IGNORED

Nigel Pearsons post match interview

Unan

Just now, Jerseybean said:

Furthermore, SL and JL are watching it all (as we all are) game after game; so all that NP is saying is clearly in front of their eyes too. His predecessors were unable to authentically articulate even what the problems were let alone what had to be done to ‘solve the problems’. 

NP has a clear sense of what the problems are and how to address them. SL wants success, as fans all we can do is to patiently wait for an official announcement on our future manager. Oh and pray that NP wants the job and that SL wants to appoint him! 

SL and JL have needed to go to specsavers for years we have all seen it go tits up why haven't they 

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Furthermore, SL and JL are watching it all (as we all are) game after game; so all that NP is saying is clearly in front of their eyes too. His predecessors were unable to authentically articulate even what the problems were let alone what had to be done to ‘solve the problems’. 

NP has a clear sense of what the problems are and how to address them. SL wants success, as fans all we can do is to patiently wait for an official announcement on our future manager. Oh and pray that NP wants the job and that SL wants to appoint him! 

Pearson wants the job, make no mistake about that, and it’s only my opinion but if Steve Lansdown goes elsewhere he will have literally trumped himself at any time in the last 20 years on incompetent football decision making.

30 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It seems to have got to the point where Mark Ashton and Nigel Pearson can't exist in the same Bristol City universe. But MA is here for another month. So what gives?

Sling Ashton out then, gardening leave, whatever. The guy is gone in a month anyway! Pearson has seen through him already possibly.

15 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Might upset a few but kalas not the ball winner or leader we need also Bentley great shot stopper but needs to come off his goal line and command his six yard area .

Don't hammer me but, while watching our 2nd half capitulation, I was thinking we wouldn't lose this if Flinty was still here. I'm not saying go and get him back but he would have won everything in the air and at least 2 of their goals came from headers won by their big unit up top. He would also have shown some serious balls and rattled a few cages if his teammates weren't performing, we've all seen that before.

Anyone think of a younger mouthy version of Aden?

33 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

How anyone could deduce from that interview that NP will walk away or isn’t up for the challenge is beyond me. Everything he says smacks of wanting to get stuck in and properly get to work. To those with doubts about his willingness to stay how bloody clear does he have to make it? If Pearson isn’t here next season only one man is responsible.........

Can't disagree with a word No 1, he wants it and we need him but I'm not sure he's getting it. 

Crazy decision if that IS the case.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Sling Ashton out then, gardening leave, whatever. The guy is gone in a month anyway! Pearson has seen through him already possibly.

Don't hammer me but, while watching our 2nd half capitulation, I was thinking we wouldn't lose this if Flinty was still here! I'm not saying go and get him back but he would have won everything in the air and at least 2 of their goals came from headers won by their big unit up top. He would also have shown some serious balls and rattled a few cages if his teammates weren't performing, we've all seen that before.

Was thinking the same there must be some one in league one or two that commands his area having said that your keeper needs to inspire confidence every set peice or corner we are vulnnerable .

5 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Was thinking the same there must be some one in league one or two that commands his area having said that your keeper needs to inspire confidence every set peice or corner we are vulnnerable .

I wonder if we could get Benkovic back? Big nasty bugger. We need a few of them.

Nige - Leicester legend = Benkovic?

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

What infrastructure? We haven't had a Chief Scout since Day was sacked,  we have no DoF or equivalent. Ashton was given control of all football operations and appointed himself Head of Recruitment despite having no expertise.

There is no infrastructure, which I suspect Pearson was referring to when he talked about organisational issues.

I fear SL will not like being told home truths like that and will look for another yes man to toe the line.

I share your concern that SL isn't going to like being told the reality of the situation. I don't think he can ignore it - it's having a massive effect on what's happening on the pitch right now. 

I think you allude to where our differences are in your answer - when I talk about infrastructure I'm talking about training facilities and stadium. It sounds like you are referring to organisation and roles within this whereas I see that as something separate.

So from my perspective there is infrastructure there isn't a hierarchy or organisation - so let's put semantics to one side. 

To be fair I would prefer it this way around if something had to be shit - it can be a lot quicker to recruit people than to build buildings. The problem with that is it's harder to recruit the correct people than to build the right buildings. If we have to recruit a C level exec, manager and 15 players in the next 4 months I give us probably a 60% hit rate - if we're not 100% with the C level and manager then we're pretty much finished before we start so SL has to get that right - first test. Then they have to sort out the players (probably a couple months work to setup recruitment in a half decent way, then getting the players recruited is another story) and the framework which the players operate in (in less than a month).

I honestly can't see any player wanting to join us at the moment - we can't explain to them our framework, style of play, goals, where they fit, who they will be reporting to, who will be sorting out there issues ect ect. All stuff we had 3 seasons ago but didn't have a nice training ground - now we have a nice training ground but none of that. All stuff that can be sorted in 4 months but it's going to take some long days and nights to sort it out and I can't see SL doing it so it all starts with a C level appointment ASAP because until that point we're dead in the water with crew looking for the lifeboats. 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

******* brilliant. Finally calling the club and players out for saying we aren’t as good as we’ve been Harping on about for years. Please give him a 3 year deal ASAP. 

Out of likes Pete but spot on mate, exactly what I thought listening to NP.

My fear is SL won’t like the truth and want yet another yes man at the helm though. 

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I share your concern that SL isn't going to like being told the reality of the situation. I don't think he can ignore it - it's having a massive effect on what's happening on the pitch right now. 

I think you allude to where our differences are in your answer - when I talk about infrastructure I'm talking about training facilities and stadium. It sounds like you are referring to organisation and roles within this whereas I see that as something separate.

So from my perspective there is infrastructure there isn't a hierarchy or organisation - so let's put semantics to one side. 

To be fair I would prefer it this way around if something had to be shit - it can be a lot quicker to recruit people than to build buildings. The problem with that is it's harder to recruit the correct people than to build the right buildings. If we have to recruit a C level exec, manager and 15 players in the next 4 months I give us probably a 60% hit rate - if we're not 100% with the C level and manager then we're pretty much finished before we start so SL has to get that right - first test. Then they have to sort out the players (probably a couple months work to setup recruitment in a half decent way, then getting the players recruited is another story) and the framework which the players operate in (in less than a month).

I honestly can't see any player wanting to join us at the moment - we can't explain to them our framework, style of play, goals, where they fit, who they will be reporting to, who will be sorting out there issues ect ect. All stuff we had 3 seasons ago but didn't have a nice training ground - now we have a nice training ground but none of that. All stuff that can be sorted in 4 months but it's going to take some long days and nights to sort it out and I can't see SL doing it so it all starts with a C level appointment ASAP because until that point we're dead in the water with crew looking for the lifeboats. 

The 2021/22 season starts in 6th August I think, which means we have much less than 4 months to get sorted?! 

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I wonder if we could get Benkovic back? Big nasty bugger. We need a few of them.

Nige - Leicester legend = Benkovic?

Currently a bench warmer for some club in Belgium.

He'd bite our hand off to come back here I reckon, at least he'd get a game.

27 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It’s like a doctor saying you’ve just got a cough when in fact you’ve got lung cancer.

It’s very unpleasant to hear the truth but at least you can do something about it when you know what the diagnosis is. 

I wish we were a team that everyone hates rather that that "nice," club Bristol City. Let's get some Gow types in that can play the game properly instead of the soft touch "don't  hurt me " types we have now. Boils my p*ss watching us this season. Nigel must know some tougher lads. Lets not worry about winning the fair play league.  Toughen up ffs. 

46 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

The comment about a lack of communication on the pitch, think its nailed on that Walsh will get a new deal, he communicates and dictates and we've previously heard Nigel praise his football brain.

Williams talks a lot too.  You could see it instantly in the 2ish games he played.  

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

If they had ever thought of building Titanic 2, it would’ve been built at the Underfall yard with Steve Lansdown’s money, within spitting distance of AG and it would have quickly followed on the tails of Capt. Barton’s original ship. 

The club is at the biggest crossroads* since 1982

* No Benny or Miss Dianne gags, mind. 

Titanic 2 the movie exists & its shite.

NP has the job. Look forward to the rebuild.

46 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Don't hammer me but, while watching our 2nd half capitulation, I was thinking we wouldn't lose this if Flinty was still here. I'm not saying go and get him back but he would have won everything in the air and at least 2 of their goals came from headers won by their big unit up top. He would also have shown some serious balls and rattled a few cages if his teammates weren't performing, we've all seen that before.

I’ve been worried for close on 3 years.  Having gotten interested in understanding the financial side better I saw a slippery slope of increasing costs.  Those costs increasing quicker than revenues, which  would flatline as we maximised the rebuilt ground. Covid has hit it quicker.  All that against a squad that appeared to be no better in quality season by season.

Then, goal difference....if I posted the Rasmus Ankersen Ted Talk on here once, I’ve posted it a dozen times.

The decline had started, just results hid it.  Fair play to LJ in many respects for keeping results going, but I think some of that was eroding as each of the 17/18 squad left (not just 14/15 players).  We saw that post-Xmas last season, we had a brief respite under Holden either side of the summer.  Then the decline continued.

As for Flint, he was part of a City side that capitulated at times too....Reading New Year 2017 City losing 2-0 lead in that losing run, going down 2-3, reminded me so much of today.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

If they had ever thought of building Titanic 2, it would’ve been built at the Underfall yard with Steve Lansdown’s money, within spitting distance of AG and it would have quickly followed on the tails of Capt. Barton’s original ship. 

The club is at the biggest crossroads* since 1982

* No Benny or Miss Dianne gags, mind. 

They did build it, it was called RMS Olympic. 

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

A few months ago I would have disagreed with you about the players you have mentioned and said they are pivotal for next season but in hindsight I 100% agree and I would add Bentley to the list and maximise their sale 

NP has to oversee a massive clear out and reset the whole culture of the playing side 

His coaches, his Director of Football and his players to give us any chance of staying in this division next season let alone thinking of the play offs 

I trust him 100% to do that provided SL gives him the full support he requires to deliver 

I won’t be shedding any tears on the shower of s**t who have let the club down this season so bring on the summer and the NP era 

Agreed

42 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I didn't have him down as a nasty bugger, and its interesting he's bench warming again. Just like here, Cardiff and wherever he is now.

He must have something for Leicester to pay big bucks for him. Needs a run of games maybe? I've no idea in all honesty.

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Any ideas Rog? He's the first one that came to mind tbh.

Joined Cardiff on loan last October - December and played one game for 70 minutes.

Joined OH Leuven in Belgium in January this year and hasn't played a single minute.

He must be desperate for some game time, still only 23.

Played 10 games for us and scored 2.

15 minutes ago, marmite said:

Interesting hearing Nigel saying about on field communication.  Didn't he have the crowd noise turned off because he couldn't hear them on the pitch. Now we know why he couldn't hear them.

I would have though communication was a given, even in park football. Bloody poor show if professionals don't do it.

Worrying.

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Robbie Cundy?

Don't know... hence the question mark.

1 hour ago, Nugget said:

NP has the job. Look forward to the rebuild.

I'm not ITK as to whether you are ITK, but you better be ITK because you keep saying this and I'll ****ing hate you if it turns out you're not ITK and I have to be ITK about you being a bullshitter.

Archived