IGNORED

Embarrassing and shite

Shtanley

13 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Is how I'd describe the most recent episode of OSIB. My god it's a chore when City are playing badly. Which has been for a little while...

Thank you for sticking with OSIB despite the woeful ineptitude of City! 

LISTEN HERE

Well done Stan, although in fairness the dirge of this season is not a new experience. 

What a load of bollocks it’s been. It’s important to question why though.

Having to talk about the equivalent of 'watching paint dry' for almost the whole season at 60 odd minutes a pop is no mean feet Stan, I doff my cap to you sir, and your guests. 

Maybe you could think about getting someone on with a little more awareness regarding tactical observation. Don't mean to sound harsh, but your guests have limited knowledge when analysing a game. Someone like @Davefevs would be good, but I understand there maybe a transfer tug of war between other pods :laugh:!!?!?!

Apart from that, you do a great job and it's much appreciated in terms of the time you all give free of charge every week.

I still don’t understand why we talk about Baker like he’s only available half a season every year? Of course this year has been a write off, but given the number of injuries especially hamstrings, I don’t think he can be blamed.

he’s come off early a handful of times, most of his unavailability for us has been due to Webster and being dropped on a couple of occasions. This has been his only long injury lay off

I agree he probably shouldn’t be our highest earner but do we even know that’s true? I’d offer him on a reduced contract if so but look to bring in someone better than both Kalas and Baker and one of them will be back up

17 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Having to talk about the equivalent of 'watching paint dry' for almost the whole season at 60 odd minutes a pop is no mean feet Stan, I doff my cap to you sir, and your guests. 

Maybe you could think about getting someone on with a little more awareness regarding tactical observation. Don't mean to sound harsh, but your guests have limited knowledge when analysing a game. Someone like @Davefevs would be good, but I understand there maybe a transfer tug of war between other pods :laugh:!!?!?!

Apart from that, you do a great job and it's much appreciated in terms of the time you all give free of charge every week.

I’m on the beach, have been for weeks ???

14 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I still don’t understand why we talk about Baker like he’s only available half a season every year? Of course this year has been a write off, but given the number of injuries especially hamstrings, I don’t think he can be blamed.

he’s come off early a handful of times, most of his unavailability for us has been due to Webster and being dropped on a couple of occasions. This has been his only long injury lay off

I agree he probably shouldn’t be our highest earner but do we even know that’s true? I’d offer him on a reduced contract if so but look to bring in someone better than both Kalas and Baker and one of them will be back up

Really? He's played 80 times in 4 seasons and been subbed early (or sent off) 20 times. So I heard this week. 

18 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Saw somewhere earlier saying he’s Missed 80 games in four seasons through injury ?

25 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Really? He's played 80 times in 4 seasons and been subbed early (or sent off) 20 times. So I heard this week. 

85 in 4 seasons, though pretty sure he just couldn’t get in the side (but was fit for a fair bit of it) when Webster partnered Kalas in 18/19.

Certainly has gone off injured in the first half in a lot of games too.

36 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

This is spot on. I really like Baker - best centre back at the club - but from a business perspective his per game cost is more than we can afford.

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

Saw somewhere earlier saying he’s Missed 80 games in four seasons through injury ?

I don't think that's true. Firstly he's been here 5 seasons not 4 so I don't know if that excludes this season or his first season on loan?

Obviously this season has been bad, he's missed 43 league games but as I said above given the number of hamstring injuries I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that this wasn't his fault or due to him being "made of glass" in the same way we arent saying that about the rest of them.

Excluding this season, he's missed a total of 64 games out of 184. Doesn't sound great but then when you break it down

2019/20 he missed 12 games. 5 of them he was an unused sub and if I remember rightly the 4 he missed in December were due to being droppped not injury. He missed the last 2 games through this same hamstring injury. I cant remember the one he missed earlier in the season at Reading but even if that was injury were saying he "missed" 12 games but was on the bench for 5 and dropped for 4. So realistically he could only have missed 3 through injury.

2018/19 he missed 30. 13 of those he was on the bench. So he was clearly available at least 29/46. This was the Webster/Kalas season so most of his missing games were purely selection where LJ favoured only 1 CB on the bench

2017/18 he missed 12. 2 were on the bench, 4 were suspension. So he only missed 6 games. This was his most remembered season injury wise as he came off early on 3 occasions and missed the next game. Sunderland away, Burton away (i think this was tactical, half time) and Forest away.

2015/16 he missed 5 games, 1 of those was on the bench and 1 suspension.

So of those 64 games he's missed, "only" 29 of those could possibly have been injury and most were just selection decisions because LJ often went with one CB on the bench and had to pick between the likes of Magnússon, Wright, Moore, Kelly, Baker etc. No chance it's anywhere near 80 even including this injury where he's missed 45 games, it's probably 50-55 in total. It's nowhere near as bad as it's made out where some would have you believe he's missing every other game.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You’d assume a new contract won’t be on £17k per week.

You know my views Dave, what are we basing any new offer on?

If we cannot find a more reliable & far cheaper in wages terms, physical centre back, then our recruitment process is even worse than I thought.

We have both heard the rumours of a CB signing but he doesn’t appear to be a Flint (or Cundy) type particularly, either.

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You know my views Dave, what are we basing any new offer on?

If we cannot find a more reliable & far cheaper in wages terms, physical centre back, then our recruitment process is even worse than I thought.

We have both heard the rumours of a CB signing but he doesn’t appear to be a Flint (or Cundy) type particularly, either.

Ain’t that the truth.

On a lighter note, i used the podcast as my soundtrack for doing the notorious week 5 run 3 of the couch to 5k this morning. If you’ve done it it’s the jump to running 20 minutes nonstop when only 5 weeks ago you were struggling to do just a minute at a time 

So your efforts were appreciated and listening to the analysis of city’s second half collapse meant i didn’t do the same ?

Archived