IGNORED

Offside?

Redandproud

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

It didn't go in!

Seen that said, but why did the ref bring the game back & give them a free kick then?

If Conway was deemed offside surely play could have gone on?

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm confused by it. Didn't Baker head it and then it hit one Peterborough player, then another Peterborough player and then Conway scores. Haven't seen it back since then but it was something like that. 

Think back to Assombalonga goal where ball was played over to Assombalonga in an offside position but Moore got his head on it, which meant Assombalonga was onside.

Not sure what the difference is. 

Not sure what It has to do with Peterborough?

They’re in League One..

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm confused by it. Didn't Baker head it and then it hit one Peterborough player, then another Peterborough player and then Conway scores. Haven't seen it back since then but it was something like that. 

Think back to Assombalonga goal where ball was played over to Assombalonga in an offside position but Moore got his head on it, which meant Assombalonga was onside.

Not sure how many Peterborough players it hit Jon ?

Comes back to the defender not intentionally playing the ball? Conway is stood right in front of the keeper offside and the defender hasn't intended to play the ball and its just deflected off him, if the defender tried playing the ball Conway would have been onside?

51 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Has to be a deliberate action. If it hits a defender it doesn't play the attacker onside. If the defender makes a deliberate play at the ball such as the Assombalonga incident then it does. That issue/rule is still contentious though for me as Moore doesn't make an attempt if the attacker isn't there.

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Has to be a deliberate action. If it hits a defender it doesn't play the attacker onside. If the defender makes a deliberate play at the ball such as the Assombalonga incident then it does. That issue/rule is still contentious though for me as Moore doesn't make an attempt if the attacker isn't there.

I suppose given where they're stood, they're deliberately trying to block the ball with any legal part of their body.

I didn't see the match so can't comment on this specific instance.  However in a more general sense of how can you be offside from a corner.... Seldom is the ball on the bye-line when a corner is taken and is often about a yard in the pitch.  Given that, if on the line is only an attacker and the keeper, would that not be offside?  Not trying to be smart, I genuinely don't know.  But in the era where a stray pube could render you offside, this could be the case.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Is the right answer.....as is your questioning of the Moore incident.

Pointless me saying this as it changes nothing, but anyway ?

Not sure if Baker heads it, or it even goes forward until it hits the defender. 
and I know still photos prove nothing but as we're here.

138408784_Screenshot2021-04-26at13_34_10.png.a33789413e6474c0c51495fc1659543d.png 310138878_Screenshot2021-04-26at13_34_54.png.239f9dbd944d3e880219bb5a63b6e310.png

The Ref should consult the Lino surely. Ref gave it from the flag, Lino gave it as the ball goes forward. 

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

It didn't go in!

No way you can tell from the footage and it never went as far as Goal line tech as the Ref gave offside.

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Pointless me saying this as it changes nothing, but anyway ?

Not sure if Baker heads it, or it even goes forward until it hits the defender. 
and I know still photos prove nothing but as we're here.

138408784_Screenshot2021-04-26at13_34_10.png.a33789413e6474c0c51495fc1659543d.png 310138878_Screenshot2021-04-26at13_34_54.png.239f9dbd944d3e880219bb5a63b6e310.png

The Ref should consult the Lino surely. Ref gave it from the flag, Lino gave it as the ball goes forward. 

No way you can tell from the footage and it never went as far as Goal line tech as the Ref gave offside.

It didn't go in, you can see on the replays, player stops it with part of the ball over the line and brings it back. Linesman has presumably thought Baker's flick on has slightly gone forward hence offside

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

It didn't go in, you can see on the replays, player stops it with part of the ball over the line and brings it back. Linesman has presumably thought Baker's flick on has slightly gone forward hence offside

It's close but with out goal line tech you can't be sure. Angles can be deceptive and not sure the frame speed is good enough to tell.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Baker definitely got a flick on it.

Not sure if it actually goes forward though, the definite forward movement comes from the defender.

I do think the Ref & Lino should have consulted though. 

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It's close but with out goal line tech you can't be sure. Angles can be deceptive and not sure the frame speed is good enough to tell.

This is the furthest the ball goes over the line, using .25 speed on youtube, definitely a chunk left on the line

ball.png

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure if it actually goes forward though, the definite forward movement comes from the defender.

I do think the Ref & Lino should have consulted though. 

Ref and Lino can consult through mic and ear piece....there’s no need to go over and chat.  I used to work with the other Lino yesterday (Mark Russell), he refuses to discuss Football incidents with me!!!

It wouldn’t surprise me if the ball was “just” over the line, ref got the Alert, but linesman also flagged, and said Conway was offside.

7 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I didn't see the match so can't comment on this specific instance.  However in a more general sense of how can you be offside from a corner.... Seldom is the ball on the bye-line when a corner is taken and is often about a yard in the pitch.  Given that, if on the line is only an attacker and the keeper, would that not be offside?  Not trying to be smart, I genuinely don't know.  But in the era where a stray pube could render you offside, this could be the case.

Makes no difference, you can’t be offside from the initial kick of a corner

Let it go, we're safe, we start two divs above the gas and we have to get used to seasons where we aren't top half and competitive; this will annoy many on hear whom have got used to it since SL gave Cotts the resources to win a Championship and Lee J the time to build a competitive side with a good squad. Covid and the new manager not working out were not expected nor foreseeable.

We had many seasons like this under Alan Dicks and if he proves to be any good, Pearson will get things sorted this summer, no worries.

Let’s face it we are dire on Sunday and threw the game away by sloppy defending. It would have been great for Conway to score but move on was not meant to be. 
However the only thing I would ask for next season is consistency from officials which is a big ask.

13 minutes ago, 42nite said:

I used to be able to explain the offside rule to my Mrs.....again and again. But that was ok.

Now?  Forget it!  I wouldn't know where to start....or even end!

Why do they have to make such a simple game so complicated?

No wonder she left you ?

8 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

The simple answer is, the laws of the game state that you cannot be offside from a corner! 

Archived