IGNORED

Nigel Pearsons post match interview

Unan

Although its depressing to hear Nigel Pearson say it, it's positive that he has a big understanding of the reality of City’s situation in his post-match interview. Other managers would of said ‘it ain’t for me’ by now

If we do offer Nige the job. It is so pivotal that he has his backroom staff as we can’t afford to go into next season with Pearson, Simpson, Downing and Pat Mountain

3 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Very honest assessment of the team too many senior players looking disinterested and letting the younger players down.

I'd move on Wells Kalas Palmer Dasilva Nagy Semenyo anyone of value to assist the new manager in getting players in who want the shirt.

I agree, but how much is Kalas worth after that performance today, he was absolutely dreadful.

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

See my thread..."The Pearson dilemma". He alludes to the mess off the pitch. IF he stays, will the infrastructure be there to rebuild us?

I think the infrastructure is there, they are changing the framework that the team are operating within at the same time as players are leaving - leaving players aren't going to put much effort into understanding the new framework so what we see now is a bimodal system where people are pulling in different directions. 

1 minute ago, candygram for mongo said:

I agree, but how much is Kalas worth after that performance today, he was absolutely dreadful.

Arguably still a Czech international. Could perhaps pull £3-4m for him. 

Nagy probably £2m. Although he's probably one of few I would argue who always gives 100% - the issue is that I just don't see a system in US for which he hits unless we go full press. 

Id honestly look at selling Bentley. He's been great for last parts of the season, but his lack of communication and inability to claim is a large reason why we concede so much from corners. 

He's also who I'd expect we could get the most for, £4-5m.

Id look at a combination of free agents, loans, lower league, and a couple from abroad and start from scratch. Namely, sort a spine out ASAP. Starting points perhaps with O'Leary, Vyner, Massengo, Bakinson, perhaps? 

What I'd give for us to get Benkovic back alongside a new left back. Still reckon not getting him back was one of the biggest fails when replacing him with an utterly crippled Mawson. 

Very sad to hear a Bristol City manager talk about my club like that. But I and thousands of City fans agree with everything Nigel says. He feels the same as us and he knows what he wants to do. I just hope SL let him and supports him with a massive clear out on and off the field.

9 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

He has been dragged down with the rest of these dossers, not captain material but the best leader we have and that says everything about the recruitment the past 5 years. 

I am glad Pearson can see what many of have seen, our weaknesses are in full show. This what happens when you recruit mild mannered namby-pamby players with zero character.  Pearson has fought off a pack of wolves, this bunch of muppets are probably his biggest challenge. 

He said everything that needed to be said. He knows exactly what needs to be done.

I'm expecting Pearson to be appointed. If Lansdown can't make that decision he'd better have a good alternative. The chickens have all come home to roost. 

Just now, Red Exile said:

He said everything that needed to be said. He knows exactly what needs to be done.

I'm expecting Pearson to be appointed. If Lansdown can't make that decision he'd better have a good alternative. The chickens have all come home to roost. 

Our players believe they are as good as their pay cheque. NP knows this. 

Therein is the problem. 

6 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I think the "putting things in place" comment is telling.

I get the impression from his demeanour that he knows that he is leaving.

I found those comments interesting as well "problems deeper....there are organisational challenges with regard to how to shape the club moving forward."

I think that is a direct challenge to the way in which SL and MA have structured the club using their "sustainable" model and recruitment process and the hole that MA leaving creates.

Seems to me, reading between the lines, that SL has a big decision to make - tear up the current model and give NP a bit of leeway within the structure, or continue with it and get someone else who would fit in with it.

I tend to agree with you that he won't be here much longer as SL may dig his heels in especially given the performances and results under NP. Which would be a mistake imo.

Just now, Red Exile said:

Im hopeful that Pearson will be appointed,  but if he isn't who else would come to this shitshow of a club in its current state. 

And to think we were league champions just a few short seasons ago, and everything looking rosy. 

10 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I think the infrastructure is there, they are changing the framework that the team are operating within at the same time as players are leaving - leaving players aren't going to put much effort into understanding the new framework so what we see now is a bimodal system where people are pulling in different directions. 

What infrastructure? We haven't had a Chief Scout since Day was sacked,  we have no DoF or equivalent. Ashton was given control of all football operations and appointed himself Head of Recruitment despite having no expertise.

There is no infrastructure, which I suspect Pearson was referring to when he talked about organisational issues.

I fear SL will not like being told home truths like that and will look for another yes man to toe the line.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

What infrastructure? We haven't had a Chief Scout since Day was sacked,  we have no DoF or equivalent. Ashton was given control of all football operations and appointed himself Head of Recruitment despite having no expertise.

There is no infrastructure, which I suspect Pearson was referring to when he talked about organisational issues.

I fear SL will not like being told home truths like that and will look for another yes man to toe the line.

Well, if SL wants to tell NP how things at a football club should work, he should look forward to NP advising him on draw-down pensions, shares and annuities. 

Always enjoy listening to him. We so much need to appoint him, IMO if, that is, he wants the massive challenge / opportunity

He has the experience, network and capability to rebuild things, I shudder to think what will happen if he isn’t interested or we decide against  

He has inherited players that aren’t his, a massive number of who are OoC and/or injured, so needs to be given the resources and time to create his team

As he says ‘it is crystal clear that we are miles away from where we aspire to be’.

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

That's my fear.

Yet the current mess hasn't appeared from nowhere. When supporters were calling for LJs head and SL got all shirty it was because folk he had no respect for were challenging his whole approach...it was his club and he could do as he liked was his response.

Being told he's got it all wrong by posters on OTIB like me is however one thing, and easily dismissed.

Being told by Nigel Pearson will be a different matter...hopefully...

What a refreshingly honest assessment. In some ways I wonder if Pearson has taken over at the ideal time for him. We were effectively safe so he has not needed to put up backs to the wall win at all costs teams and tactics. He has been able to play the best team he has available (on paper) and that highlights the true problems. 
Personally I don’t agree with those saying all the players need to go. That is just absurd. The team would be transformed by the addition of 2 or 3 players in key positions. 

Just now, petehinton said:

******* brilliant. Finally calling the club and players out for saying we aren’t as good as we’ve been Harping on about for years. Please give him a 3 year deal ASAP. 

Fair point and yes agree.
Infact this shite bag of a team performance in recent weeks will play into NPs hand as quite frankly who else is there to pick up the pieces? In effect NP is being proven right. Clear out coming .....

8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Well, if SL wants to tell NP how things at a football club should work, he should look forward to NP advising him on draw-down pensions, shares and annuities. 

Quite, being a success in one field doesn't mean you will be in another.

"Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."

Bill Gates

Reading GMcG's interview on the Bristol Post, it would suggest some positive news on his appointment fairly soon. I suspect MA's departure has made things very difficult for SL because it affects the whole structure of the club and that, in itself, has an impact on NP's pending appointment. 

Well there we have it from the horse‘s mouth.  
There is something seriously wrong at this club.  Some have been saying this for awhile. It isn’t just the players and coaches.

Pearson from that interview is saying, I believe, that a parachuted in manager cannot solve those sorts of problems alone.

This is probably now the worst side in our entire history, certainly in my 70+ years as a fan.

if SL still after all these years of failure wishes to continue then he must listen to seasoned voices, starting with Pearson’s.  If not then in  the phrase of Cromwell, ‘For all the good you are doing, in the name of God, go’.

I was hopeful a week or so ago that maybe it was Pearson who was failing to hack it. His interview today dispels such thoughts.  Y apologies to Pearson, and my applause for having the guts to say what many of us are saying.

Where we go from here is truly baffling as it is to Pearson as well

Archived