IGNORED

Nigel Pearsons post match interview

Unan

If they had ever thought of building Titanic 2, it would’ve been built at the Underfall yard with Steve Lansdown’s money, within spitting distance of AG and it would have quickly followed on the tails of Capt. Barton’s original ship. 

The club is at the biggest crossroads* since 1982

* No Benny or Miss Dianne gags, mind. 

2 hours ago, Banjo Red said:

Very honest assessment of the team too many senior players looking disinterested and letting the younger players down.

I'd move on Wells Kalas Palmer Dasilva Nagy Semenyo anyone of value to assist the new manager in getting players in who want the shirt.

A few months ago I would have disagreed with you about the players you have mentioned and said they are pivotal for next season but in hindsight I 100% agree and I would add Bentley to the list and maximise their sale 

NP has to oversee a massive clear out and reset the whole culture of the playing side 

His coaches, his Director of Football and his players to give us any chance of staying in this division next season let alone thinking of the play offs 

I trust him 100% to do that provided SL gives him the full support he requires to deliver 

I won’t be shedding any tears on the shower of s**t who have let the club down this season so bring on the summer and the NP era 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

The worst comment for me from Pearson was that our lads don’t even talk out on the pitch, something he has clearly never encountered ever before. What bunch of ******* fairies we have representing us.

You’re disappointed if that’s not happening at junior football level....in a championship club, it’s a f***** joke

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

With his wealth (frankly I'm unsure how 'hard earned' the interest on billions is!)

That comes across as a bit of a jealous dig, he remortgaged his house to the hilt and set up HL in a bedroom.  It paid off, with what was obviously risk and graft and good luck to him and anyone else who is self made.

As for his impact on the football, it would seem that the decisions haven’t worked out, so proving them to be wrong, whatever has worked for the rugby, needs to be used as a template for the football, with any necessary tweaks for the differences in the two games.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Listen to all 2m11s, especially the very last second of this.

Wow! Just wow!  No dressing that up, is there?  Sounds like with the issues around FFP, the COVID financial situation etc, moving players out rather than in is essential as my reading of that is - some bad eggs spoiling it for the rest of the squad.

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Listen to all 2m11s, especially the very last second of this.

How anyone could deduce from that interview that NP will walk away or isn’t up for the challenge is beyond me. Everything he says smacks of wanting to get stuck in and properly get to work. To those with doubts about his willingness to stay how bloody clear does he have to make it? If Pearson isn’t here next season only one man is responsible.........

Just now, Numero Uno said:

How anyone could deduce from that interview that NP will walk away or isn’t up for the challenge is beyond me. Everything he says smacks of wanting to get stuck in and properly get to work. To those with doubts about his willingness to stay how bloody clear does he have to make it? If Pearson isn’t here next season only one man is responsible.........

i think he would love to turn this around my worry is we will get another no hoper in 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It seems to have got to the point where Mark Ashton and Nigel Pearson can't exist in the same Bristol City universe. But MA is here for another month. So what gives?

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

That comes across as a bit of a jealous dig, he remortgaged his house to the hilt and set up HL in a bedroom.  It paid off, with what was obviously risk and graft and good luck to him and anyone else who is self made.

As for his impact on the football, it would seem that the decisions haven’t worked out, so proving them to be wrong, whatever has worked for the rugby, needs to be used as a template for the football, with any necessary tweaks for the differences in the two games.

...'jealous dig'? I wouldn't swap my life for his! He was in the right place at the right time with his idea and made a fortune. There's plenty graft for years in less lucrative sectors and work no less hard. There's no special merit to making money - only my opinion of course.

I agree on the rugby template, maybe he recognised earlier in the day that he didn't have the answers and took advice, or had learned from the football. 

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It seems to have got to the point where Mark Ashton and Nigel Pearson can't exist in the same Bristol City universe. But MA is here for another month. So what gives?

Teflon is working his notice period and is a total irrelevance to anything at this point.

16 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

You’re disappointed if that’s not happening at junior football level....in a championship club, it’s a f***** joke

You could tell from Pearson’s reaction he has never encountered such crap before. Perhaps they refuse to talk unless their agents give them permission??

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

I think the "putting things in place" comment is telling.

I get the impression from his demeanour that he knows that he is leaving.

I thought he was staying until that last couple of sentences. He's clearly got his finger on the problem but that didn't sound like a man that has been given the authority to change it.

Like you, and I hope we're wrong, that doesn't bode well for Nigel being here next season.

Surely the issues that Nigel brings up in his post match interviews are some of the same ones discussed with the lansdowns this week. I think the second half today strengthens his hand. He can point to senior players saying “Look, you’re paying him £15k+ per week and what are you getting from him??!!”

I think Steve would rightly be very annoyed by their continuing capitulation.

• Admin

What is it about Bristol football, Pearson is saying the same as Barton, just in a slightly more professional, restrained manner, both squads have players that aren’t up to it, the structure behind that is under scrutiny in both clubs, by two people who have experienced football at a higher level.

I think the most telling thing in our recruitment is the total lack of leaders, did we recruit specifically to ensure we had players that weren’t disruptive, questioning and not afraid to take the lead when necessary, it bloody looks like it.

Over the years we have had some decent on pitch leaders, but we have also had other periods when we’ve been short of them, I think this must be the longest and leanest period I can recall.  Whoever ends up recruiting for next season needs to find some.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

To answer your question I would appoint NP this week and get to work. I would give him 100% control to throw the right people under the bus or just get them out of the club THIS WEEK, no messing about. Warnock’s done it at Middlesbrough.

absolutely agree i quoted the wrong person so sorry 

What is scarey is that Ashton and the board believe this little lot are a top six target side. They are so far off its embarrassing. Its great Ashton is going as we can have a complete overhaul and hopefully Pearson will have a blank canvas to work from. We do have some good players so its not all doom and gloom, they just need to be moulded together. Steve Cotterell did the same and won the double. If Pearson is allowed to put his stamp on it that is. Personally, I think we need 2 CBs, 1 RB, 1 LB, 2 CM, 2 STR.  I think Pearson has been looking to see who might fit into his 4231 style and sadly not many in attack have covered themselves in any glory. 

I think we will see the end of most of the out of contract players - perhaps only Walsh and Weiman will survive. I can see Palmer being sold on, perhaps Nagy too. Cant see Lansbury being retained either. Wells may also be sold on.  He will turn us into a nasty, bullying, physical side, with that counter attacking punch that we saw with Vardy at Leicester - which is just what the Dr ordered. 

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You could tell from Pearson’s reaction he has never encountered such crap before. Perhaps they refuse to talk unless their agents give them permission??

There lies the problem players have now become untouchable and ewrnnfar too much money for what they actually do

2 hours ago, Banjo Red said:

Very honest assessment of the team too many senior players looking disinterested and letting the younger players down.

I'd move on Wells Kalas Palmer Dasilva Nagy Semenyo anyone of value to assist the new manager in getting players in who want the shirt.

Might upset a few but kalas not the ball winner or leader we need also Bentley great shot stopper but needs to come off his goal line and command his six yard area .

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You can take any individual comments in an interview and make them suit. If you listen to his Radio Bristol interview it’s clear he can’t wait to get stuck in.

I missed Nige on RB but in pretty much every interview he’s given I always got the impression that he’s keen to get involved with the club and if you think about it, it’s understandable why that’s so.

He takes over a demoralised squad, has witnessed in the few games in charge what’s missing and has probably been thinking about how to address those issues and wants to get stuck in to rebuilding the squad,

Essentially he’ll be starting from scratch and that’s a challenge lots of experienced managers would love to take on - Nige is no different.

Just now, Shaun Taylor said:

There lies the problem players have now become untouchable and ewrnnfar too much money for what they actually do

Yeah, but professional footballers that don’t communicate on the pitch? How can you even be a pro if you are afraid to talk and shout on a football pitch. It is literally beyond comprehension. As others have said the “type of guy you would let your daughter marry” criteria we seem to operate needs a rethink to put it mildly.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I missed Nige on RB but in pretty much every interview he’s given I always got the impression that he’s keen to get involved with the club and if you think about it, it’s understandable why that’s so.

He takes over a demoralised squad, has witnessed in the few games in charge what’s missing and has probably been thinking about how to address those issues and wants to get stuck in to rebuilding the squad,

Essentially he’ll be starting from scratch and that’s a challenge lots of experienced managers would love to take on - Nige is no different.

It’s a dream scenario in many ways. Talk about being able to stamp your own footprint on a club.....

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

i know its not on the OS but have a listen 

6 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Surely the issues that Nigel brings up in his post match interviews are some of the same ones discussed with the lansdowns this week. I think the second half today strengthens his hand. He can point to senior players saying “Look, you’re paying him £15k+ per week and what are you getting from him??!!”

I think Steve would rightly be very annoyed by their continuing capitulation.

Furthermore, SL and JL are watching it all (as we all are) game after game; so all that NP is saying is clearly in front of their eyes too. His predecessors were unable to authentically articulate even what the problems were let alone what had to be done to ‘solve the problems’. 

NP has a clear sense of what the problems are and how to address them. SL wants success, as fans all we can do is to patiently wait for an official announcement on our future manager. Oh and pray that NP wants the job and that SL wants to appoint him! 

Archived