IGNORED

Reasons to be cheerful, 1, 2, 3

Davefevs

Yeah, result a shocker, no way did we deserve to lose.  But a side devoid of confidence, this is what happens.

But for me, enough bright spots.  That was the first time we’ve passed the ball in weeks.

Wells, if played in the right system can play well.

Nagy, can offer something outside of the bustle of central midfield.

Bakinson, has a big future here.

Conway, Scott, Bell and Pearson can all expect to get EFL minutes next season, whether on loan or as cover for 1st team.

Defensively, we were too deep, but that happens when you’re lacking confidence and leadership.  Highlights where summer recruitment must be aimed.  A dominant CB.

We need a solid summer recruitment to a plan, whilst not expecting it to solve all the problems.  Suspect changes in coaching and medical staff too.

Not the time to use 3 crappy goals to gloss over some encouraging signs.

and the good news is, if we appoint him, we have a manager that knows our weaknesses inside out and is ready to press go in the transfer market. A damn sight better than wasting half the summer finding someone who needs to go through the learning process again and has no clout in the transfer market whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Red_Alligator said:

With you all the way Dave. Whoever takes this on has got one hell of job to do - a rebulid of the squad amidst the fury of a very competitive Championship. 

I'm expecting us to have a rough ride next season?

Yep, big challenge, but hopefully we will have proper football people in charge of football matters, not a wannabe.  Not blaming everything on MA, but we have someone in situ who’s seen the issues, is planning to address them.  To change tack now is futile.

4 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

and the good news is, if we appoint him, we have a manager that knows our weaknesses inside out and is ready to press go in the transfer market. A damn sight better than wasting half the summer finding someone who needs to go through the learning process again and has no clout in the transfer market whatsoever. 

Exactly. A proven manager too.

When he has been given a fair chance.

Manager appointment is interesting. 

in terms of CV and past achievement, NP is perhaps the best manager we have EVER had. 

in terms of track record with us, perhaps the worst ever. 

I hope we appoint NP, void the last two games (they would get the three points anyway) and start again. 

Used to think it’s the creativity we lack, especially at home, and still do to a degree against teams that sit deep. But it’s become increasingly apparent we need to become hard to beat first, so  I agree with DF, a centre back is top priority, followed by the rest of the spine of the team (and no that’s not a joke although...)

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, result a shocker, no way did we deserve to lose.  But a side devoid of confidence, this is what happens.

But for me, enough bright spots.  That was the first time we’ve passed the ball in weeks.

Conway, Scott, Bell and Pearson can all expect to get EFL minutes next season, whether on loan or as cover for 1st team.

Defensively, we were too deep, but that happens when you’re lacking confidence and leadership.  Highlights where summer recruitment must be aimed.  A dominant CB.

We need a solid summer recruitment to a plan, whilst not expecting it to solve all the problems.  Suspect changes in coaching and medical staff too.

It's work tomorrow. Make sure you're clean and sober before the morning ? 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, big challenge, but hopefully we will have proper football people in charge of football matters, not a wannabe.  Not blaming everything on MA, but we have someone in situ who’s seen the issues, is planning to address them.  To change tack now is futile.

Still Nige for me - but he'd be taking a huge risk.

SL can quite rightly point to a dismal run of results under Nige, and therefore appoint elsewhere. Which in turn of course would allow a return to type. 

I was very underwhelmed when LJ was appointed and staggered when DH was given the job. 

If not Nige, I shudder to think who we might get.

Reasons to be cheerful.

• No more Johnson, Holden, Ashton.
  • No more Diedhiou.
  • Several other useless members of our squad guaranteed to be on their way out.
  • We avoided relegation despite the incredible efforts of certain moronic players to achieve it.
  • Pearson (or whoever else takes charge) will have all summer to bring in several quality players and develop a physically and mentally stronger squad.
  • The gap has w i d e n e d once again.

Just now, Red_Alligator said:

Still Nige for me - but he'd be taking a huge risk.

SL can quite rightly point to a dismal run of results under Nige, and therefore appoint elsewhere. Which in turn of course would allow a return to type. 

I was very underwhelmed when LJ was appointed and staggered when DH was given the job. 

If not Nige, I shudder to think who we might get.

We could have anyone that agrees with SL that we have a great squad. 

Just need to find someone who does. 

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Baker is the only centre back we have who is not an outright physical coward it seems to me but he is unlikely to be here. The others avoid contact and little things like actually marking people at set pieces.

We don't have any decent full backs either.

So 2 centre backs and 2 full backs is the minimum requirement imo.

I think we have to be honest and say, despite the huge positive of being able to totally reshape the squad in the summer due to those OOC, it’s unusual for ‘new’ teams to do well, particularly if they have no momentum from the prior season. On that basis, I’m expecting that we finish mid table best case next season. 

And, tbh, I’m fine with that. The main reason to be cheerful is that this season will somehow end with us still in the division, and a major opportunity to shape our future.

That, Hammersmith Palais, the Bolshoi Ballet, Jumping back in the Alley and Nanny Goats.

A lot depends on whether big Steve can handle the truth. Because I’m pretty certain that Nigel isn’t going to sugar coat it for him.

IF and it is a massive IF, Steve has listened and understood what needs to happen from a football perspective THEN there is hope. If not, then it’s relegation next year.

We need football people running the football side. We’ve got all the pieces together, apart from the most important bit. And I will give Ashton credit for that.

The levels of nepotism at BCFC astound me. Why is Ashton still there? What is he doing? Apart from stealing every last piece of knowledge on all of our players.

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

We could have anyone that agrees with SL that we have a great squad. 

Just need to find someone who does. 

So any inexperienced coach who is prepared to grovel to get the job then. And who is prepared to have a clause in his contract requiring him to say how wonderful the Lansdowns are in every interview.

On the plus side they will no longer have to say how great Ashton is.

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Baker is the only centre back we have who is not an outright physical coward it seems to me but he is unlikely to be here. The others avoid contact and little things like actually marking people at set pieces.

Harsh on Kalas.

16 minutes ago, chinapig said:

So all we need is next season to be 4 games long & we’re sorted.

The bloke finally made it on to the pitch 2/3rds of the way through our 44th game.

Well worth a million quid a year.

We need a complete root & brach clearout, everyone bar Weimann who is out of contract would go if it was down to me.

Archived