IGNORED

The Pearson dilemma

SecretSam

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Picking the same players every game then slating them when they dont win gets old quick. If theres a core of senior players who he is unhappy with, we can guess some of the names, then put the kids in, at least they are ours and care about the club.

As Pearson rightly says....putting the kids in to early can damage them permanently

He has a duty to protect them, as well as develop them 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

As Pearson rightly says....putting the kids in to early can damage them permanently

He has a duty to protect them, as well as develop them 

Michael owen was in a world cup at 17/18.
yes he has a duty to protect them, but giving them time in place of senior pros who couldnt give a shit when we lose is a no brainer? 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I agree .

He needs the backing like Johnson had.

The bloke knows what to do and how to do it . We are in a very exciting time for the club.

:yawn:

If NP is appointed it will be an exciting time for good reasons. If he’s not, it will be exciting for all the wrong reasons 

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

yes he has a duty to protect them, but giving them time in place of senior pros who couldnt give a shit when we lose is a no brainer? 

So all players mature at exactly the same time ?

Your comparing our kids to one of the best English strikers ever 

I'd rather we limp across the line this season, protect the kids, get rid of the absolute dross who are stealing a living, and build for next season 

Putting these young uns out against Brentford would be devastating for them 

54 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Now I’ve calmed down after watching that shitshow, I’m convinced, more than ever, that we now need to appoint NP asap.

More than anyone else, he now knows, from bitter experience, the size and scope of the problems within the squad. He knows whom to trust (it’s a short list), whom to retain and whom to release. He needs to be given the right resources to make his required changes. He needs to be able to be able to bring in his own coaching team and assistant. 

NP may not have, so far, made the positive impact we’d all hoped would result but to me, he represents our best chance of a top half finish next season. 

Never mind top half, on recent performances we may be pleased to be anywhere above 21st!

43 minutes ago, grifty said:

And play who?

We can't and shouldn't just chuck a team of u23s in there, mainly because our u23 team is made up of 17 and 18 year olds and getting pumped by Millwall and especially Brentford is not going to do them any good.

43 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Diedhiou was out of the squad, injured or not. He played Conway, brought Scott on. Not sure, given injuries, what else he could do. Play too many and you’ll end up a bit like Towler, overwhelmed, almost sent off and potentially damaging.

Scott and Conway combined for an “offside” equaliser.

NP has had his hands tied by injuries - I don’t see a queue of youngsters waiting who haven’t been given a chance.

37 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Who does he replace them with?

I get that argument, I honestly do. 
But we’ve heard him for about 6 weeks now say that some of these players are not putting it in, and if they don’t they’ll be out. 
If it means playing Scott and Semenyo from the start today, as well as Conway, even putting Towler back in there, then so be it. 

Yes, he doesn’t want to throw these youngsters to the wolves, and we’d probably get stuffed, but if these players he keeps calling out are so toxic, then make good on your threats to drop them. 

If he’s not gonna do that, then he needs to stop calling it out in his interviews and just say something more along the lines of “yes, we were poor and deserved to lose”. 

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Your comparing our kids to one of the best English strikers ever 

I'd rather we limp across the line this season, protect the kids, get rid of the absolute dross who are stealing a living, and build for next season 

Putting these young uns out against Brentford would be devastating for them 

Thats fine, but then dont complain when the senior pros arent interested and have no personal pride.

No, but just maybe some of ours dont need protecting? Fans arent in the stadiums, we are playing for pride, if they are training in the first team squad and look ok, then why not try them?

Isn't that exactly what has happened.

Janneh, Towler, Pearson, Bell, Scott, Conway - never seen so many youngsters get first team game time.

Sorry if I've missed any, there's been a load.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Isn't that exactly what has happened.

Janneh, Towler, Pearson, Bell, Scott, Conway - never seen so many youngsters get first team game time.

Sorry if I've missed any, there's been a load.

So why is is still complaining about senior pros? At a guess id say its hunt, fam, wells, palmer and nagy who he has been most upset with, but they have still been playing regularly as far as i can see

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

So you think the best way to punish these senior players is to hide them away and hang the kids out to dry?

Punish senior pros? No, they couldnt care less, so get them out.

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

So why is is still complaining about senior pros? At a guess id say its hunt, fam, wells, palmer and nagy who he has been most upset with, but they have still been playing regularly as far as i can see

100% agree. Get them out at the end of the season. I love the fact some of these 'professionals' are being shown up for what they are though 

Spoilt, gutless, spineless....they've got away with murder for to long. 

These ******* have been on the gravy train the last few years, their poor attitudes and performances have been hidden by the fact we had coaches in charge who divided opinions, and took all the focus off of them 

Not now. Not with this proven manager. All eyes are on them ....and we are seeing their true colours and attitudes shine through . 

Let them suffer the embarrassment each week. Not the kids 

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

There's a lot of debate about whether Pearson is the right man.

I thought he was, but results...

However, given the utter shambles in the boardroom, on the pitch, etc, would he want to stay?

I think he’s made it clear he wants to stay. But to what extent what he wants is going to be in line with SL/New owners thoughts will be key. 

if SL continues with the club then he will have to get used to not getting his way all the time and changing some of the thoughts that got us here. 

LJ was completely SLs man so the financial hit to the club is completely his to own. To what extent he will who knows. I guess that is why he is looking for an investor/sale. 

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

100% agree. Get them out at the end of the season. I love the fact some of these 'professionals' are being shown up for what they are though 

Spoilt, gutless, spineless....they've got away with murder for to long. 

These ******* have been on the gravy train the last few years, their poor attitudes and performances have been hidden by the fact we had coaches in charge who divided opinions, and took all the focus off of them 

Not now. Not with this proven manager. All eyes are on them ....and we are seeing their true colours and attitudes shine through . 

Let them suffer the embarrassment each week. Not the kids 

Id love to think theres some repercussions for these assholes,,, perhaps we will find out next season when theres hundreds of players without clubs!

16 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Sessegnon’s played over Hunt and Simpson was brought in.

Bell was given a start and got injured. Conway started today, Janneh’s come off the bench.

Palmer’s not been a starter for a while, Massengo seems to have his role now.

Pearson started in midfield for a couple, but Nagy probably has to play as there’s no one else and I think there’s a player in there somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Sessegnon’s played over Hunt and Simpson was brought in.

Bell was given a start and got injured. Conway started today, Janneh’s come off the bench.

Palmer’s not been a starter for a while, Massengo seems to have his role now.

Pearson started in midfield for a couple, but Nagy probably has to play as there’s no one else and I think there’s a player in there somewhere.

Yet hes still complaining about the senior pros today not supporting the youngsters!

1 hour ago, Harry said:

He is. And he keeps telling us. But he seems to keep picking them. 
Perfect opportunity today, safe, going nowhere in the league, ditch all the ones he’s been slating. 
I’d have more respect for him if he carried through on the idle threats. 
Don’t get me wrong, I want him to succeed, but I’m getting a little bored at him calling some players out and yet still picking them. 
Be a man of your word. 

Ditch them and replace them with who?............don't know if u noticed that our squad is stretched to the limit?   His hands are tied until the summer.

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

We got rid of a rookie manager and presumably are paying a very experienced one a lot more, but im not very clear what the extra cost has achieved. If you are excellent in one half and shambolic in the second there are numerous issues, including leadership. if you can identify issues but cant put anything in place to sort it out, then whats the point?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

Short of dusting off his boots and playing himself I'm not sure what he can be expected to do with no opportunity to bring in players with the character and qualities required.

Ta, saved me typing it.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

If he’s not gonna do that, then he needs to stop calling it out in his interviews and just say something more along the lines of “yes, we were poor and deserved to lose”. 

I agree with this bit.

Dont threaten the kids with no ice cream, just to give them it anyway.

I tend to agree with superjack for me there is no point now in delaying his appointment this season is done and preparation for next season must begin. It must be then tat NP assessment to SL is too high a price unless others around him can convince otherwise so NP is fast coming to his own conclusion that he may look elsewhere. Lets hope a decision is made in the next 24 hours we are running out of time.

Pearson’s not a miracle worker - clearly the issue here is with the squad and that’s evident by the lack of communication on the pitch and the absence of a genuine leader to motivate the rest of the team during the game. What Pearson needs is backing from the board & the opportunity to bring in the players with the required attitude; given that MA is out the door and Pearson is “manager”, not “head coach”, I really hope that’s where we’re headed next season. 

I fear the last two games of the season aren’t going to be pretty, unless some of the players start to realise they’re playing for their place at the club (although I suspect many won’t care). 

58 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Today was scotts debut and conways first start. What made him ready today and not 8 games ago when fam was contributing nothing?

The plan was to try & use a group of senior players to make sure we were safe first.

I can imagine the meltdown on here if we had gone with a virtual U23 side when not mathematically safe & repeated what happened at Watford.

The absence of Dasilva, Williams, O’Dowda, Paterson & Martin has made it very difficult, Mawson too.

He has hardly any players he can rely on, I personally think he should have ditched Famara a few games ago but his hands are pretty tied.

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Today was scotts debut and conways first start. What made him ready today and not 8 games ago when fam was contributing nothing?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

The plan was to try & use a group of senior players to make sure we were safe first.

I can imagine the meltdown on here if we had gone with a virtual U23 side when not mathematically safe & repeated what happened at Watford.

The absence of Dasilva, Williams, O’Dowda, Paterson & Martin has made it very difficult, Mawson too.

He has hardly any players he can rely on, I personally think he should have ditched Famara a few games ago but his hands are pretty tied.

Thank you, another post saving me from replying.

Hes gone on record, both here and at previous clubs, that he wants to give youngsters a chance in the right environment where they have a chance to succeed.  Like Graham I would ditched Fam, in fact he did v Stoke, but Bell did his hammer.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Thank you, another post saving me from replying.

Hes gone on record, both here and at previous clubs, that he wants to give youngsters a chance in the right environment where they have a chance to succeed.  Like Graham I would ditched Fam, in fact he did v Stoke, but Bell did his hammer.

Im very pleased another poster saved you the temerity of having to reply to one of my posts. 

Archived