IGNORED

Social Media

Southport Red

Since the EFL is starting a 4 day Social Media blackout, is it likely we won’t appoint NPuntil it’s over so they can do all the ‘on the roof’ stuff and Facebook/Twitter posts?

Just realised it doesn’t start today ?, but knowing how they love to spin, they need to announce by Friday. 

48 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Since the EFL is starting a 4 day Social Media blackout, is it likely we won’t appoint NPuntil it’s over so they can do all the ‘on the roof’ stuff and Facebook/Twitter posts?

Just realised it doesn’t start today ?, but knowing how they love to spin, they need to announce by Friday. 

Yeah you're probably right. I suspect if a deal does get done during this time period, we will know about it via Ali Durden/Gregor/Pete O'Rouke and it'll just be official confirmation that'll be completed later this week.

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Do you really think they'd do an on the roof with Pearson? Would be utterly ridiculous if they did

OTIB is the only social media site I use.   I have never logged on to Facebook or Twitter and have no desire to do so.

If any players are reading this now, despite the ban,  I'd like to say that most of you are shower of shite irrespective of race, religion or sexual preference.  If you are offended by someone calling you names on-line then wait until you have some fans watching you - in many cases that won't be AG as you won't be around.

7 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

OTIB is the only social media site I use.   I have never logged on to Facebook or Twitter and have no desire to do so.

If any players are reading this now, despite the ban,  I'd like to say that most of you are shower of shite irrespective of race, religion or sexual preference.  If you are offended by someone calling you names on-line then wait until you have some fans watching you - in many cases that won't be AG as you won't be around.

Yeah players reading this! If you are offended by someone calling you names online, then wait until Nongazeuse is back in the stadium where he can shout at you in person! As he says irrespective of race, religion or sexual preference because he hates them all!

It's a social media blackout right? So they'd still be fine posting stuff on the OS...they just wouldn't promote it via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc. It's not a news blackout. Are they including YouTube as "social media" or is that categorised as a video publishing site so is fine. I've honestly not looked up what the self-imposed rules are so genuinely do not know.

Can they make it 40 days black out instead please? I'm quite looking forward to not being bombarded with the same news article via multiple media feeds every day.

I would suspect that because the public cannot comment on the official website or the official app, then City should still be able to pass news on if they wanted.

So the blackout will be from 1500 on Friday, until 2359 on Monday. 

In other words all teams are going off the radar over the Bank Holiday weekend.

I expect a lot of the country will either be too busy trying to get a seat booked at a pub, spending time with family (where they can), or getting too rat arsed at home to really give a monkies to be fair. If the weather is decent, the BBQ's will be out in force as well.

In trying to do something and be "pro active in the fight against racism", what they're actually doing is giving people the bank holiday, and causing as little "disruption" as possible.

Not a dig at the club either BTW, as all clubs are doing it. Just another backhanded attempt to try to be seen as "doing something".

Fact is, until these social media platforms actually start doing something themselves like banning people (or I.P's) and/or the police take a tough stance on these subjects, it will carry on anyway.

14 hours ago, SuperDziek said:

Or better still....Clubcall.

Many moons ago, when I was single and wont to spend my UK evenings in a backstreet, South London boozer reading newspapers & doing crosswords (busmans' given I worked in the Fourth Estate,) I found myself adjacent a couple of blokes one quickly deduced were BS, trainee hacks. Dead giveaway was they held a few sheets of AP newsfeed; pre computerisation syndicated news was transmitted via Telex (look it up you yung 'uns.)

They were talking football & I kept my peace whilst the Northern bloke, in discussion with his oppo, made disparaging remark after disparaging remark about City, their players and management. He went further as to describe what 'stories' he would promote, by which he meant fabricate,  over the next few days. As a City diehard I held my peace no longer & called him out in a stream of vituperative wrath, including questioning any journalistic credentials he might think himself possess (rule one of Hack Club is never underestimate who may be listening, however improbable the connection.) 

The whimpering hack confessed he was new to the game & (amongst other clubs) he was providing City's 'Clubcall' service. He drank up & skulked-off.

As an aside, one of the regulars in that boozer left a creditable profession to move into the short lived but highly lucrative 'Premium Rate ' telephone business that was starting up, though he denied Clubcall was one of his. Other regulars were employed to generate & provide 'pre-recorded services', with a credibility rating on a par with that offered by Clubcall.

Happy days.

Archived