IGNORED

Nigel Pearsons post match interview

Unan

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

When he (SL) sacked Holden and quickly appointed NP, he mentioned that he didn’t want to undo all the hard work done by “Lee” (and MA).  Hard work that requires a complete rebuild?

It might have been mentioned by NP that his “football management” team have pulled the wool over his eyes.

Lets hope NP has been able to get SL to see the mess.

That is the key point.

I can't see SL undoing everything personally.

Just now, Red Exile said:

I think the problem is that Steve Lansdown thinks he knows how to run football club...despite evidence to the contrary. Recent success peaked when neither he nor his son were in the Chair.

Think that's pretty unfair on SL to be honest.

When he was in the Chair, I think he was working at HL full time as well. We had people like Colin Sexton on the payroll as well. The reality is, despite his best endeavours, he couldn't have done much more.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

I think the problem is that Steve Lansdown thinks he knows how to run football club...despite evidence to the contrary. Recent success peaked when neither he nor his son were in the Chair.

Well, in the very near future, we will have no CEO, no chairman (abdicated to Bermuda), and probably no manager as I can't see SL undoing all the "great work" of LJ and MA. 

Someone has to run the shop.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

That is the key point.

I can't see SL undoing everything personally.

Ah, but I think you hit the nail on the head. The house of Lansdown has been built on sand...there is nothing to undo...Johnson and Ashton operated in the moment, it was all reactive, there never was any strategy...the 5 pillars? all basic management course stuff...the only Lansdown legacies of substance are building projects, the rest drifts away with the wind...

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, in the very near future, we will have no CEO, no chairman (abdicated to Bermuda), and probably no manager as I can't see SL undoing all the "great work" of LJ and MA. 

Someone has to run the shop.

This is why we are on the mess we are in and why we won’t get out of. He really is completely clueless if he thinks Ashton did a god job. Can he not see the gutless squad he has built? ?

That didn’t sound or feel like someone who is here next year, I’m sorry to say.

He needs to be given a contact (something I wholeheartedly support) and the remit to rip it up and start again on the footballing side, or we need to let him go, and work on a new man coming in.

I’d obviously prefer the former, but realistically; if SL for some reason thinks Pearson isn’t the one, or he’s not wanting someone who needs the influence Pearson would undoubtedly require, now we are safe let’s get someone in who is going to have to work with this shower of absolute shite so at least they have longer to do that.

Just now, milo1111 said:

This is why we are on the mess we are in and why we won’t get out of. He really is completely clueless if he thinks Ashton did a god job. Can he not see the gutless squad he has built? ?

I think the likes of NP and maybe one or two others are putting him right - but will he agree, or look to carry on their "legacy" ?

Its a big decision for SL, hope he takes the right one.

26 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Good grief no. Keep him as far away as possible...give him some new building plans to look at or something. He's not proved a success on the footballing side...he needs to appoint quality football folk and let them get on with it. Oh, but ask for references...don't be swayed by a nifty powerpoint presentation!

Indeed. He thought LJ wasn't experienced enough and let him persuade him.

Goodness knows how Ashton persuaded him too. I'd feel nauseous after 5 mins with Ashton. Amazing what some people can lap up. 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Think that's pretty unfair on SL to be honest.

When he was in the Chair, I think he was working at HL full time as well. We had people like Colin Sexton on the payroll as well. The reality is, despite his best endeavours, he couldn't have done much more.

I've met SL more than once, nice enough chap but with all the self-doubt of a self-made billionaire. 20 years in charge and precious little to show for it in footballing achievements.

I agree, he clearly couldn't have done more - simply not up to the job and unable to appoint people who were.

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

I think the "putting things in place" comment is telling.

I get the impression from his demeanour that he knows that he is leaving.

That was a sting in the tail and I really hope there's nothing in it. What a wasted opportunity if we let this pass us by because someone's convinced himself that we're better than we are.

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Radio Bristol one even better. “It’s not about getting people in, it’s getting people out. It’s no longer about accommodating for people who don’t want to do what want. If that sounds like a threat, I don’t care” ?

Can some one throw up a link to this. Thanks in advance!!!

Also. Is that threat directed just at players? I think not!

Just hope if Pearson is paid off he isn’t gagged. He clearly has identified the problems, and I for one would like him to share, but suspect nothing will be said, as with Coppell all those years ago.

Please Nige live up to your reputation and if a gagging order is talked about tell them where they can stick their money.  Your story, incidentally, would by itself earn you a considerable sum, but I guess the money is secondary to professional integrity 

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Radio Bristol one even better. “It’s not about getting people in, it’s getting people out. It’s no longer about accommodating for people who don’t want to do what want. If that sounds like a threat, I don’t care” ?

Listen to all 2m11s, especially the very last second of this.

Makes you wonder if SL is really that interested in the football club going forward. Danger of him wanting out and looking for new investors and not wanting to splash the cash for NP. Telling himself that this squad is better than what results say. Telling himself that Ashton said it was a “top 6 Championship” squad.

Just think he is stubborn to giving NP what he wants to take the job. 
Wake up Steve - this squad is dogshite.

17 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I think that the problem was - Ashton thought he was god!

59 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

That’s what shocked me the most. That’s the basics for football at any standard. How have we let this happen over the years, a squad that don’t care and are so soft. Happy to pick up there couple thousands a week 

But it’s been like it for years.

No leaders, commanders, demanders..... nothing. 

Just a bunch of individuals in their own little world, doing their own thing and just looking out for themselves. 

17 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I've met SL more than once, nice enough chap but with all the self-doubt of a self-made billionaire. 20 years in charge and precious little to show for it in footballing achievements.

I agree, he clearly couldn't have done more - simply not up to the job and unable to appoint people who were.

So if you were Steve, who would you have appointed to run the club and entrust with your hard earned?

that is exactly what i wanted to hear NP knows this team is worse than dog s**t with the exception of the ones he's mentioned go get him Steve  he isn't going to lie and say i can do it with this team ( im not sure our last 2 head coaches would have come out and said that )

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

What’s the problem? 

You just need to align to the pillars forged by Steve and Mark and success should follow as easily as it did for Lee ?

Nige is making mountains out of mole hills if you ask me 

to be fair what could LJ have done the club gets asset stripped every season DH got poked in the eye with a shitty stick by our CEO that obviously has had other interests for a long time i have full faith NP can sort this absolute steaming turd of a club we have become 

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

So if you were Steve, who would you have appointed to run the club and entrust with your hard earned?

Quite a big question!  I'm an experienced manager of big, award winning, teams. In my (now long!) experience identifying people who can do aspects of the job better than you can yourself is the key to success over time, and ensures you hand something on better than you found it. I know that you have to delegate and you have to recruit wisely.

With his wealth (frankly I'm unsure how 'hard earned' the interest on billions is!) Steve Lansdown could consult widely and recruit selectively. That he chose for his poster-boy manager the son of a former manager who happened to be a friend suggests that Steve does neither. I wasn't alone in failing to be impressed by Mark Ashton.

I'm not Steve. He's had 20 years. He's not got much footballing success to point to.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Excellent! Its really good to have a manager who doesn't talk bollox, and says it how it is. FFS get him in.

Agreed. Also fascinating that he has been here for 5 minutes (figuratively) and has worked out what a lot of us have "thought" for quite a few years.

If you employ bullshitters (MA) it can get you out of a lot of trouble sometimes, as well as earning a few quid (in transfer fees). However once a bullshitter, always a bullshitter. That same person is never going to openly admit they have gotten things wrong, which now we're in the position we are in, he obviously has.

Steve has hid his pants pulled down by Mark Ashton, and for once the gas dig of "Pantsdown" could actually be used.

Pearson has come in, told him how it is, and how that has been received, we will shortly find out.

If Pearson is off in a few weeks, Steve doesn't like the truth. If Pearson stays, then Mr Lansdown will not take his finger off the pulse like he has done in the past few years.

Whatever the outcome, some serious, and quite drastic actions need to happen over the summer. The previous regime have left no legacy, or not one that's worth anything anyway.

The club needs rebuilding, because there's a poison that has been running through this squad, and it all points back to Ashton's open discussion about Fam's contract, and how he will be played if no decent offers come in. The cynic in me says that this was the exact time that Ashton had decided to jump ship, whether or not the dealings at Ipswich were known about by other members of out board.

Mind you, with one in Guernsey and the other half way around the world, he probably didn't need to try and keep much quiet.

I've said this in another post but that ended with no response

When SL sacks a manger he always has a drink with them thank them for what they've done for the club 

and where can they improve within the club , i was wondering if SL has already asked NP that question 

And if he liked or disliked what he was told and which way he will decide to go ,interesting times ahead .

Archived