IGNORED

Nigel Pearsons post match interview

Unan

3 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I think the fans have become blinded by rumours and scaremongering, which has resulted in a negative cycle view of everything and everyone involved off the field that's been exacerbated by Lockdown and ennui. 

The squad is good, they're demotivated and not being managed well and haven't been for some time. 

Tactics and roles arent 'that' difficult or at least shouldn't be, nor should finding players motivation aspects whether that's myers briggs, strengthsfinder, Belkin test or something else. 

Managing is a bit of everything part of that is encouraging and motivation, without shouting to an already shell shocked team how shit they've been.  

Think different and getting the basics right for more than 45 mins would be a massive start. 

Our squad isn't that good. My opinion is if you look at the teams in the top half how many players in our team would get in most sides? I don't think many would.

We're a boring side. The rest of what you say is all valid. I think mostly all down to 3 years of utter frustration from the fanbase though and lockdown has not helped, It's been a total bore to watch.

If you go through the History of this football club in the past 40 years, I would have to say this side is among one of the poorest we've had, I think most of our League 1 sides were better or at least played much more attractive football.

We need an experienced manager in charge and one who has seen what is going on infront of him is the main reason why majority want NP in. We might be wrong, but I can't think of anyone right now who would actually be better suited to the clear out and rebuild than him going forward, can you?

24 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Well, instead of assuming, then ask. 

Assumptions are the devil's work. 

Dont like the Simpson signing, however it's the on pitch stuff that's depressing. 

Not called for NP to go and pointed out its not working. 

Sometimes it doesn't and NPs work at Bristol City has been woeful thus far. 

No one has any answer to that because at present there is none. 

There's a big difference in there. 

Ok I'll ask. Is your negativity towards Pearson more to do with the Simpson signing or purely football reasons?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ok I'll ask. Is your negativity towards Pearson more to do with the Simpson signing or purely football reasons?

Well I can certainly say that mine is for footballing reasons, solely based on what we’ve seen on the pitch since Pearson took over.  I honestly think the football has been worse than at any time under Holden (ok, we’ll forget Watford...).

30 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Well, instead of assuming, then ask. 

Assumptions are the devil's work. 

Dont like the Simpson signing, however it's the on pitch stuff that's depressing. 

Not called for NP to go and pointed out its not working. 

Sometimes it doesn't and NPs work at Bristol City has been woeful thus far. 

No one has any answer to that because at present there is none. 

There's a big difference in there. 

Is that based on results and performances?  His remit is wider than that though isn’t it? 

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well I can certainly say that mine is for footballing reasons, solely based on what we’ve seen on the pitch since Pearson took over.  I honestly think the football has been worse than at any time under Holden (ok, we’ll forget Watford...).

Did you think first half yesterday was an improvement?

31 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It really isn't.

Just now, spudski said:

Belbin test? Not Belkin?

Correct!! Invented by Dr Meredith Belbin to establish individuals ideal roles within a team......although whether that applies to a football team might be a matter for discussion. If people are going to use their knowledge of psychology to impress us you would think they might get that small detail correct.

16 hours ago, Superjack said:

I'm not ITK as to whether you are ITK, but you better be ITK because you keep saying this and I'll ****ing hate you if it turns out you're not ITK and I have to be ITK about you being a bullshitter.

Trust the nugget 

The term “test” is misleading with the Belbin team roles as you can’t pass or fail. Each role is equally important and each role needs to be fulfilled for a team to be successful. I can’t see how the roles apply to a football team other than indirectly ie you’ve got to have the correct mix of skills and behaviours for a football team to be successful. You don’t need a test to know that, it’s common sense. 

As has been pointed out before, it's not his team, he's had no transfer window, injuries, expiring contracts etc.

If he is going to be given the job (needs to happen soon) then I imagine that by the January window, we'll either be mid table and trying to sign a few to push on to the playoffs, or in a battle at the bottom and hoping to get a few to "drag us upwards".

If we're in the latter scenario, then at that point Pearson would have had a pre-season (extended because let's be honest, we're currently playing as if half are on the beach so may as well be pre-season now), a transfer window, and about 3-4 months of putting his stamp on HIS team. If we're still churning out these crap performances and even worse results, then he may not get another transfer window.

I can't see how we can say to Pearson thanks but no thanks. If he goes, we need:

New manager

New coaching staff

New medical team

New players - at least 7 or 8 quality signings

New CEO(type)

A new manager would need to assess the squad, do all the work that Pearson has already done, and then get to work. It doesn't make sense to get anybody else in. 

If you go for Pearson, you can probably guarantee that a lot of the other pieces will fall into place.

Gary Johnson and Steve Cotterills records weren't great at the start, and they didn't have the issues we currently have!!

Rome wasn't built in a day. A fire can spread very quickly though. I think if he goes (through his choosing or Steve L's) then a fire will start burning at Ashton Gate. It then may not be put out until it's too late and we find ourselves in the league that our neighbours have just plummeted out of...

21 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It seems to have got to the point where Mark Ashton and Nigel Pearson can't exist in the same Bristol City universe. But MA is here for another month. So what gives?

Mark Ashton is irrelevant to Pearson. Ashton is mainly still here to see if there is wiggle room for a sale or partial sale of the club/BS to outsiders for SL. 

The set up for next season is the issue. Will it suit both Pearson and SL (and/or new owner investor) Can they agree on future management of the playing side of club? 

Guess we are going to see!

13 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Mark Ashton is irrelevant to Pearson. Ashton is mainly still here to see if there is wiggle room for a sale or partial sale of the club/BS to outsiders for SL. 

The set up for next season is the issue. Will it suit both Pearson and SL (and/or new owner investor) Can they agree on future management of the playing side of club? 

Guess we are going to see!

Ashton being sidelined, SL has seen the light.

Archived