haven’t cared all season and are leaving. 

1-1 Draw. Mental how most of us aren’t confident of winning a game against Luton. Shows how far we’ve regressed this season

Doesn’t look weak to me.

56 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

They rarely get the line up right , keep your powder dry SS.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Doesn’t look weak to me.

it’s not weak weak but still no where near good enough in my opinion.

Was just thinking about our season with Webster and how much weaker all round the squads became compared to that one, for example defensive options

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If Wells and/or Fam start what is the ******* point. 

Because one of them is quite likely to still be here next season...and if you can build some confidence, then it’s minutes well justified.

Can’t recall Gregor’s predicted XI being right more than about once in ten..

As for the team I just have a hunch that like it or not, if it is true that SL wants to see an improvement in results (as opposed to performances) before offering NP a contract, we will see a far more experienced team than most would like.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t recall Gregor’s predicted XI being right more than about once in ten..

As for the team I just have a hunch that like it or not, if it is true that SL wants to see an improvement in results (as opposed to performances) before offering NP a contract, we will see a far more experienced team than most would like.

I realise it's not his main role in the team, but we would miss Fam at defensive set pieces, and to be honest, if Wells wasn't just lazily swinging his boot at anything in jos vicinity, he would have had a couple of assists Wednesday night.

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Yeah, lucky GMG isn't picking the team. Fammy will be just as useful if he plants a deck chair in the centre circle, lays back and read the sunday's. Get Jannah or Scott in the side. In fact Scott's crossing for the U18s when they played Sheff Utd a couple of weeks back was better than I've seen in the first team all season. Seems noones taught him that if you do miss the first man, make sure you miss everybody.