IGNORED

Downing - defensive coach

old_eastender

2 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

We have the worst full backs in the league and two centre backs who are probably the worst at winning the first ball in the league. Not much for a coach to work with. 

Very harsh on Kalas imo.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Captain Invisible?

He need a centre half besides him who will win the ball in the air, like Webster did and Mawson (whilst fit), Vyner is NOT the answer (whatever the question for me).  Maybe Cundy who has got rave review on loan in lower divisions can be the answer, if not we need to sign one.

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

He was offered it, and accepted.

He leads by example not shouting, gets stuck in, puts his head in where it hurts, some of the blocks he makes are incredible.

It would be great if he dished out a few bollockings on the pitch but that isn't in him which is a shame.

I was responding to two lazy and shitty comments.

I’m not saying downing and Simpson deserve no blame..

but, on another thread we are celebrating (almost) Pearson for calling everything out... not long a go Simpson gave an interview and really gave abit of insight into what’s going on behind the scenes

Simpson and Downing would have given Pearson a few home truths when he arrived, they are also aware this club is ******.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Indeed. Which is why he shouldn't be captain next season. It needs to be someone who can do what you say and also give direction during the game.

I think NP alluded to that today.

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Indeed. Which is why he shouldn't be captain next season. It needs to be someone who can do what you say and also give direction during the game.

Why do we place so much emphasis on being a captain if you can’t play football without someone “inspiring” you to do so, then maybe you shouldn’t be a footballer! 

7 minutes ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

Why do we place so much emphasis on being a captain if you can’t play football without someone “inspiring” you to do so, then maybe you shouldn’t be a footballer! 

It's not necessarily just inspiring people, its also about organising them because you are able to read the game. Some players are better at it than others.

51 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He leads by example not shouting, gets stuck in, puts his head in where it hurts, some of the blocks he makes are incredible.

It would be great if he dished out a few bollockings on the pitch but that isn't in him which is a shame.

I was responding to two lazy and shitty comments.

And he got an assist today!...............Unfortunately it was to Cornick ?

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Kalas has done very little to warrant any praise this season. Overrated

It’s been mentioned before but MA’s much vaunted negotiation skills had a day off when nailing down Kalas’s transfer fee. 

26 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Kalas has done very little to warrant any praise this season. Overrated

Agree, Kalas is a decent enough player but never worth what was it 7 million, been a big disappointment, I think all 3 we signed from Chelsea have been a waste of money.

15 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Agree, Kalas is a decent enough player but never worth what was it 7 million, been a big disappointment, I think all 3 we signed from Chelsea have been a waste of money.

Even worse when you consider we had all 3 on loan before we decided to purchase! 

15 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Cant disagree, theres no doubt kalas will put his head in where it hurts, we could do with cloning him for a few other positions really

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Downing, defensive coach - oxymoron  

A moron of any sort is being polite as far as he is concerned!!

I'm amazed that him and Simpson were spared from a sacking with Holden. Amazed even more so that they're still here now.

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

And yet we were all absolutely delighted with the signing and praising Ashton's negotiating skill if I recall.

I was very happy with the signing though remember being taken aback at the fee. Naively, perhaps, I assumed this was the going rate for a player like him though was was not outraged or anything, especially as this was after the Webster and Kelly sales.

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Very harsh on Kalas imo.

Is it? He’s been really poor. Whenever a ball comes in the box his positioning is all over the shop. Saw that again today...

He is supposedly our captain but I don’t see authority there, especially defending set pieces. 

Archived