IGNORED

Next season: What's the mood ?

The Humble Realist

Where will we finish next season ?  

352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13-21 is my expectation but as you said, too many unknowns at the moment. Next season could be the one we are relegated which would be such a shame.

- Will we address the injury situation or can the next bunch of incoming players look forward to months out.

- How much funds can/will Landsdown want to make available. What sort of income will the club have to offset spend.

- Who the next manager will be.

- quality and number of replacements we can bring in.

- Whether the new team will gel/bond or play like strangers.

- What coaching team the new manager will want/be allowed to bring in.

- Will the club make quick/fluid decisions when needed or will the take weeks/months to address any of the above (time is going to be critical over the next few months but we seem to be really slow at making key decisions).

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lots of vagaries but if Nige is in charge and is allowed to build his own squad then the pray-offs would be my hope.

Not sure it’s that realistic tho...........:dunno:

To turn the current mess into a play off challenging team is one of the most unrealistic targets you could possibly come out with. We need to survive next season, the more comfortable the better obviously, nothing else. No point in predicting league position until we see what players are brought in although we can start from a baseline of rock bottom of the table if nobody is brought in. That's not even debatable imo.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

To turn the current mess into a play off challenging team is one of the most unrealistic targets you could possibly come out with. We need to survive next season, the more comfortable the better obviously, nothing else. No point in predicting league position until we see what players are brought in although we can start from a baseline of rock bottom of the table if nobody is brought in. That's not even debatable imo.

Two important words my post - vagaries and hope.........:cool2:

As a fan base (one million strong + 1, obvs) we will be advised to set ourselves realistic expectations. That our apology for a squad can be disassembled, reassembled and galvanised into a promotion chasing team vying against clubs containing £multi-million rated players whilst receiving obscene parachute payments is not a sensible target, imo and will only breed discontent with the likely reality.

If we can achieve a position of mid-table mediocrity, given this season’s debacle, our new manager will have over performed. 

If Pearson stays i still think next season will be too soon for a serious promotion push. Rarely do teams with 10 plus new players do well in their first season so I think it would be be unfair to expect anything other than a mid to upper mid table finish next season.
I think the fanbase would accept that aslong as the brand of football was decent and we had a group of players willing to actually show some commitment and desire for the shirt..

13th to 21st is a broad category. On yesterday's showing 13th would be a very good finish!

There are too many unknowns to make much of a prediction at the moment. I don't believe we'd be relegated with Nigel Pearson in charge.

I think avoiding relegation would be a good starting point, and perhaps the best we can expect.

If we keep the same backroom staff then I genuinely fear we will be relegated. Unless we sort out the injury situation/ medical team I fear we’ll carry on the same way with struggling to keep a consistent starting eleven and no real competition for places due to injuries leading to lazy prima donna players like we’ve had this season. With a proper clear out of people on and off the pitch stealing a living then hopefully 16th or above. However I predicted 9th this season so I clearly know nothing!

We're not in a particularly good place right now and the squad needs a rebuild but lighten up everyone. We're in the Championship not at the bottom of Division 4 (L2) FFS! If Pearson stays and he's given a budget (FFP compliant) that will allow him to sort out the coaching staff and squad we can finish close to the play-offs next season. We are no where near the worst we've been or no where near being as f**ked up as some other clubs in the league. Onward and upward should be our mantra. 

3 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

We need a complete restructure not just on the pitch but off it. 

We need to give NP the job and let him bring his own team and the players he wants in. 

Otherwise we will go down for sure.

Agreed, but can you see SL going along with that ?

I really can't see it happening.

Not a dig at the OP, but this is a little pointless. 
We don't know who will even manage us come the start of next season, let alone the make up of the squad.
As others have said, with this team relegation seems inevitable . The start of next season we could have an entirely different starting XI so anything is possible.

I'm still trying to decide if they're worth £500 of my money at the moment.

I've put top two. Is nobody else as happily deluded as myself?

The under-23's just won their group that included the likes of Colchester and, no less, Charlton Athletic.

There will be a transformational coaching team and new manager in place next year with a mass clear out of out of contract players who can't be faulted for effort but a bit of ability would have come in handy.  We will retain the Scouse Messi though.

A new fitness team will no doubt be part of the new set-up that will match the grade A training facilities.

Remember that well-know saying in the financial market? "Past performance is not a guide to the future."

1 minute ago, bcfcnick said:

I've put top two. Is nobody else as happily deluded as myself?

The under-23's just won their group that included the likes of Colchester and, no less, Charlton Athletic.

There will be a transformational coaching team and new manager in place next year with a mass clear out of out of contract players who can't be faulted for effort but a bit of ability would have come in handy.  We will retain the Scouse Messi though.

A new fitness team will no doubt be part of the new set-up that will match the grade A training facilities.

Remember that well-know saying in the financial market? "Past performance is not a guide to the future."

'Can't be faulted for effort'

Are you in a parallel universe?

6 minutes ago, The Bard said:

'Can't be faulted for effort'

Are you in a parallel universe?

Which players didn't try on Sunday?   Please name them.  Three C's lacking; confidence, competence and concentration but the only obvious one who hasn't shown effort in the squad has been Diedhiou.

Archived