Match day thread Luton Town

49 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Wells is right up there with one of our worst signings ever. As a player alone it is bad, but add in our third highest transfer fee and huge wages , and it is clonker of a deal. Millions wasted. He needs moving on but that is not going to happen unless we write off millions, which we cannot afford to do .

Top scorer in the league before he came to us, I’m sure he didn’t turn into a bad player overnight. 

• Like 8

It’s interesting to see Semenyo has hardly featured in recent games. He’s been dangerous as an impact sub, and posssibly because the new formation doesn’t suit him, but I do wonder if he’s another that has his mind on a move elsewhere as rumoured interest from other clubs 

51 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Wells is right up there with one of our worst signings ever. As a player alone it is bad, but add in our third highest transfer fee and huge wages , and it is clonker of a deal. Millions wasted. He needs moving on but that is not going to happen unless we write off millions, which we cannot afford to do .

I am not keen on Wells as things stand but would like to see him in the team and the team regularly  attacking with numbers in the opposition box as opposed to our own!! Really think that is where his strengths lie and we could see a very different player, different attitude. Would hope so as he could be a decisive factor next year if we do at least something of a high pressing game.  We could venture into entertaining the fans! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Its a shame this is how some fans will feel about him, overall he's been a good player for us.

He has been a good player for us, and I’ve been a fan of him. However these past few months he’s let us down by not seemingly putting in any effort. Shame that he’s probably going to leave with a sour taste in our mouths. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Curious to see Conway in action. COYR!

I’ve said a few times I wonder if he might be a bit special.  Bell - gets a lot of attention, possibly because of his dad (not saying he’s not a talent), Britton - local lad, etc (talent too), but Conway is from Taunton I think, and has perhaps not got due attention.

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Wells has seriously got to up his game. His recent attempts on goal, his decision making and his passing (in)ability have been well short of the standard required. With Fam not even on the bench it falls to him to stand up and lead the line, he can't pass off responsibility to the kids. 

Totally agree.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Get the **** in there.

Conway on left, Wells central?  Massengo in behind again?

A nice stance from Pearson to drop fam and play our lad Conway he will perform for the shirt more than fam.👌 And bakes is back on the bench 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve said a few times I wonder if he might be a bit special.  Bell - gets a lot of attention, possibly because of his dad (not saying he’s not a talent), Britton - local lad, etc (talent too), but Conway is from Taunton I think, and has perhaps not got due attention.

Belly is the top of that group imo. Him, Scott & Benarous are the three in their own tier above the others.